The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Stop being so skeptical and believe in our own Ale :!: :yay:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

If this is a "worried about being sued" thing..I mean, it is an ACKNLOWEDGED thing that Craig is a cheat. :roll:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I trust what Ale says. I can't think of one time where shat she said was a fact wasn't.

But while I believe it's true it's still a rumor, even if it makes a world of sense.
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:If this is a "worried about being sued" thing..I mean, it is an ACKNLOWEDGED thing that Craig is a cheat. :roll:
But this is wayy worse. This is not meeting on set and happening to screw around. This is Craig saying I refuse to work until you hire me a woman who will sleep with me. This is that actress being hired not for her skill as an actress but for her willingness to cater to Craig's desires.

This is making a prostitute out of a woman by a entertainment company run by a supposedly enlightened woman trying to make up for the past sins against women by her father and Ian Fleming..
It is old Hollywood and supposed to be rooted out by the new enlightened people who took over. Has to break international and local law too. Should of been too big a bridge for the Broccoli's to cross, they should of told Craig to forget it or they would fire him as publicly as possible.

reality is in Hollywood the "casting couch" probably not uncommon even today, and unless one of the women speak up about it and say Craig is Bill Cosby without the pills we will never know the truth of it.

But if this is true (accepting it's a rumor at this point) eventually a tell all book will come out, and Ms Broccoli will have her reputation tarnished after the fact like all those other politicians and actors who fall form grace.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm inclined to believe it too. I would just feel happier if it had been reported by more than one source. But to be honest, it's getting harder and harder to "trust but verify". Journalists have got so lazy and there are so many fake news sites springing up, some of which have fooled supposedly reputable media outlets, that something could be all over the web and still be untrue. Remember the story about Paul Krugman filing for bankruptcy? Or the one about Ann Coulter refusing to board a plane with an African-American pilot? Both were widely reported, and both originated on a site called The Daily Currant, which bills itself as "satire", but that just seems to be a cover designed to give them a legal defence for publishing flat-out lies. Even the New York Times, once regarded as unimpeachable, has had its credibility badly damaged by the likes of Jayson Blair and Judith Miller. That's why I'm not willing to go any further than saying "it's probably true".
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

bjmdds wrote:Stop being so skeptical and believe in our own Ale :!: :yay:
I can't blindly believe it, as I don't have a grudge against Craig. The press will make make up any old story, then again, I don't know what happens on set. I don't follow the filming as closely as I used to, so I don't know what has been going on.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Stop being so skeptical and believe in our own Ale :!: :yay:
I can't blindly believe it, as I don't have a grudge against Craig.
You shouldn't blindly believe anything, that's my point. The balance of evidence seems to point to the story being true, but that's not the same thing.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

It's utterly outrageous if it is true. I know Craig fancies himself as Steve McQueen Mk2, who was famous for this kind of behaviour, but this is taking it a little far isn't it.

It is an insight into a dark and nasty industry if this kind of thing does go on. And also makes you wonder how many other big Hollywood star actors are playing the same game. It is, as Omega rightly said, nothing short of prostitution..... :shock:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Don't get me wrong, I hope this isn't true. Sure I don't like Craig as Bond, but I wouldn't wish any negativity of this kind on the series (in case it should destroy the series, I would like to see Bond. continue). But it wouldn't exactly be the first scandal in the business...

http://www.alternet.org/sex-amp-relatio ... od-history

Not sure what they put Mitchum's scandal on the list, as that didn't involve sex.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

Guess who's replaced Cavill as the title character in Stratton...?

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/domin ... 201536838/

So now I don't need to see Cooper as Bond.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I can't believe Daniel Craig is a Bill Cosbyesque character.

Although a translator on Spectre thinks Craig is an "asshole":

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/07/09/ ... in-spectre
A few weeks ago, some hapless young man who’d got himself a job as a translator on the Morocco set of SPECTRE posted a photo of Daniel Craig’s back on Instagram, along with the subtle hashtag #actorsareassholes.
Also Craig is going to wear a white dinner jacket which should provide a few laughs.
Bring back Bond!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

The Sweeney wrote:It's utterly outrageous if it is true. I know Craig fancies himself as Steve McQueen Mk2, who was famous for this kind of behaviour, but this is taking it a little far isn't it.

It is an insight into a dark and nasty industry if this kind of thing does go on. And also makes you wonder how many other big Hollywood star actors are playing the same game. It is, as Omega rightly said, nothing short of prostitution..... :shock:
Does he believe he is McQueen 2.0? I know they went to great lengths to model Daniel after him I never thought once Daniel believed the hype.

Sounds like deplorable behaviour on set for his part, nobody is irreplaceable in Bond I think Timothy and Pierce understood this. I wonder if EON began the casting rumours to try to put Daniel back on the straight and narrow.

I do not believe this will ever be proved, if he even had an affair with this woman. Even if he did they can brush it off as two consenting adults. However I remember other rumours about starlets not too long ago. Nothing associated with Bond mind you.

It this is what is happening on set it sounds like it is time for Daniel to go regardless of how we feel about him. I can't imagine the headaches he has caused forgetting about his er... shall we say alleged casting requirements, the machine of Bond has to go on. It was not bigger than Pierce, it was not bigger than George Lazenby, which is what this reminds me of.

I'll chock this up to another rumour I believe is true or based in reality. Like Daniel's Ex charging a million USD on his credit cards when he dumped her cold.

However if someone has a cell phone video of this and it leaks, and the language is explicit leaving no room for doubt kiss a number of people goodbye including Barbara's precious Craig.

I also take this to mean she is not as hung up on him in private as she appears to be in front of the press.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Jurassic World claimed second place yesterday with $3.76 million, down 37 percent from last Wednesday. With a monstrous $569.3 million in the bank through 27 days of release, the film remains ahead of the pace of Marvel's The Avengers by 7.5 percent.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: I still wish I'd heard about it before I wrote an earlier chapter of the unofficial novelisation, though.
By all means add it to the discussion thread as a "lost chapter" I'd for one love to tread it!
Well, being in possession of certain...additional information makes me want to go back and rewrite the whole thing from scratch. But it's hard enough to find the time to write new chapters. Mr White's death scene was so overripe that the parody practically wrote itself. I don't know that the rest of the film will make it that easy.

Regarding these latest revelations, if a hunch I have is correct, I may be able to work them into future chapters without the need to go back. I will have to do a little more digging.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I seriously doubt that Craig is up to Cosby levels of awfulness.But the casting couch stuff is(if it become widespread knowledge) is the sort of thing that will make people side eye him. :twisted:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

carl stromberg wrote:I can't believe Daniel Craig is a Bill Cosbyesque character.

Although a translator on Spectre thinks Craig is an "asshole":

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/07/09/ ... in-spectre
A few weeks ago, some hapless young man who’d got himself a job as a translator on the Morocco set of SPECTRE posted a photo of Daniel Craig’s back on Instagram, along with the subtle hashtag #actorsareassholes.
Also Craig is going to wear a white dinner jacket which should provide a few laughs.
"Blessed with Craig's fifth instalment..." blessed isn't exactly the word I would use but oh well...
It's amazing how much the PR is trying about the movie. The Instagram account is deleted? Cause of one bloody picture? And I presume the poor guy got fired...presumably NOT dead.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote: Ale,God bless you! Seriously,this is beyond moronic. This is like a harem institution. And Lea Seydoux acctually AGREED go that?! And I thought she was smart. Its funny how it says "acting talent" is secondary when infact she is way more talented actress than Belucci. they should ALL be fired and by all I mean Craig and moronic EON. Seriously?
Did Lea agree to that because being in a Bond movie would raise her profile? That's the only explanation I have. I mean she was the one who fought around with Kechiche because of explicit sex scenes in "Blue is the warmest color".
I actually don't think it was Seydoux. I think the "new role" was actually Estrella, played by Stephanie Sigman. There is an Estrella in the shooting script, but
Spoiler
it is a much smaller role than Madeline Swann, which makes it more likely to have been added in later, although it didn't feel shoehorned in. In fact, the film follows the classic "three girl" Bond formula, with Estrella being the one who gets seduced by Bond in the opening scenes and is never heard from again (later in the film, there is a scene where Moneypenny visits Bond in his flat and hears a voice coming from the bedroom saying "Come back to bed, James", but the script doesn't state whether this is Estrella or not).
(I doubt anybody here will object to SPECTRE spoilers, but i used spoiler tags just in case.

Looking at Sigman's IMDb filmography, it's all been Mexican film and TV up to this point. This is her first role in a Hollywood movie, whereas Seydoux has been in things like The Grand Budapest Hotel. That would make Sigman more likely than Seydoux to need the casting couch, I would submit. But of course this is all supposition on my part.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote: Ale,God bless you! Seriously,this is beyond moronic. This is like a harem institution. And Lea Seydoux acctually AGREED go that?! And I thought she was smart. Its funny how it says "acting talent" is secondary when infact she is way more talented actress than Belucci. they should ALL be fired and by all I mean Craig and moronic EON. Seriously?
Did Lea agree to that because being in a Bond movie would raise her profile? That's the only explanation I have. I mean she was the one who fought around with Kechiche because of explicit sex scenes in "Blue is the warmest color".
I actually don't think it was Seydoux. I think the "new role" was actually Estrella, played by Stephanie Sigman. There is an Estrella in the shooting script, but
Spoiler
it is a much smaller role than Madeline Swann, which makes it more likely to have been added in later, although it didn't feel shoehorned in. In fact, the film follows the classic "three girl" Bond formula, with Estrella being the one who gets seduced by Bond in the opening scenes and is never heard from again (later in the film, there is a scene where Moneypenny visits Bond in his flat and hears a voice coming from the bedroom saying "Come back to bed, James", but the script doesn't state whether this is Estrella or not).
(I doubt anybody here will object to SPECTRE spoilers, but i used spoiler tags just in case.

Looking at Sigman's IMDb filmography, it's all been Mexican film and TV up to this point. This is her first role in a Hollywood movie, whereas Seydoux has been in things like The Grand Budapest Hotel. That would make Sigman more likely than Seydoux to need the casting couch, I would submit. But of course this is all supposition on my part.

Oh,I totally forgot about Sigman and her role! Yep,this is much more likely I think you are right! I thought its about Seydoux because I tottaly forgot about this Mexican actress. Yeah infact its way more logical if its about her. Since Lea is a well known actress and one of the few Franch actresses that are known outside of France. Still being in a Bond movie is a boost for any actress(and sometimes the downfall)
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Lea Seydoux on her character:"She's strong but she's like (James) Bond in a way. She's strong and she's very sensitive. She's very fragile and I think that Bond is the same way so she became more masculine and I think "Bond is more feminine". I think (James Bond) brings something very modern because he has this duality and I think that's what we like to see; more like tortured."............this is why Cr-egg's era is a disgrace and the feminization of Bond by Broccoli MUST end :!:
But yet the Craig fanatics continue to make fun of Moore and Brosnan as being too effeminate. :roll:

I always like how these actresses talk about the strong/independent Bond girl as if it was something new, when it's already been done in the past.

You could infact make an argument that we got a strong woman with the very first Bond girl-Honey Ryder. She went throught this trauma,got a revenge on the prick who assaulted her and she is collecting shells and her father is pressumably murdered by Dr.No. but she keeps her head up. And yet she comes off as being almost childlike and fragile and yet when Bond says how they should let her go because she has nothing to do with the whole thing she fiercly says "No! I am staying with you!"
Every time when I hear yet another "a different Bond girl" line I laugh. It literally became ridiculous. The whole "Bond's equal" that went up to eleven with Jinx(*sigh*) in DAD is riduculous as well. Fiona Volpe was cunning,always dignified and kept her cool and used her seductive charms-doesn't that make her a Bond equal? I would think so. The whole Bond's equal thing began with Triple X and then continued in Brosnan era with Wai Lin and Jinx. And IMO the one Brosnan movie that didn't have a Bond girl that "kicked ass" came a lot a lot closer to having a strong female figure that actually had some impact-I will argue she is the most important person in the movie.
I feel that those Bond's equal roles(that got a big push with a phrase "Bond's equal") are actually underwritten and are there to please feminists.
The glaring example of this being Jinx in DAD.I mean,she was constantly pushed as Bond's equal and yet-Miranda Frost,also an agent was far more of a Bonds equal and was also far more important to the plot than Jinx.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Like practically everyone here, I may hate craig as bond but I really hope the rumor isn't true.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)