The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

I don't think his career hit rock bottom. Hitting rock bottom is an expresion for alikes of Denise Richards who didn't have a movie since 2004. Can't really say anybody misses her. Pierce still has a lot of projects and I think "Survivor" is a type of movie that could attract general audience. The movie needs a better PR.. as for "No Escape"-it features well-known Owen Wilson as well so I think that's a plus.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Apparently the new season of Hannibal is going to have several James Bond moments. Are you paying attention Babs?Bryan Fuller is going to show you how it's *really* done! :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:I don't think his career hit rock bottom. Hitting rock bottom is an expresion for alikes of Denise Richards who didn't have a movie since 2004. Can't really say anybody misses her. Pierce still has a lot of projects and I think "Survivor" is a type of movie that could attract general audience. The movie needs a better PR.. as for "No Escape"-it features well-known Owen Wilson as well so I think that's a plus.
A video-on-demand film for Brosnan with a limited release in real theatres? :shock: This has FBF's other fascination, Seagal, written all over it. I hope their careers do not coincide in results going forward.
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:It might be better to do The Topkapi Affair over such limited and minor released film projects.
Thomas Crown 2 won't help him since the general public is NOT going to be interested in seeing a sequel to a remake that is 16 years old. Try EX4 instead.
FBF, what say yee to these disturbing facts?
Tell that to Quentin Tarantino, who needs to cast Pierce in his upcoming films since he never had the chance to do CR.
He couldn't land a role in ANY upcoming wide release film? Too bad he could not land a role in one of the Avengers films as a villain. [video][/video]
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:It might be better to do The Topkapi Affair over such limited and minor released film projects.
Thomas Crown 2 won't help him since the general public is NOT going to be interested in seeing a sequel to a remake that is 16 years old. Try EX4 instead.
FBF, what say yee to these disturbing facts?
Tell that to Quentin Tarantino, who needs to cast Pierce in his upcoming films since he never had the chance to do CR.
He couldn't land a role in ANY upcoming wide release film? [video][/video]
Again...tell that to Tarantino.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What about the other Hollywood directors?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:What about the other Hollywood directors?
Chris Nolan, Brad Bird, J.J. Abrams, Guy Ritchie....to name a few.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Apparently the new season of Hannibal is going to have several James Bond moments. Are you paying attention Babs?Bryan Fuller is going to show you how it's *really* done! :mrgreen:
cool! Between tv and the movies plenty of people are showing Babs how to update Bond without throwing it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Just got back from another Chiller Theatre Saturday night party. We were standing in the hotel lobby hanging out with Donnie Most and Anson Willams for a while. They were taking selfies with anyone who wanted one. They were both very friendly. We also talked a little to James Darren (Gidget and Time Tunnel) and Robert Colbert (Time Tunnel). They were also friendly and approachable in the lobby with the guests. Michael Cole from The Mod Squad also walked by and said hello to people. Image Image Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:What about the other Hollywood directors?
Chris Nolan, Brad Bird, J.J. Abrams, Guy Ritchie....to name a few.
I don't think Brosnan is doing badly sure I'd like him to beat Craig at his own game but realistically bond is a unique star vehicle where they spend the cost of the movie promoting it. Brosnan is smartly doing low budget independent films keeping his name out there building a rep. The only real disappointment was November man, imho timing and poor pr and distribution.

I'd like it if Brosnan got one of the trek or Star Wars sequels too. Doesn't have to be a big part

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Just got back from another Chiller Theatre Saturday night party. We were standing in the hotel lobby hanging out with Donnie Most and Anson Willams for a while. They were taking selfies with anyone who wanted one. They were both very friendly. We also talked a little to James Darren (Gidget and Time Tunnel) and Steven Colbert (Time Tunnel). They were also friendly and approachable in the lobby with the guests.
that's cool. Glad some actors take the time , Craig in the same situation would punch the guests while Moore was telling them how great Craig is

FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:I'd like it if Brosnan got one of the trek or Star Wars sequels too. Doesn't have to be a big part

I did say J.J. Abrams, did I?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Omega wrote:I'd like it if Brosnan got one of the trek or Star Wars sequels too. Doesn't have to be a big part

who is not directing trek 3 or Star Wars 8 .

Did I miss Sony selling Spider-Man ? I read a Rumor about marvel wanting to cast younger wise cracking Peter Parker

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Oh Sony is leasing spidy to marvel , marvel is going to reboot , Garfield is gone and that d**n pascal has a producer job on the new spidy.

Supposedly Disney is position itself to buy Sony pictures if they ever come up for sale .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I knew Garfield would bomb in that role replacing Tobey. Good riddance. Pascal? I thought they eliminated her from importance. :shock:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:

who is not directing trek 3 or Star Wars 8 .

At least JJ will still be producer.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:I knew Garfield would bomb in that role replacing Tobey. Good riddance. Pascal? I thought they eliminated her from importance. :shock:
the one story I read said she helped make the deal . Sony and pascal have sat over casting but the rest is up to marvel . Supposedly they want feature spidy in another marvel movie before the new spidy movie

FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:I don't think Brosnan is doing badly sure I'd like him to beat Craig at his own game but realistically bond is a unique star vehicle where they spend the cost of the movie promoting it.
In terms of being busy, yes. But the works he did after GE (both Bond and non-Bond) either get not so good reviews or do not get the recognition they deserve though Thomas Crown (which doesn't need a sequel especially today) came close in having recognition but only to mature audiences for the most part.
Brosnan is smartly doing low budget independent films keeping his name out there building a rep. The only real disappointment was November man, imho timing and poor pr and distribution.
I hope he'll end up with a movie that has a wow factor in the minds of the wider general audience (as in beyond the fan base)....something (again) he doesn't have since GE. Does he need it? No. But does he deserve it? Yes.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Too bad he could not land a role in one of the Avengers films as a villain.
What Marvel character would be best suited for Pierce? And let's be serious here.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Too bad he could not land a role in one of the Avengers films as a villain.
What Marvel character would be best suited for Pierce? And let's be serious here.
I don't feel I know the Marvel Universe well enough to answer that question, but here's a list of Irish characters from the Marvel Database: http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Irish

Apparently, J Jonah Jameson was Irish on one of the Marvel Earths. I could see Pierce in that role. No joke.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig