The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Goldeneye »

carl stromberg wrote:When CraignotBond was started its critics said it used "photoshopped pictures of Craig" to make him look awful. You don't need to photoshop pictures of him to make him look awful. Just type in Daniel Craig on Google images.

Also I will be really annoyed if people do not suggest Craig looks too old in his next film after moaning about Brosnan, Moore and Connery playing Bond when they were "too old".
The man has always looked awful. There was someone who used cuts form his films to show how odd looking Craig was, and those were touched up by the experts making the movies.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Goldeneye wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:Can't believe nobody posted this yet!

Happy Birthday Ian Fleming!!!! :happybd: :yay: :cake:
Happy 107th Birthday Mr Fleming!

My apologies for what happened to Bond. :(
Well said Goldeneye!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Goldeneye wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:When CraignotBond was started its critics said it used "photoshopped pictures of Craig" to make him look awful. You don't need to photoshop pictures of him to make him look awful. Just type in Daniel Craig on Google images.

Also I will be really annoyed if people do not suggest Craig looks too old in his next film after moaning about Brosnan, Moore and Connery playing Bond when they were "too old".
The man has always looked awful. There was someone who used cuts form his films to show how odd looking Craig was, and those were touched up by the experts making the movies.
He has one facial expression(if you could call it like that) only. He is totally inexpressive and to top it all Babs just forces this image of "more emotional guy" with him and the whole thing is just bizzare...
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image Case closed :!: :down:
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu May 28, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Looks like Pierce's new movie Survivor is just like everything he did after GE where it's either getting not so good reviews or under radar. It's great that Pierce is active as always, but like BJ said, Hollywood is slowly making him look like Fat Seagal. Someone needs to tell Tarantino to cast him in his upcoming films.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Fri May 29, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Image
I would still prefer Bale even if Affleck nails the part. As far as the Batsuit, it echoes the one featured in The Dark Knight Returns comic.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

avclub.com: Survivor: "Expect to see this tripe in the Target discount bin in no time." ...........Chris Bumbray :JoBlo's Movie Emporium May 25, 2015:A very run-of-the-mill B-grade actioner. A waste of Jovovich and Brosnan....................12 out of 12 bad reviews on Rotten Tomatoes so far.........I told you FBF, whoever his agent is should be fired. It opens tomorrow (Limited) in only ONE theatre that I could find in ALL of the 5 boroughs of NYC :!: :shock: http://www.fandango.com/amcempire25_aao ... 15&q=10010
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I don't know how often she's around anymore but I have to ask Ale if she saw that Jonathan Rhys Myers fell off the wagon? He's looking REALLY rough.

Also!One week to go 'till Hannibal(at about this time next week it'll almost be time!)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

FormerBondFan wrote:
I would still prefer Bale even if Affleck nails the part. As far as the Batsuit, it echoes the one featured in The Dark Knight Returns comic.
Better batsuit than in the TDK series...
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IAN! :yay:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:Looks like Pierce's new movie Survivor is just like everything he did after GE where it's either getting not so good reviews or under radar. It's great that Pierce is active as always, but like BJ said, Hollywood is slowly making him look like Fat Seagal. Someone needs to tell Tarantino to cast him in his upcoming films.
Somebody needs to tell something to Pierce's PR...his movies need better promotion. And yes,it would be great if Pierce would be cast in one of Tarantino movies. But really,the comparisons to Seagal? That guy is action star only while Pierce does all sorts of things...and while Pierce can act how much real acting talent Seagal has?
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Atticus wrote:
Alessandra wrote:Let's all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The day AFTER The Man From U.N.C.L.E. releases a trailer that clearly pleases a hell of a lot of people? EON and SONY release "a glimpse into the new 007 film, Spectre".

They saw how well received the trailer with Cavill and Hammer was and they RUSHED to release one the day after. If anyone thinks this is a coincidence, I will just laugh at them.

Here it goes
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/mo ... _143628377
For me, what Eon did is laughable, laughable in a pitiful way. It's that "me-too" mentality. It really emphasizes what they've struggled to do all along since Craig was cast--struggle to show they have the "true" Bond in Craig and struggle to show they've got a "true" Bond film when in fact they have none of that; and, I think, secretly they know it but can't come to terms with it, or they understand they've lost it, lost the creativity to make a Bond film, or all of these things combined. Hence, their struggle to exist. So pumping massive millions into marketing campaigns, for each new Craig Bond film, for their snow job on the masses that he's Bond is the norm for Eon. Then there are those occasional puff pieces in magazines or the web to remind the masses that Craig is the best Bond ever. Yet they never had to do such a massive PR stunt for the previous actors. Just putting those actors in tuxedos was enough to basically tell audiences that "here's Bond." With this UNCLE trailer, Eon is scrambling. Cavill isn't even playing Bond and the impression world-wide audiences are getting is that he's Bond, or he would make a good Bond, or they're asking "why isn't he Bond?"

The more I think about it, the 300-million plus production cost of Spectre was inevitable. Eon and Sony has to devote $250 million for marketing. Hey, that's what it takes to prove that their man Craig is Bond. Now here we are with this little behind-the-scenes footage, shown to the world a day after the UNCLE trailer, and it just screams desperation.

Atticus,my friend,you are 100% right on this one.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
Atticus wrote:
Alessandra wrote:Let's all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The day AFTER The Man From U.N.C.L.E. releases a trailer that clearly pleases a hell of a lot of people? EON and SONY release "a glimpse into the new 007 film, Spectre".

They saw how well received the trailer with Cavill and Hammer was and they RUSHED to release one the day after. If anyone thinks this is a coincidence, I will just laugh at them.

Here it goes
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/mo ... _143628377
For me, what Eon did is laughable, laughable in a pitiful way. It's that "me-too" mentality. It really emphasizes what they've struggled to do all along since Craig was cast--struggle to show they have the "true" Bond in Craig and struggle to show they've got a "true" Bond film when in fact they have none of that; and, I think, secretly they know it but can't come to terms with it, or they understand they've lost it, lost the creativity to make a Bond film, or all of these things combined. Hence, their struggle to exist. So pumping massive millions into marketing campaigns, for each new Craig Bond film, for their snow job on the masses that he's Bond is the norm for Eon. Then there are those occasional puff pieces in magazines or the web to remind the masses that Craig is the best Bond ever. Yet they never had to do such a massive PR stunt for the previous actors. Just putting those actors in tuxedos was enough to basically tell audiences that "here's Bond." With this UNCLE trailer, Eon is scrambling. Cavill isn't even playing Bond and the impression world-wide audiences are getting is that he's Bond, or he would make a good Bond, or they're asking "why isn't he Bond?"

The more I think about it, the 300-million plus production cost of Spectre was inevitable. Eon and Sony has to devote $250 million for marketing. Hey, that's what it takes to prove that their man Craig is Bond. Now here we are with this little behind-the-scenes footage, shown to the world a day after the UNCLE trailer, and it just screams desperation.

Atticus,my friend,you are 100% right on this one.
AGREED.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

ml94 wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Better batsuit than in the TDK series...
I don't like it. Probably looks better on set and through all the filters . If it's filmed in 3d like the hobbit then the colours might be way off in normal daylight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:avclub.com: Survivor: "Expect to see this tripe in the Target discount bin in no time." ...........Chris Bumbray :JoBlo's Movie Emporium May 25, 2015:A very run-of-the-mill B-grade actioner. A waste of Jovovich and Brosnan....................12 out of 12 bad reviews on Rotten Tomatoes so far.........I told you FBF, whoever his agent is should be fired. It opens tomorrow (Limited) in only ONE theatre that I could find in ALL of the 5 boroughs of NYC :!: :shock: http://www.fandango.com/amcempire25_aao ... 15&q=10010
I'm going to get it vod and see if it's any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:Somebody needs to tell something to Pierce's PR...his movies need better promotion.
Or Pierce's agent. Like you said Veronica, Pierce chooses what's interest him, and it's his agent who provided the options for him. Like BJ said, something needs to be dealt with his agent. And the same can be said with his PR also. I guess that might explain NM's lower gross at the box office, or maybe it was the bad word of mouth.
And yes,it would be great if Pierce would be cast in one of Tarantino movies.
Now is really the time for QT to cast Pierce in his films.
But really,the comparisons to Seagal? That guy is action star only while Pierce does all sorts of things...and while Pierce can act how much real acting talent Seagal has?
Pierce's film in VOD. Beginning of the Fat Seagal route.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Something needs to be done with Pierce's PR and agent that's for sure. Better promption...
I just read him and Neeson were named top tv pitchmen...
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Veronica wrote:Somebody needs to tell something to Pierce's PR...his movies need better promotion.
Or Pierce's agent. Like you said Veronica, Pierce chooses what's interest him, and it's his agent who provided the options for him. Like BJ said, something needs to be dealt with his agent. And the same can be said with his PR also. I guess that might explain NM's lower gross at the box office, or maybe it was the bad word of mouth.
But really,the comparisons to Seagal? That guy is action star only while Pierce does all sorts of things...and while Pierce can act how much real acting talent Seagal has?
Why sign on to do any film with no wider release? NM had a wider USA release but it was poorly advertised on tv and radio and it was not a bad film. The UK release was an abomination with only 1 theatre? How can Pierce have a film open in the USA and be shown in only 1 theatre in all of NYC this weekend? Is it the same in California and the mid-west for Survivor? I did not see 1 commercial on tv for it here. Why bother making a film that won't be shown much in theatres? :shock:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Why sign on to do any film with no wider release? NM had a wider USA release but it was poorly advertised on tv and radio and it was not a bad film. The UK release was an abomination with only 1 theatre? How can Pierce have a film open in the USA and be shown in only 1 theatre in all of NYC this weekend? Is it the same in California and the mid-west for Survivor? I did not see 1 commercial on tv for it here. Why bother making a film that won't be shown much in theatres? :shock:
That's what I'm wondering as well...
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Just watched an interview with Roger Moore. Seriously,they should recommend watching his interviews instead of a Prozac.