The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

I don't get what's with theimited release thing either...
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Why make a film and know it will not be released somewhat widely? :roll:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:Why make a film and know it will not be released somewhat widely? :roll:
It's a mystery...especially since it's a movie with well known actors...
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

With a studio pic, the studio acts as its own distributor. But with an indie, production and distribution are handled by separate companies. The production company has to make the film and then try to sell it to a distributor.

I was reading an article, I think it was on Den of Geek, about how mid-budget movies are going the way of the dodo. Films are increasingly becoming divided into blockbusters and low-budget indies, with the latter having to settle for whatever screens are left over in the multiplex once all the dinosaurs, superheroes and robots have been given their three screens each.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Maybe this is the way movies are going. I've seen a few films in the last few years, that weren't theatrical, but could have been.
I've seen some good ones too, survivor with brosnan not being on of them.

There are some good limited releases that could be premium cable movies or minor Hollywood releases , I think this is a future trend because it is so expensive to distribute

George Lucas said it was very expensive when he distributed red tails, $38 million to distribute , $58 to make the movie , none of this mentions advertising cost
Btw the movie only made $50 million he would be better off direct to video and special release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

JW still could be number 1 this weekend. I will try to see it later tonight.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Will it? I tried load bo mojo to see how it looked . How Is the new terminator movie doing

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Terminator in 3rd place so far.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Will it? I tried load bo mojo to see how it looked . How Is the new terminator movie doing

Not as well as the studio was expecting, from what I understand.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Terminator Genisys has risen above Magic Mike XXL to secure third place with an estimated 3-day of $27.3M and a 5-day of $42.8M. That’s not a strong opening for a film the studio is saying cost $155M. Outside of the original 1984 Terminator, Genisys will post the lowest 3-day and 5-day figures of the franchise. Despite Terminator Genisys’ B+ CinemaScore, critics are throwing their Goobers at the screen with a 27% Rotten Tomatoes score, which is a lower than the 33% RT grade earned by the last chapter, 2009’s Terminator Salvation — which didn’t star the series’ iconic headliner Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

bjmdds wrote:Terminator Genisys has risen above Magic Mike XXL to secure third place with an estimated 3-day of $27.3M and a 5-day of $42.8M. That’s not a strong opening for a film the studio is saying cost $155M. Outside of the original 1984 Terminator, Genisys will post the lowest 3-day and 5-day figures of the franchise. Despite Terminator Genisys’ B+ CinemaScore, critics are throwing their Goobers at the screen with a 27% Rotten Tomatoes score, which is a lower than the 33% RT grade earned by the last chapter, 2009’s Terminator Salvation — which didn’t star the series’ iconic headliner Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Was it Salvation or T3 which had a cameo of Schwarzenegger with a goofy southern accent. It was only a moment but the implication was this man Sgt. whatever inspired the look of the original terminator.

The best terminator movie is T2, it can't be topped and I'm not sure about the new movie but they other have rehashed the original idea to death.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Dr. No wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Terminator Genisys has risen above Magic Mike XXL to secure third place with an estimated 3-day of $27.3M and a 5-day of $42.8M. That’s not a strong opening for a film the studio is saying cost $155M. Outside of the original 1984 Terminator, Genisys will post the lowest 3-day and 5-day figures of the franchise. Despite Terminator Genisys’ B+ CinemaScore, critics are throwing their Goobers at the screen with a 27% Rotten Tomatoes score, which is a lower than the 33% RT grade earned by the last chapter, 2009’s Terminator Salvation — which didn’t star the series’ iconic headliner Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Was it Salvation or T3 which had a cameo of Schwarzenegger with a goofy southern accent. It was only a moment but the implication was this man Sgt. whatever inspired the look of the original terminator.

The best terminator movie is T2, it can't be topped and I'm not sure about the new movie but they other have rehashed the original idea to death.
That was Terminator Salvation, which is the worst installment in the series. And John Connor is miscast in it.

I agree, they have kept recycling the historical incident of the first with Sarah Connor Chronicles, and now, a new adaptation of television series based on Terminator is on its way, plus Genesis, it's safe to say Hollywood no longer has good ideas to submit.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Glad it beat magic mike if it does nothing else it did us that favor

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Terminator franchise looks pretty washed up.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Ok forum is back up after maintenance. :007:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Happy Fourth of July!
I come bearing goodies. Now I don't know how many of you are familiar with Enty (which stands for Entertainment lawyer). He is a BIG authority in gossip (I know gossip isn't anything that goes with authority, but please bear with me :lol: :lol: ). He always knows EVERYTHING before everyone else, and he is VERY RARELY wrong.
So... one thing is when he does a blind item. But when he REVEALS IT? And tells the name of people there? Then that means it's solid information he has, so much so he can put the name out there (and never once has he been sued, mind you).

Now... today he gave us an EXCELLENT blind item revelation on the amount of ridiculous drama that surrounds the set of Spectre. And on how Mr. DC likes to sleep with his co-stars, and Monica Bellucci told him "I DO NOT THINK SO". LMAO! I give her PROPS for this. She is beautiful and she is a TERRIBLE actress, but she clearly has STANDARDS when it comes to men.

Here is the blind item revealed (The text is the blind item, at the end there's he name that Enty revealed). The blind item was published on March 11, and he revealed it today. He always knows first. LOL Now, Bellucci told Craig to go kick rocks and the one who was instead cast is Lea Seydoux obviously (whom we all just wondered about... well THIS does explain).
March 11, 2015

Largely the drama that has been unfolding on this film set has been kept under wraps. They have a great PR team and the film has been shooting overseas so it is not that easy to do much digging. Here is what was found though, with a little digging. Our star is beloved by millions as a sexy male lead. The fact that he is dumber than a box of rocks is irrelevant to his loyal fans. One thing he loves most is having sex with his co-star or someone who is at least in the opening credits and not some extra or a person with a walk on role. Our actor is married and A+ list in this particular role and probably A-/B+ in all others because he has been all miss outside of the role. Our actor thought his co-star would be open to an arrangement during filming. He has always had a crush on her. She rebuffed him though. Everyone loves her and he is just one of many to try and win her affections. He called her some nasty names and then ordered producers to find him someone who would sleep with him and to replace his co-star. They wouldn’t so our actor faked an injury. Twice. Finally the producers and our actor reached a compromise. The co-star would stay but a new role would be added. Our actor had final say over casting and the actress knows exactly why she is there and her acting talent is secondary.

Daniel Craig/Monica Belluci
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The only thing I will disagree with "loved by millions as a sexy male lead": PLEASE!! Although I guess that given the Craig fanboys talk everywhere, that may be the impression.
BUT THE "The fact he is dumber than a box of rocks is irrelevant to his loyal fans" MAKES UP FOR THE ABOVE!! I am ROLLING! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

WOW!

Faked his injury twice, demanded they hire some who will sleep with him and fire someone who wouldn't! No wonder the Bond casting rumors are wild.

Connery slept with some of his co-stars, DAF most notable, I don't believe he threaten to fire or hire based on if they would sleep with him.

Reads like a bad 70's PSA.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Goldeneye wrote:WOW!

Faked his injury twice, demanded they hire some who will sleep with him and fire someone who wouldn't! No wonder the Bond casting rumors are wild.

Connery slept with some of his co-stars, DAF most notable, I don't believe he threaten to fire or hire based on if they would sleep with him.

Reads like a bad 70's PSA.
It does. Connery didn't have co stars hired or fired based on whether they would or wouldn't sleep with him, exactly. While he sure made a pass at them, women DID throw themselves at him, which thing they do NOT do with Craig. And the above shows it, LOL.

This does explain a LOT to those of us who follow Bond closely... it truly does. And you're right, Goldeneye, it reads like a bad 70s PSA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all know Babs would give Daniel anything he wants, including herself :lol: :lol: So he gets the new co star out of the blue (whom we ALL wondered about, and boy does this explain!) because well, he needs someone who won't rebuff his advances, unlike Bellucci. Stima per la Bellucci per la prima volta in vita mia :lol: :lol: (that means I have esteem for Bellucci for the first time in my life!)
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I had this BUM pegged from day one and the way he got the role is no secret to anyone with a brain. He is a low class individual who never deserved the role..........I saw Jurassic World tonight and I found it entertaining.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Fireworks started early tonight ! :)

Hi Ale!

I was going to say I'm surprised she was not fired but I'm not if she went public she could ruin Craig , bond and eon.

And here I thought Craig was such a feminist ;) :roll:

The need to get judy dench back to yell at him