The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:Bad Bond girls

What do you think of this?
I don't really think anything, to be honest. It's a simple informational piece.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote:Bad Bond girls

What do you think of this?
I don't really think anything, to be honest. It's a simple informational piece.
Sure,but the ranking can be discussed.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

As these bad girls as in good Bond girls . Or bad as in bad acting? Bad movie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:As these bad girls as in good Bond girls . Or bad as in bad acting? Bad movie?

No,it a ranking of bad Bond girls a.k.a. the ones on a "dark side".
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

For me, craig is the BIGGEST problem in CR...not eva.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:
Omega wrote:As these bad girls as in good Bond girls . Or bad as in bad acting? Bad movie?

ah

Cigar girl is not a bad choice then. Electra king is a good too. Although Klebb probably should be first

Vesper shouldn't be on the list . For one she sucked and two she was blackmailed into it. Real bad girls pick the side they want

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:For me, craig is the BIGGEST problem in CR...not eva.

There are many other problems with CR...overral lack of Bondness,dullness,over long...but as I already wrote this is not "the worst Bond girl" list. It's basically a ranking of women on the "bad side"...and I don't know what is Vesper even doing here...and anyway you can frequently see her on the lists of best Bond girls(often on no.1 spot) so if there is a Bind girl that is overrated...
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:
Veronica wrote:

ah

Cigar girl is not a bad choice then. Electra king is a good too. Although Klebb probably should be first

Vesper shouldn't be on the list . For one she sucked and two she was blackmailed into it. Real bad girls pick the side they want

Agreed. I once saw Vesper ranked as no.2 on best villains list...something about "finishing Bond not with the gun but with a heart"...
I think Cigar girl should have been at least on no.10 instead of just gettig the honorable mention.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Personally I don't know that Cigar Girl belongs on any "Bond Girl" list at all. I mean she doesn't even have a name, let alone any lines. It would be like including the fighting gypsy girls in FRWL or the "plumbing" in YOLT, they're just a little too ancillary to the plot.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:Personally I don't know that Cigar Girl belongs on any "Bond Girl" list at all. I mean she doesn't even have a name, let alone any lines. It would be like including the fighting gypsy girls in FRWL or the "plumbing" in YOLT, they're just a little too ancillary to the plot.
you have a point . Although she was doing a job that was part of the plot and left an impression on me because of how she ended

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Jill Masterson, Domino Derval, Fiona Volpe and Xenia Onatopp cannot be surpassed. Truthfully speaking...
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

John P. Drake wrote:Jill Masterson, Domino Derval, Fiona Volpe and Xenia Onatopp cannot be surpassed. Truthfully speaking...
In the terms of what? Looks? Character? Or are those your "best Bond girls"? If we go by a "Bond girl sleeps with Bond" rule then Xenia is a henchwoman,not a Bond girl.
Fiona makes my top five for sure. In fact she is quite possibly the best thing about that movie.Along with Connery at the height of his swagger-he has sex under the water-how could you possibly beat that? Ok,when he introduces hinself in Dr.No beats it but then again-that scene beats just about anything EVER.
Iiked how Domino wore only black and while clothes and had a black-white bikini...it goes along with her name.
Ah...Jill! Who could forget that iconic scene?

My top 3 would be Honey Ryder(obvious),Elektra and Solitaire-it's Jane Seymour. No argument needed. If you have any doubts watch her "Call me Kitty Cat..Rhrrr." scene in "Wedding Crashers" and the way she says "I just had my breasts done."
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Happy 4th of July to those who partake :cheers:

I'll be doing some maintenance today so the site may go down form time to time.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Thanks bjmdds and kristatos.

Unfortunately I didn't get that job (feels like a real kick in the teeth), if anyone wants to give Me their thoughts on these backgrounds I've done please let Me know here (working on backgrounds for a videogame (unpaid at present for same people I'll do animation work with sometime.....in the future (really wish I knew when).

The colouring will come later and My brother has asked Me to move the lamp away from the lamp left away from the text (so need to make one more change), one more screen for this level and one for the boss and I can move on to the other 4 levels.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It's tough in this job market Shaken. I know people who are out of work for YEARS now and are still looking. The ONLY thing that matters in life is one's health......the rest is just secondary, so take it with a grain of salt and be patient and move on.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

bjmdds wrote:It's tough in this job market Shaken. I know people who are out of work for YEARS now and are still looking. The ONLY thing that matters in life is one's health......the rest is just secondary, so take it with a grain of salt and be patient and move on.
True and I have been unemployed for quite some time (job last year didn't offer enough (self employed) and ended up doing 20 hours for 4 hours work and getting paid peanuts), place before that in 2012, never got training, induction, uniform, place was unsafe, not enough lockers, no name badgers, no rotas (pretty much got called when I had plans and had to stop them for it), eventually after making a list of the complaints to the manager and not getting a reply period after a full week I got advice from My dea (disability employment advisor) and after putting up with it she said if it didn't work out, then just leave and sadly I had to.

Sometimes I get pretty depressed not just with jobs but life in general (especially now) and confidence, health take a real dive.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Looks like we'll be getting a some kind of a Fat Seagal release (as in VOD and something similar) and a limited theatrical release (a month later) for Pierce's upcoming rom-com.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... r-20150630
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

That surprises me, I thought that would have gone theatrical.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Me too DT. I think this film would go over well with the female audiences for sure :!: Another LIMITED release for Pierce? :shock: I don't get this at all any more. FBF, he requires IMMEDIATE new management :!:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Maybe this is the way movies are going. I've seen a few films in the last few years, that weren't theatrical, but could have been.