The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Too bad he could not land a role in one of the Avengers films as a villain.
What Marvel character would be best suited for Pierce? And let's be serious here.
I don't feel I know the Marvel Universe well enough to answer that question, but here's a list of Irish characters from the Marvel Database: http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Irish

Apparently, J Jonah Jameson was Irish on one of the Marvel Earths. I could see Pierce in that role. No joke.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Omega wrote:I don't think Brosnan is doing badly sure I'd like him to beat Craig at his own game but realistically bond is a unique star vehicle where they spend the cost of the movie promoting it.
In terms of being busy, yes. But the works he did after GE (both Bond and non-Bond) either get not so good reviews or do not get the recognition they deserve though Thomas Crown (which doesn't need a sequel especially today) came close in having recognition but only to mature audiences for the most part.
Brosnan is smartly doing low budget independent films keeping his name out there building a rep. The only real disappointment was November man, imho timing and poor pr and distribution.
I hope he'll end up with a movie that has a wow factor in the minds of the wider general audience (as in beyond the fan base)....something (again) he doesn't have since GE. Does he need it? No. But does he deserve it? Yes.
Tomorrow Never Dies was generally well-received and I found an article of some paper nailing it as best Bond ever and some other critic calling it "the best entry since The Spy Who Loved Me".. maybe it generally is seen as a "movie that didn't upstage GoldenEye" but the movie has quite a few defenders... all of his Bond movies made hell of a lot of money... as for his non-Bond movies well yeah it would be great to see him having a major blockbuster... I think "After the Sunset" is quite well-known. In my country it's on TV quite often...
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Too bad he could not land a role in one of the Avengers films as a villain.
What Marvel character would be best suited for Pierce? And let's be serious here.
I thought Redford's role in Captain America 2 is a type that would be perfect for "Pierce". "Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce"
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Fast 7 takes #1 again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I never watched any Fast and Furious films. What is the attraction to warrant such a box office response? Are fast cars the draw in films vs. actual actors these days?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Furious 7 is more Bond than DC Bonds are or will ever be.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image AMERICAN PHAROAH (spelled wrong when entered into the registering of the horse and they left it like that) is the likely favorite and winner of next Saturday's big day in the USA, the Kentucky Derby with all of the mint julips you want :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:Furious 7 is more Bond than DC Bonds are or will ever be.
Did you see it? Many times? Review?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Avengers 2 doesn't open for another few weeks, but deep inside Marvel headquarters they've already begun turning their attention to the next big movie: Captain America: Civil War. Frequently referred to as Avengers 2.5 because of the sheer amount of superheroes packed into this one film — Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Falcon, Black Panther, "Spider-Man" and Hawkeye are all confirmed to star — the third Captain America movie might be the biggest superhero film yet. Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies. What's interesting is that this is only part of the plot of Civil War. There's still the issue of Cap hunting down Bucky/The Winter Soldier, the return of Crossbones (Frank Grillo) and the introduction of Baron Zemo (Daniel Bruhl). That's a lot of stuff to go down in one superhero. But, Marvel was determined to top Batman vs. Superman and the introduction of the Justice League, and this might just be the way to do it. (It's no wonder Superman V Batman moved their film because it's a no contest between the two.)
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Furious 7 is more Bond than DC Bonds are or will ever be.
Did you see it? Many times? Review?
Best of the series so far.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:I never watched any Fast and Furious films. What is the attraction to warrant such a box office response? Are fast cars the draw in films vs. actual actors these days?
I haven't watched 6 so I'm skipping seven until it's on bluray . 5 was a turnaround for the series and pretty good , 1&2 were ok I didn't think they were great but I want to watch all seven when it hits. Never saw Tokyo drift either.

Adding the rock (ff5 on) and Jason statham may have put them over the top.

It's also Paul walkers last film and unlike the usual hype they really did finish the movie for walker and walker did love making the ff movies .
Vin diesel names his kid after walker, and walkers brothers body doubled for him.
This imo is a very unusual movie for Hollywood, a lot of people from actors producers, writers, to the families really cared to finish this move and it's breaking records

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Avengers 2 doesn't open for another few weeks, but deep inside Marvel headquarters they've already begun turning their attention to the next big movie: Captain America: Civil War. Frequently referred to as Avengers 2.5 because of the sheer amount of superheroes packed into this one film — Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Falcon, Black Panther, "Spider-Man" and Hawkeye are all confirmed to star — the third Captain America movie might be the biggest superhero film yet. Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies. What's interesting is that this is only part of the plot of Civil War. There's still the issue of Cap hunting down Bucky/The Winter Soldier, the return of Crossbones (Frank Grillo) and the introduction of Baron Zemo (Daniel Bruhl). That's a lot of stuff to go down in one superhero. But, Marvel was determined to top Batman vs. Superman and the introduction of the Justice League, and this might just be the way to do it. (It's no wonder Superman V Batman moved their film because it's a no contest between the two.)
cap 2 surprised me really looking forward to cap 3 , wb backed off a true head to head I'm not sure March is a good place for bat v sups

Btw I hate the suicide squads joker

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

So am I big O. The Winter Soldier story was better than the first Avengers film and the "Bucky" angle is cinematic gold :!: :up: I am really looking forward to the third film doing nearly $1 billion. I have ZERO interest in this Suicide Squad garbage: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:I never watched any Fast and Furious films. What is the attraction to warrant such a box office response? Are fast cars the draw in films vs. actual actors these days?
I saw the first one. One was enough.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:I have ZERO interest in this Suicide Squad garbage: Image
I take it that you prefer Heath Ledger's.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:I have ZERO interest in this Suicide Squad garbage: Image
I take it that you prefer Heath Ledger's.
Correct. It's not even close FBF. The Bat trilogy was a well done work by Nolan.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
I saw the first one. One was enough.
You deem in junk then. Was it watchable or were you inclined to stop half way through it?
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I've never got round to watching any of the Fast and Furious series although I am certain to like them as I like Vin Diesel and action films. They are always on tv. I've never watched an Impossible Mission film either for some reason.
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

carl stromberg wrote:I've never watched an Impossible Mission film either for some reason.
Maybe because of Jim Phelps becoming the villain.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Phelps returning as a good guy is a great idea FBF. Mail in your suggestion to Cruise.