The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Alessandra »

Veronica wrote:I laughed at that attempt to do a one-liner. Something about "over-due holiday". I didn't laugh because it was actually funny,I laughed because Craig so obviously can't do one-liners. :lol:
Besides that,Belluci's delivery seems to be wooden.
IT ALWAYS is re: Bellucci. She cannot act, period. Never could. She's absolutely beautiful, but that is it. LOL

HELLO Darlings!!
I have had three weeks from HELL with work but now the reward is coming: THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And of course, that PATHETIC Spectre trailer was another reward, in that ONCE AGAIN, we were proven right.
And those trying to tell me the script was revised can go kick rocks. LMAO! We told them, and I said some of the leaks were as late as NOVEMBER so clearly NOTHING was changed because they were already filming... but people kept insisting in their stupid delusions. We know exactly what this movie is going to be: UTTER C.R.A.P!
I just laugh at this point, it's not worth it to do anything else. I'll enjoy my new Bond franchise and come back to this one only if and when it's turned upside down, as in goes back to the original classic formula with a CLASSIC HANDSOME BOND. Not "oh he's that special kind of handsom". NO. THE CLASSICALLY VERY GOOD LOOKING MAN... tall, dark, lean, blue eyes, smile that kills. Until then, Henry Cavill as Napoleon Solo is my Bond.
"Are we on coms?"
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Alessandra wrote:
Veronica wrote:I laughed at that attempt to do a one-liner. Something about "over-due holiday". I didn't laugh because it was actually funny,I laughed because Craig so obviously can't do one-liners. :lol:
Besides that,Belluci's delivery seems to be wooden.
IT ALWAYS is re: Bellucci. She cannot act, period. Never could. She's absolutely beautiful, but that is it. LOL

HELLO Darlings!!
I have had three weeks from HELL with work but now the reward is coming: THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And of course, that PATHETIC Spectre trailer was another reward, in that ONCE AGAIN, we were proven right.
And those trying to tell me the script was revised can go kick rocks. LMAO! We told them, and I said some of the leaks were as late as NOVEMBER so clearly NOTHING was changed because they were already filming... but people kept insisting in their stupid delusions. We know exactly what this movie is going to be: UTTER C.R.A.P!
I just laugh at this point, it's not worth it to do anything else. I'll enjoy my new Bond franchise and come back to this one only if and when it's turned upside down, as in goes back to the original classic formula with a CLASSIC HANDSOME BOND. Not "oh he's that special kind of handsom". NO. THE CLASSICALLY VERY GOOD LOOKING MAN... tall, dark, lean, blue eyes, smile that kills. Until then, Henry Cavill as Napoleon Solo is my Bond.

Great to hear from you Ale!! Not so long ago there was a Bond marathon on TV and my mum and I watched a couple of movies together and once she comented:"Oh,those days when Bond was actually handsome." I KID YOU NOT. :lol:
As for Belluci's acting abilities I really can not comment on that. The only movie I've seen her in is "Malena" and there she says three words. Her role in that movie was to be pretty which I have a feeling is her role in every movie.
Seydoux,on the other hand,is a good actress so I am kind of curious how she will inhabit this role. I am just hoping it won't be another Vesper Lynd in the Eva Green way.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Ale, you have to get rid of Broccoli to return to normalcy. Imagine if this reincanated Blofeld is in love with Cr-egg's Bond? :shock: FBF, even Ale is done with the franchise as long as it remains under this current regime. MI:5 awaits :!:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Kristatos wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Maybe because I was watching it the first time around, halfheartedly. But I didnt pick up on the OHMSS theme in the Spectre trailer. I just watched it again, and I can not believe that they actually did that.
The whole thing continues the Craig-era habit of plundering earlier, better Bond films whilst simultaneously telling us how s**t they were and that we were all idiots for having enjoyed them. I was at my parents' house the other day, and I saw an article in one of their newspapers showing publicity shots from SPECTRE side-by-side with almost identical shots from classic Bond films. It's also partly set in an exclusive clinic in the Alps and closes with...well, I'm not going to say, as I plan to make my feelings *very* clear in the final chapter of the unofficial novelisation, assuming that it's me who writes it.
I think I know how Spectre will end. I haven't been following the production of the film, but I have picked up on some details.
Spoiler
I think it will end like a past Bond... a past 1960's Bond... made in 1969.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

One of the last things Craig's Bond needs is a holiday. But yes, the "great actor" that is Craig can't deliver most of his one-liners worth a d@mn. Despite always being made fun of for his acting, Moore could not only make the cheesiest jokes work, but could also elevate the weaker scripts.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
One of the last things Craig's Bond needs is a holiday. But yes, the "great actor" that is Craig can't deliver most of his one-liners worth a d@mn. Despite always being made fun of for his acting, Moore could not only make the cheesiest jokes work, but could also elevate the weaker scripts.

The "incredible acting talent" of Craig that Babs keeps gushing about is probably in some rabbit hole. Seriously,I don't see it. I find him to be totally inexpressive. And seriously,you could probably give Moore THE WORST JOKE EVER and that would still come off as decent-at-worst from his mouth. But not only he was at ease wth one-liners but he aso could pull off more serious moments. I always remember that scene in TSWLM when Anya asks him if he killed her lover and then he goes on and finishes with "An answer to your question is yes-I did kill him."
It will never be clear to me why he says he never was never a good actor. And he goes saying how he had luck and looks. True,but then again every actor that made something of himself HAS LUCK.Talent is not enough.Let's not begin how much of luck Craig has. Moore himself said he would have liked to be remembered as a great actor rather than a great hearthrob. But,his charm was exactly the thing that made him a great actor.I always remember this comment how "charm that Roger Moore has when he is 150 and with one leg in his grave eats Craig any time". To make clear,that person didn't say how Moore is with one leg in his grave or anything,she/he was just making a point.
And I really admire Sir Roger for his UNICEF work.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:

The "incredible acting talent" of Craig that Babs keeps gushing about is probably in some rabbit hole. Seriously,I don't see it. I find him to be totally inexpressive. And seriously,you could probably give Moore THE WORST JOKE EVER and that would still come off as decent-at-worst from his mouth. But not only he was at ease wth one-liners but he aso could pull off more serious moments. I always remember that scene in TSWLM when Anya asks him if he killed her lover and then he goes on and finishes with "An answer to your question is yes-I did kill him."
It will never be clear to me why he says he never was never a good actor. And he goes saying how he had luck and looks. True,but then again every actor that made something of himself HAS LUCK.Talent is not enough.Let's not begin how much of luck Craig has. Moore himself said he would have liked to be remembered as a great actor rather than a great hearthrob. But,his charm was exactly the thing that made him a great actor.I always remember this comment how "charm that Roger Moore has when he is 150 and with one leg in his grave eats Craig any time". To make clear,that person didn't say how Moore is with one leg in his grave or anything,she/he was just making a point.
While I appreciate the fact that Moore isn't arrogant, he can be rather harsh on himself at times. I think he's more talented than what he gets credit for, and his charm and humour are the qualities that make him so appealing. Even some fans who don't care for Moore as Bond, still admit that he is their favourite Bond actor because of his personality.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:

While I appreciate the fact that Moore isn't arrogant, he can be rather harsh on himself at times. I think he's more talented than what he gets credit for, and his charm and humour are the qualities that make him so appealing. Even some fans who don't care for Moore as Bond, still admit that he is their favourite Bond actor because of his personality.

I agree.Out of them all Moore seems the nicest one and he is a great ambassador for the franchise.A favorite Bond and the best Bond sometimes aren't the one and the same.For example my mom's favorite is Moore but she says the best is Connery.Nowadays,whenever someone is a "serious" actor he/she is immediately a better one."Serious" movies are immediately more praised than comedies and IMO to make a truly great comedy is extremely hard.
Moore is nice to the point where he even contradicts himself.He said how Bond is fantasy that is "not meant to be imitated in real life" but now he says Craig is the best Bond and praises his "physicality" and says how he was not like that or sth.I don't know if he really began to think so after he said that according to the Internet he is the worst Bond and "generally hated" or if he gets a nice paycheck from EON to say that.First,no he is not "generally hated".The majority of Moore's bashers(thats what I think anyway) are,of course,lovely Craig fans.Whether he is the worst or not is a matter of opinion.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Fan reaction to the announcement that Barbara Broccoli wants Cr-egg's Bond to end the series in 2030 by dying having sex with her in her only Bond film cameo appearance of the entire series: Image
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica wrote:I agree.Out of them all Moore seems the nicest one and he is a great ambassador for the franchise.A favorite Bond and the best Bond sometimes aren't the one and the same.For example my mom's favorite is Moore but she says the best is Connery.Nowadays,whenever someone is a "serious" actor he/she is immediately a better one."Serious" movies are immediately more praised than comedies and IMO to make a truly great comedy is extremely hard.
Moore is nice to the point where he even contradicts himself.He said how Bond is fantasy that is "not meant to be imitated in real life" but now he says Craig is the best Bond and praises his "physicality" and says how he was not like that or sth.I don't know if he really began to think so after he said that according to the Internet he is the worst Bond and "generally hated" or if he gets a nice paycheck from EON to say that.First,no he is not "generally hated".The majority of Moore's bashers(thats what I think anyway) are,of course,lovely Craig fans.Whether he is the worst or not is a matter of opinion.
Comedy can be more difficult to pull off than drama. I can't stand the mentality of how it's wrong to be lighthearted, but it's perfectly fine to be overly serious. Not only do serious Bond films get more praise, but their flaws tend to get ignored

No matter what his haters think, Moore was a very successful and popular Bond, and he strongly competed with Connery's Bond in a rivalry that still goes on even now. I recall reading that Moore was voted best Bond in the Academy Awards poll I think in 2004 and 2008.

Anyways, I saw this edited Spectre trailer video on another Bond forum that some of the Brosnan fans here might enjoy:

[video][/video]
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I recall one interview with Connery from 1983 and this interviewer said how in one poll 62% percent of men and 56% percent of women prefered Sean over Moore. That means only a little over half of women actully prefered Sean over Moore. Not bad. I mean in all my life I only saw one poll that Sean didn't top as the best Bond so...
As for the edited Spectre video...
" you know who links then all?" *laughs* its like "yeah,me because I am James f**king Bond" or "what kind of a plot line is this?" Choose what suits you more.
"Why should I trust you?"
"You are a nuclear scientist,you tell me." :lol: so,even Bond can't think of a reason ehy she should trust him. :lol:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Maybe because I was watching it the first time around, halfheartedly. But I didnt pick up on the OHMSS theme in the Spectre trailer. I just watched it again, and I can not believe that they actually did that.
The whole thing continues the Craig-era habit of plundering earlier, better Bond films whilst simultaneously telling us how s**t they were and that we were all idiots for having enjoyed them. I was at my parents' house the other day, and I saw an article in one of their newspapers showing publicity shots from SPECTRE side-by-side with almost identical shots from classic Bond films. It's also partly set in an exclusive clinic in the Alps and closes with...well, I'm not going to say, as I plan to make my feelings *very* clear in the final chapter of the unofficial novelisation, assuming that it's me who writes it.
I think I know how Spectre will end. I haven't been following the production of the film, but I have picked up on some details.
Spoiler
I would not be surprised.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Fakhrul
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, The Spy Who Loved Me, The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies,
Favorite Movies: Kung Pow, Every Batman films, Superman I, Spiderman I and II

Post by Fakhrul »

Seriously, if they think four movie is necessary to build Craig's Bond, then they really, really out of their mind.
In the next film, Craig would be 49 minimum, and he's visibly aged the worst to other Bond, no, average man. If they think they can pull a Roger Moore and played him until he's 59, then Barbara has worse taste and common sense than any human being i've ever known.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
Kris, I couldn't have said it better myself! You get my vote for last chapter, I can't wait to read it!

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Spoiler
As bad as that ending would be, it would be a lot better than the one they have planned in the leaked story outline they're using!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

The Saint 007 wrote: No matter what his haters think, Moore was a very successful and popular Bond, and he strongly competed with Connery's Bond in a rivalry that still goes on even now. I recall reading that Moore was voted best Bond in the Academy Awards poll I think in 2004 and 2008.
In the 1980s among "real" Bond fans Roger Moore certainly wasn't hated, but his films were seen as having too much comedy and not being original enough. The consensus was that Moore could have been a more serious 007 given the right material, and his films could have been more like the 1960s classics. But all this was blamed on the producers.

Of course Moore was very popular among mainstream audiences though. Some "real" Bond fans probably preferred Moore even.

Personally I wasn't a huge fan of Moore, but I've always regarded Moonraker as one of the best post-1960s Bond films. I really like Moore's performance in this one also. It's an underrated film really.

To me the 1960s atmosphere and vintage feel is very important most of the time, that's one reason I prefer the early films, not just that they're more serious and have Connery as Bond.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

The Saint 007 wrote:
SO so true. And what a true actor and class act does.
"Are we on coms?"
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think there could be a point about Moore making weaker scripts work.

I think Dalton and brosnan did too but Moore got some particularity weak scripts that he pulled off. Moore didn't get a frwl, ohmss, ltk, ge. Each of the bonds got at least one movie that they shine in, even their detractor s say is ok . Moore has a few people who like his bond point out but those movie do not seem to be as accepted as the other bonds.
I'm not trying to put Moore down I think he didn't have a fair chance judging by daf, the fact he enjoyed as much success is a testament to his ability to pull it off despite the handicap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Moore didn't get a frwl, ohmss, ltk, ge. Each of the bonds got at least one movie that they shine in, even their detractor s say is ok .
I would say that FYEO falls into that category.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I think TSWLM is Moore's Goldfinger. Its usually said that those films are pinnacles of each actor.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Omega wrote:I think there could be a point about Moore making weaker scripts work.

I think Dalton and brosnan did too but Moore got some particularity weak scripts that he pulled off. Moore didn't get a frwl, ohmss, ltk, ge. Each of the bonds got at least one movie that they shine in, even their detractor s say is ok . Moore has a few people who like his bond point out but those movie do not seem to be as accepted as the other bonds.
I'm not trying to put Moore down I think he didn't have a fair chance judging by daf, the fact he enjoyed as much success is a testament to his ability to pull it off despite the handicap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only are Moore's most highly rated Bond films, although Live And Let Die also seems to get a decent amount of praise from fans as well. While his other Bond films get mixed reviews, there's still plenty of people who appreciate them. The Moore era isn't perfect, but the combination of Moore's charming and humorous nature along with qualities like cool soundtracks, characters, action/stunts, set pieces, etc., all just seemed to work and made his films very enjoyable and entertaining, in my opinion.