The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:The stunt double has to wear a mask so that from not-so-close it wouldn't be noticed that that's not Craig. And you have to admit the resemblance is striking. :D
is he actually going to appear in this movie or not. I've seen more pictures if the stunt man in mask.

Is Craig so inexpressive one masked man can replace him.

It may work in the movie from a distance but the permanent PO face is ridiculous.

The great actor of our age can be replaced by a stunt man with a cheap mask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

There are a few times in CR that it'a pretty obvious it's the stuntman and NOT DC. It it really THAT hard to find someone who looks like DC?Apparently so :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:
Veronica wrote:The stunt double has to wear a mask so that from not-so-close it wouldn't be noticed that that's not Craig. And you have to admit the resemblance is striking. :D
is he actually going to appear in this movie or not. I've seen more pictures if the stunt man in mask.

Is Craig so inexpressive one masked man can replace him.

It may work in the movie from a distance but the permanent PO face is ridiculous.

The great actor of our age can be replaced by a stunt man with a cheap mask

He is going to be in a movie for all those dramaesque scenes about not trusting anyone bla bla bla...since now Bond is a "kait dancing in a hurricane"
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

kater23 wrote:There are a few times in CR that it'a pretty obvious it's the stuntman and NOT DC. It it really THAT hard to find someone who looks like DC?Apparently so :lol:
Well since Craig looks like god Apolon,it's not like every other man looks like that... _.//
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

kater23 wrote:There are a few times in CR that it'a pretty obvious it's the stuntman and NOT DC. It it really THAT hard to find someone who looks like DC?Apparently so :lol:
Also quite a few times it was obvious he was not Bond as well! :mrgreen:

Who is that masked man? Is it really an unnamed stunt man, perhaps it is Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan, maybe both taking turns, making their return to the screen as 007 albeit under the auspices of a mask hiding their participation. ( ;) )
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Blowfeld wrote:
Also quite a few times it was obvious he was not Bond as well! :mrgreen:

Who is that masked man? Is it really an unnamed stunt man, perhaps it is Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan, maybe both taking turns, making their return to the screen as 007 albeit under the auspices of a mask hiding their participation. ( ;) )
Quite a few...you put it quite nicely! :D quite a few is an understatement of the century really. :mrgreen:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm pretty sure the PS to this article by Simon Pegg is a joke. But I'd really like it to be true: http://simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mou ... kes-again/
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I'm pretty sure the PS to this article by Simon Pegg is a joke. But I'd really like it to be true: http://simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mou ... kes-again/
so brosnan and dalton being in a movie together was a in joke. But for Star Wars

Hope it is true it would be cool and might mean an interesting back story

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

We live in strange times when this man can make a living as a "James Bond" lookalike.

http://www.danielcraiglookalike.net/photogallery.html
Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

carl stromberg wrote:We live in strange times when this man can make a living as a "James Bond" lookalike.

http://www.danielcraiglookalike.net/photogallery.html
yeah,strange times indeed especially considering the guy doesn't look like REAL James Bond.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Oh,I so love those comments by Craig fans how he is better because his movies are more realistic...and when they say some Bond movie has a ridiculous plot I actually wonder how many Bond movies have they seen...basically every Bond movie except few has larger-than-life plots...controling rocket firing,radiating the gold,stealing nuclear weapons and holding London for ransom,trying to cause WW3(three times!),not to mention destroying human race...come on,that was part of the appeal...personally I find laughable that some kind of mastermind looses all the money he had from criminal organisations because he sent only one guy to destroy that plan or whatever...what an amateur and then he plays a game of luck to get that money back...please..what the heck is that?
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

"THE SPY WHO LOVED ME" now on TV here in finland. :007: :cheers:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:"THE SPY WHO LOVED ME" now on TV here in finland. :007: :cheers:
Quite possibly the most iconic Bond movie after Goldfinger. And a perfect example of what larger-than-life Bond adventure means. :007:
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

TSWLM is FANTASTIC BOND movie. :up: :up:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:TSWLM is FANTASTIC BOND movie. :up: :up:
Totally. Favourite Moore Bond BY FAR!It's teriffic!
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Guys,I don't know if its just me but new Taylor Swift spot for "Bad Blood" seems to have some Kingsman elements .most of you are probably too mature to care about Taylor Swift but...
Last edited by Veronica on Sun May 24, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:Guys,I don't know if its just me but new Taylor Swift spot for "Bad Blood" seems to have some Kingsman elements and...also there were stuff that reminded me of Hunger Games and Divergent...most of you are probably too mature to care about Taylor Swift but...
KINGSMAN is FANTASTIC spy movie, saw it in the cinema... :cheers:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Looks like tomorrow land is not doing so well. I didn't get what the hell it was supposed to be about.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Looks like tomorrow land is not doing so well. I didn't get what the hell it was supposed to be about.

I think that's part of the problem. The marketing was deliberately vague, as they wanted people to know as little as possible going in. Which is fine up to a point, but it means that people weren't given a reason to see the film in the first place.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Didn't anyone watch tomorrow land here? Is it good?