The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Saw antman yesterday . Verdict : did not suck. But was not as good as it could be.

It was a good introduction to the character who's seems to be important to the up coming movies .

But that said you can tell this movie went through a lot of revisions. At one point the female lead (a certain she elf ) was trying to talk down the bad guy saying something about unshielded exposure to something up to that point he would not IMO be exposed to. There are other lapses too

I did like Rudd as antman, btw he is the new antman not the original if that bothered anybody.

Like avengers 2 it's s good movie but lacking something , maybe because it is part of a build up to some major stories starting with captain America 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

BTW the ad uncle rocked on the big screen ! Can't wait!

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation kicked off its run by opening #1 in 33 of 40 overseas territories this weekend, grossing an impressive $65 million which is 49% ahead of Ghost Protocol across the same territories. Including NA’s opening weekend of $56 million, the fifth film in the MI franchise is at a solid $121 million worldwide after one frame.

South Korea topped all territories with $17.1 million from 1,201 locations. That’s the biggest opening ever for a Tom Cruise film in Korea and 48% ahead of Ghost Protocol. The UK/Ireland scored $8.7 million for its biggest opening in the MI franchise. Mexico more than doubled Ghost Protocol’s opening with $5.1 million at 680 locations. Taiwan ($5.0M), Australia ($3.9M), Malaysia ($2.7M), and Hong Kong ($2.6) all opened well above Ghost Protocol. Twenty-five markets will release in the coming weeks with all eyes on China opening September 8.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It's a good opening. Thing about China is last time it opened during golden week a Chinese holiday making a ton of money surprising everybody including the Chinese government . I wonder if it will do as well this time

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Hey folks, sorry I've been away for a few days. I tried to change my registered email address and ended up locking myself out of the forum. Anyway, it's sorted now, just in time for me to post this: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015 ... ave-ruined

Lookee what's at #2.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Omega wrote:BTW the ad uncle rocked on the big screen ! Can't wait!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I SO can't wait!!
"Are we on coms?"
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

When does The Man Form Uncle hit theaters?
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Kristatos wrote:Hey folks, sorry I've been away for a few days. I tried to change my registered email address and ended up locking myself out of the forum. Anyway, it's sorted now, just in time for me to post this: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015 ... ave-ruined

Lookee what's at #2.
I had a few massage something was wrong with your account. Glad you were able to sort it. :cheers:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Goldeneye wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Hey folks, sorry I've been away for a few days. I tried to change my registered email address and ended up locking myself out of the forum. Anyway, it's sorted now, just in time for me to post this: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015 ... ave-ruined

Lookee what's at #2.
I had a few massage something was wrong with your account. Glad you were able to sort it. :cheers:
Yes, I sent that email before I found the link marked "Resend verification email". It worked the second time.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Goldeneye wrote:When does The Man Form Uncle hit theaters?
A couple of weeks, I think. I hope MI:RN's better-than-expected performance doesn't hurt it at the box office.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation kicked off its run by opening #1 in 33 of 40 overseas territories this weekend, grossing an impressive $65 million which is 49% ahead of Ghost Protocol across the same territories. Including NA’s opening weekend of $56 million, the fifth film in the MI franchise is at a solid $121 million worldwide after one frame.

South Korea topped all territories with $17.1 million from 1,201 locations. That’s the biggest opening ever for a Tom Cruise film in Korea and 48% ahead of Ghost Protocol. The UK/Ireland scored $8.7 million for its biggest opening in the MI franchise. Mexico more than doubled Ghost Protocol’s opening with $5.1 million at 680 locations. Taiwan ($5.0M), Australia ($3.9M), Malaysia ($2.7M), and Hong Kong ($2.6) all opened well above Ghost Protocol. Twenty-five markets will release in the coming weeks with all eyes on China opening September 8.
Who needs Bond when we have M:I? If Jim Phelps being the bad guy still bother anyone, then you should be glad that Phelps is not Peter Graves.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

How was mi5 fbf?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fan reaction when Cr-egg is fired in 2030 by Eon: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I will see MI:5 this Saturday night in NYC.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Aug. 14 in the United States. Probably Aug. 13 at IMAX theaters.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Here's an interview with Daniel Pemberton, who scored The Man From UNCLE movie. He talks about how Guy Ritchie wanted a sound that's different than James Bond films. The composer provides an interesting analysis of what makes a Bond film score and what he did with UNCLE.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... 007-sound/
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Aug. 14 in the United States. Probably Aug. 13 at IMAX theaters.
YES! It is upon us in just two weeks!
I don't think Mission Impossible will impact it all that much, it's out already and in two weeks it won't be doing what it's doing now. And I think people who like the genre will go see BOTH movies, not ditch one for the other.
Napoleon Solo wrote:Here's an interview with Daniel Pemberton, who scored The Man From UNCLE movie. He talks about how Guy Ritchie wanted a sound that's different than James Bond films. The composer provides an interesting analysis of what makes a Bond film score and what he did with UNCLE.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... 007-sound/
NICE! There was a fantastic interview with Ritchie on Io Donna (weekly for Corriere della Sera here, for us women LOL, fashion and all that and of course the Man from U.N.C.L.E. was in there). I did report the most salient parts, and yeah they made mention of the music, too. This completes the picture. Thank you! :mrgreen:

And I am CERTAIN that this movie is going to be great and won't include lines such as
Spoiler
"you shouldn't stare." "you shouldn't look like that."
GOD HELP ME.
I wish this wasn't an actual quote, but it is.
"Are we on coms?"
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:How was mi5 fbf?

If I must say, M:I is improving since 3.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I think the UNCLE soundtrack is going to rock. The music in trailers is awesome with capital a. He mentioned Ennio Morriconne as one of the influences. I love him.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

As a fan of the "spy sound", I think it's a shame that the original theme won't feature more prominently, but I can see why Guy Ritchie would want to avoid it. It would be a bit too obvious for a spy thriller set in the '60s to have that brassy, faux-Barry sound