The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Goldeneye wrote:
Reads like a bad 70's PSA.
"We're equals, aren't we, Bond?"
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Look, I dislike Craig as much as any normal person who thinks he isn't the right choice for Bond, would. But I wasn't there to witness this, not that I would want to be there to see it, so you'll have to forgive me for remaining skeptical either way.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Alessandra wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:WOW!

Faked his injury twice, demanded they hire some who will sleep with him and fire someone who wouldn't! No wonder the Bond casting rumors are wild.

Connery slept with some of his co-stars, DAF most notable, I don't believe he threaten to fire or hire based on if they would sleep with him.

Reads like a bad 70's PSA.
It does. Connery didn't have co stars hired or fired based on whether they would or wouldn't sleep with him, exactly. While he sure made a pass at them, women DID throw themselves at him, which thing they do NOT do with Craig. And the above shows it, LOL.

This does explain a LOT to those of us who follow Bond closely... it truly does. And you're right, Goldeneye, it reads like a bad 70s PSA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all know Babs would give Daniel anything he wants, including herself :lol: :lol: So he gets the new co star out of the blue (whom we ALL wondered about, and boy does this explain!) because well, he needs someone who won't rebuff his advances, unlike Bellucci. Stima per la Bellucci per la prima volta in vita mia :lol: :lol: (that means I have esteem for Bellucci for the first time in my life!)
Ale,God bless you! Seriously,this is beyond moronic. This is like a harem institution. And Lea Seydoux acctually AGREED go that?! And I thought she was smart. Its funny how it says "acting talent" is secondary when infact she is way more talented actress than Belucci. they should ALL be fired and by all I mean Craig and moronic EON. Seriously?
Did Lea agree to that because being in a Bond movie would raise her profile? That's the only explanation I have. I mean she was the one who fought around with Kechiche because of explicit sex scenes in "Blue is the warmest color".
So Craig likes to sleep with his co stars? And he just MUST do that with every co-star per film? And EON actually is a part of it all? SERIOUSLY?!SICK!I wonder how Barbara is taking all that.
I mean I know that there are probably a lot of co-stars who take into liking each other and hook up during the filming and we know Lazenby slept with every girl except Diana during the film-he said it himself. And Connery hooked with Lana Wood during the DAF filming and there are rumors he had an affair with Claudine Auger.
And I wouldn't be surpised at all if he had an affair with any of his other co-stars.And we could probably make guesses about Moore,Dalton and Brosnan.(Although perhaps that kind of thing isn't Dalton's style-just the impression I got).
But this?! Some always mention the case of Sophia Coppola as a example for nepotism but this is an prime example if there ever was one. Such amount of unproffesionalism is sickening-really.
And is this going public by the way? It should.
And good for Belucci! Who knows,maybe she is still sad about not getting a chance to smooch Brosnan back in 1997. :lol: :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Look, I dislike Craig as much as any normal person who thinks he isn't the right choice for Bond, would. But I wasn't there to witness this, not that I would want to be there to see it, so you'll have to forgive me for remaining skeptical either way.
You are wise to be skeptical. It's rarely a good idea to believe every unsubstantiated rumour you read on the Internet. I still wish I'd heard about it before I wrote an earlier chapter of the unofficial novelisation, though.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: I still wish I'd heard about it before I wrote an earlier chapter of the unofficial novelisation, though.
By all means add it to the discussion thread as a "lost chapter" I'd for one love to tread it!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Saw 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' earlier. d**n, Colin Firth could have been Bond material.

Altogether now "Manners... maketh... man." 8)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Saw 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' earlier. d**n, Colin Firth could have been Bond material.

I never thought of him or Jack Davenport that way and now I do. Also Mark Hamill was great.

Comeon EON you got to get Sam Jackson as a villain it not like he'll say no! After all he is in practically everything.

Interesting in the Best of Bond Mag I got a few weeks ago it said Anthony Hopkins was on the set first days of TND and walked off because it was such a mess, no script, no plan. Never heard that story before. I always heard he was offered and turned it down to do Zorro.
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Look, I dislike Craig as much as any normal person who thinks he isn't the right choice for Bond, would. But I wasn't there to witness this, not that I would want to be there to see it, so you'll have to forgive me for remaining skeptical either way.
I wouldnot go to print with this but it makes senses with the late minute casting.

Back when Dalton was bond he dated Barbra Broccoli, Brosnan I'm not sure if he cheat on his dead wife or the woman who is now his wife. Lazenby and Connery were living the 60s to the max. Moore, I really don't have a clue he seems like too much a gentleman, while Connery has the rep for it (gentleman and a player) like he said in Highlander
Hmm. With heart, faith, and steel.

In the end, there can be only one.

very dangerous for you.

Well, I was very much in love...

with her, my dear.

She was the only thing on my mind.

So, holding the rose in my teeth...

I climbed up on the rooftop, lowered a rope...

and swung in through the open window.

Unfortunately, the lady was no longer there.

What did you do?

I introduced myself...

to the lady that was there.

She was most helpful.

Would you like some more wine?

Yes, please.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Jurassic world and Inside out take it for a win! Terminator limps behind.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

Omega wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Saw 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' earlier. d**n, Colin Firth could have been Bond material.

I never thought of him or Jack Davenport that way and now I do. Also Mark Hamill was great.

Comeon EON you got to get Sam Jackson as a villain it not like he'll say no! After all he is in practically everything.

Interesting in the Best of Bond Mag I got a few weeks ago it said Anthony Hopkins was on the set first days of TND and walked off because it was such a mess, no script, no plan. Never heard that story before. I always heard he was offered and turned it down to do Zorro.

Re Davenport - When he turned around with his gun held up, I would not have been taken out of the film if he had said "Bond, James Bond".

Re Hopkins -Yes, i've heard that before. TND is one of my favourite Bonds. But to begin filming, and still be working on the script is ridiculous.

Omega wrote:Back when Dalton was bond he dated Barbra Broccoli, Brosnan I'm not sure if he cheat on his dead wife or the woman who is now his wife. Lazenby and Connery were living the 60s to the max. Moore, I really don't have a clue he seems like too much a gentleman, while Connery has the rep for it (gentleman and a player) like he said in Highlander
Hmm. With heart, faith, and steel.

In the end, there can be only one.

very dangerous for you.

Well, I was very much in love...

with her, my dear.

She was the only thing on my mind.

So, holding the rose in my teeth...

I climbed up on the rooftop, lowered a rope...

and swung in through the open window.

Unfortunately, the lady was no longer there.

What did you do?

I introduced myself...

to the lady that was there.

She was most helpful.

Would you like some more wine?

Yes, please.
You make a good point, there.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Universal is also reporting that Jurassic World will pass $550M in domestic grosses this weekend. Adding another milestone to its marble bag of records that's the fastest—in 24 days—any film has reached the $550M mark. World added $42M in overseas coin, raising its international total to $826.9M. Combined with domestic that total makes Jurassic World the fifth highest grossing film worldwide of all time with $1.385B in global grosses, just passing Avengers: Age of Ultron at $1.37B.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Well, I'm not skeptical. The rumors about Daniel Craig have been our there before this..that he has trouble keeping it in his pants. :?
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Well, I'm not skeptical. The rumors about Daniel Craig have been our there before this..that he has trouble keeping it in his pants. :?
that's right there was cheating on his best friend with his fiancée

Then on his previous ...girlfriend ? he refused to marry to run off with his now wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:Well, I'm not skeptical. The rumors about Daniel Craig have been our there before this..that he has trouble keeping it in his pants. :?
It doesn't automatically make these particular rumours true. And they come from a single source, who I'd never heard of before. Skepticism doesn't mean that I don't believe them, just that I'd want to see them corroborated.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Omega wrote:Fireworks started early tonight ! :)

Hi Ale!

I was going to say I'm surprised she was not fired but I'm not if she went public she could ruin Craig , bond and eon.

And here I thought Craig was such a feminist ;) :roll:

The need to get judy dench back to yell at him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL! Honestly, I never pay gossip any attention, BUT, and this is a big but, this is a VERY well known person who is essentially always right. His track record is incredible. He always knows before others and he knows how things really go. On top of it, this very well explains the absolutely nonsensical last-minute casting. And in any case it makes me have a good laugh about the Craigster, so here I am.
AND RIGHT, isn't he SUCH a feminist? NOT! And I'm sure Dench has seen at least part of what he did, as in seen his attitude etc. Just so insulting for someone of her stature to be working with someone like him... both as a human and as an actor.
I'm not surprised by any of this, honestly, and again, it all makes SO much sense given how things went with the casting for this film, I just once again shake my head at the piss poor actor and man that DC is and keep on going.

I'm much more interested in U.N.C.L.E. and all that comes with it: A good story, told by a director and screenwriter who WANTED it to be Bondian (And the director had ZERO problem saying so), the man who is the only one who should play James Bond right now, Henry Cavill, a great co star like Armie Hammer and all the rest of the cast too, Debicki, Viklander, all of them. I just KNOW I am going to enjoy the movie and I will pretend I'm actually watching James Bond. :mrgreen:
"Are we on coms?"
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
It doesn't automatically make these particular rumours true. And they come from a single source, who I'd never heard of before. Skepticism doesn't mean that I don't believe them, just that I'd want to see them corroborated.
Ok let me explain something. The single source that you have never heard of before, is just someone YOU don't know. HE is EXTREMELY well known by heaps of people, I don't call him an "authority" in gossip for no reason... everyone in Hollywood KNOWS about him. The fact people on here have never heard about him doesn't make any difference... and it certainly doesn't make him less informed than he is. Also, it IS corroborated. Let me explain. He posted this as a BLIND ITEM (that means WITHOUT names) in March. And on July 4 he revealed it. He ONLY reveals stuff that IS corroborated. And again, NEVER had a lawsuit in his life (and he is ACTUALLY an entertainment lawyer. When a blind item is posted, revealed with names it's one of two things: the people in it have agreed to releasing it for publicity reasons of whatever kind or the evidence is such that he KNOWS he can post it because it is true, thus he risks nothing. IN this case, given it is NOT good publicity for the franchise, it is evident he had it in such detail and from such sources that he KNOWS he can safely name the names.
You are NEVER going to have stuff like this "corroborated", EVER. EON is NEVER going to admit to it, or anyone else who is involved in production for that matter, let alone Daniel Craig.
How Seydoux (Or whatever the hell her name is, I really refuse to learn it) was cast (we ALL went "what the hell is going on and why are they casting this person now" ) certainly DOES "corroborate" this version of the story. You're either in the well informed Hollywood circles or you are NEVER going to have someone else tell you "Oh yeah I know about this". THis dude always knows first.
Blatant example: the divorce between Affleck and Garner, he knew AGES before anyone else so much as hinted. And talked about it extensively. And the specific details he had now are coming to light. Except he had them... starting a year and a half ago at the very least.

Anyone who is as deep in entertainment chatter as I am for work related reasons KNOWS about this dude.
"Are we on coms?"
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

Other than having appeared in MI:Ghost Protocol what's the problem with Seydoux's casting? I, for one, didn't think "what the hell is going on and why are they casting this person now". She's a little more unconventional looking that the usual Bond Girl, but I don't have a problem with that.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The point is they obviously did not need her character in the film DT and they added her on for nefarious reasons. Don't worry Ale, others here may doubt your sources but to me you are the gospel of entertainment news :!: Just find out the real deal on Cr-egg staying on until 2020, because if it turns out to be true, we will all have a party with FBF, ending the crusade against EON for, as my prior post stated a few pages back, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER at that point.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:The point is they obviously did not need her character in the film DT and they added her on for nefarious reasons. Don't worry Ale, others here may doubt your sources but to me you are the gospel of entertainment news :!: Just find out the real deal on Cr-egg staying on until 2020, because if it turns out to be true, we will all have a party with FBF, ending the crusade against EON for, as my prior post stated a few pages back, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER at that point.
Leave EON with the idea that anybody or anything can be Bond.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Alessandra wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Ok let me explain something. The single source that you have never heard of before, is just someone YOU don't know. HE is EXTREMELY well known by heaps of people, I don't call him an "authority" in gossip for no reason... everyone in Hollywood KNOWS about him. (snip)
Anyone who is as deep in entertainment chatter as I am for work related reasons KNOWS about this dude.
Well, OK, but your assessment of him as a reliable source is based on long-term knowledge of his track record, knowledge that I didn't have. Would you be as trusting of him if this was the first time you'd heard of him? And if you wouldn't, then why should I?

Anyway, I did a little digging to try and find out more information about this guy, and the first thing I found after his own blog was this hit piece from the New York Post. Which is a Murdoch rag, so I don't trust that either. At this point, I literally have no idea who to believe.