The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:Is this some kind of a joke??? LOL.
Although The Room has been deemed as one of the worst films ever made, it has gained some cult status over the years. Just look up other clips on YouTube, the film is so bad that it's good.
Wiseau now claims that it was supposed to be funny. Nobody believes him.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:Is this some kind of a joke??? LOL.
Although The Room has been deemed as one of the worst films ever made, it has gained some cult status over the years. Just look up other clips on YouTube, the film is so bad that it's good.
Wiseau now claims that it was supposed to be funny. Nobody believes him.
This is beyond bad...it's awful. Beyond awful. I can't even believe it. :lol:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I just checked ymmv/tropes for this movie and there is a trope "so bad it's good" and it says:" So horrible it's epic" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

You know what-I get it. Critics praise everything that has a supposedly troubled character and all that... and now when Bond has become this alcoholic guy(like any guy emotionally unstable would ever get to the naval commander rank) who is playing angry and depressed boy for months simply because M said "Take the bloody shot" well... it's a piece of candy for them... now when Bond is misunderstood soul with supposedly unhappy childhood("after he came out he wasn't a boy anymore")- what is this kind of line doing in supposedly a BOND MOVIE? Disgrace. I mean haven't you noticed how in order to get an Oscar you need to play a character that is either mentally or physically disfunctional or that an Oscar will get a movie that talks about race discrimination or something. "The Wolf of Wall Street" got nominated in 5 categories and won zero-just as American Hustle-both movie talking about con games. Now this movies are being praised because it features Bond moping around getting drunk because he can't cope with his job(and yet he is supposed to be a guy who went on Cambridge and was made a naval commander) and his boss needs to lecture him. Where is the skilled,sophisticated,brandy-knowledgeable charismatic man who slept with a doctor and evaluator or made sex a life changing experience for women with his magical abilities? Where is the guy who got the girl even after she found out he killed the man she suppossedly loved-because he is just that charismatic? Seriously-where is he? Instead critics asking that question they sing praises to this unstable guy. A tragedy.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image Dubai-based distributor Gulf Film has secured Middle East theatrical distribution rights to “Spectre” and plans to release the upcoming 24th James Bond film across the region on November 6, day-and-date with its U.S. outing.

Gulf Film’s agreement with MGM is being touted as a key step in the expansion of the regions’s dominant local distribution/exhibition outfit.

“It was very important for us to secure the rights of a movie of that stature,” said Gulf CEO Selim El Azar, noting that “the production budget on ‘Spectre’ is north of $250 million.”

“Being the biggest distribution company in the Middle East, along with our exhibition arm, we approached MGM saying that what we could offer is definitely better and bigger than what others can,” he boasted.

The November 6 Middle East release of “Spectre” will take place across more than 250 screens, at least 115 of which in multiplexes owned by Gulf Films’ Novo Cinemas exhibition arm located in 14 facilities across Qatar, the UAE and Jordan. Novo Cinemas operate four Imax screens.The bulk of Middle East theatrical revenue now come from the Gulf for several reasons, not least of which the fact that ticket prices are higher.

Gulf Films, which is owned by Qatar Media Services, handles at least half the films released in the Middle East, including plenty of Hollywood product such as Paramount and Universal titles.

In January Gulf Films scored boffo returns from the Middle East release of Fox’s Liam Neeson-starrer “Taken 3,” which pulled in $10.3 million — the region’s ninth box office intake ever – after Neeson made the trek to Dubai for the Middle East’s first Hollywood-style fan premiere.

“Now we are in discussions with MGM to also host Daniel Craig, though this is not confirmed,” El Azar said. “We will use every possible marketing tool to promote this film,” he added. (FBF knew this would happen)

“Skyfall,” the 23rd Bond pic, which broke box office records in the U.S. and the U.K., took $9.3 million in the region in 2012 via Lebanese distributor Selim Ramia and company.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

November 6th, For some reason o had it in my mind it was out earlier. Just 2 weeks before hunger games , a month before Star Wars . I wonder if the can make their money as fast as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Bond......James Bond........7th 007?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:November 6th, For some reason o had it in my mind it was out earlier. Just 2 weeks before hunger games , a month before Star Wars . I wonder if the can make their money as fast as that

In the UK it will be.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Image Bond......James Bond........7th 007?
BJ...the ship has sailed for Henry. He'll be too big for Bond.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:November 6th, For some reason o had it in my mind it was out earlier. Just 2 weeks before hunger games , a month before Star Wars . I wonder if the can make their money as fast as that

SF managed to strike over a billion despite going head to head with the vampires and Middle Earth, and Spectre will be no different.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It never really went head to head, it managed to keep momentum up over time, I wonder with two bigger movies to take action fans and couples if they can do it in this time. Imo Star Wars is going to be a monster if only because of the original trilogy fans and 10 years since the last film

FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Babs will do anything make Spectre gross higher than SF as that b1tch always have something under her sleeve.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:Babs will do anything make Spectre gross higher than SF as that b1tch always have something under her sleeve.
With the script leak and all those emails she would need to be a magician to make SPECTRE more successful than Skyfall...I don't think it's going to happen.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Babs will do anything make Spectre gross higher than SF as that b1tch always have something under her sleeve.
With the script leak and all those emails she would need to be a magician to make SPECTRE more successful than Skyfall...I don't think it's going to happen.
When things goes wrong, the b1tch is always a step ahead.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

SP-ECH-TRE might not top $1 billion this time. It's a weak and already done plot with childhood psychosis thrown in, which might be a turn off to repeat viewers.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:SP-ECH-TRE might not top $1 billion this time. It's a weak and already done plot with childhood psychosis thrown in, which might be a turn off to repeat viewers.

The villain is supposed to be his brother,right??Good lord... :!: :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The villain was Bond's childhood friend in this wretched film, whose father favored James over his own son Franz, so he grew up to want world domination by hurting Jimmy as an adult..........utter nonsense :!: ................Former 007 Pierce Brosnan would like to see Luton actor and fellow Bond star Colin Salmon follow in his footsteps as Ian Fleming's iconic secret agent, and the former Strictly contestant has told Radio Times that he wouldn't refuse, as long as his casting was based solely on his acting skills. Speaking in this week's tv listings magazine, he says "I believe I can do it, but one of the reasons I don't really get into the debate is people keep talking about a black James Bond: how a black man should play him. I've been in this country since birth and if you're only considering the colour of my skin I get bored." (This is why I have no respect for Brosnan to even think such nonsense and then spew it out of his mouth. Pierce is an idiot :!: Is this man James Bond Pierce, or are you another embarrassing PC dreamer?) Image
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:(This is why I have no respect for Brosnan to even think such nonsense and then spew it out of his mouth. Pierce is an idiot :!: Is this man James Bond Pierce, or are you another embarrassing PC dreamer?) Image
Doesn't matter what Pierce thinks. Anybody or anything can be Bond now based on SF's nonsensical success and recognition.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He has a point if eon hires a black man it will only because of the color of his skin. It won't be challenging for any actor they'd hire

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

For crying out loud.. Brosnan said what he had to say. He was asked would Elba made a good Bond and the only thing he said is yes... he couldn't say no because then there would be all that "racist" nonsence. He didn't say anything else other than that... plus is he making a decision a decision on who is going to be James Bond? All that crap came from Amy Pascal and now there is even a site on facebook about elba being the next Bond.. that just shows how some people truly forgot who or what is Bond supposed to be... and no,it has nothing to do with racism.