The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I watched the newer superman batman cartoons and a few of the comics. Batman superman fighting is fine with me. This seems more a desperate attempt to jump start justice league .

The other part that bothers me is some of the talk defending bat vs sup is close to the don't judge Craig before you see him which got us three soon four movies with a bad emo bond.
Actor gets bad reaction to being cast and the defense is not to judge him.
I don't care for affleck in general he a privileged smug guy now. Not as bod as clooney , I was glad to see him spaced in Gravity .
Some of not wanting him as batman is I like Christian Bales bat. And they lied about ever approaching him to come back for this or justice league movies. Just like they lied about Brosnan wanting too much for Cr .

I don't think it will bomb it wouldn't matter wb and dc have invested a lot in jump starting justice league franchise. Imo a second superman with out the super powered crowd would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Alessandra wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:
Alessandra wrote:Veronica, I can't wait for Man from U.N.C.L.E. and many lovers of ACTUAL and classic Bond are feeling the same way. It looks like a hell of a lot of fun and both Cavill and Hammer look fabulous in their respective roles.
I'm looking forward to the movie also. But, as a first-generation UNCLE fan, I have been surprised by some of the complaints of other original UNCLE-philes. A number hate that a movie was even made (they view it as something akin to sacrilege). This has carried over to the actors (both Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer). I saw a fan mock how Hammer speaks in a Russian accent (David McCallum didn't use one in the original).

The movie is a lot different than the show. What Guy Ritchie & Co. have attempted is to break it down to the basic elements and go from there. The timeline certainly is different. In the show, UNCLE was started sometime after the end of World War II and Solo and Kuryakin became agents in the 1950s. In the film, they work for the CIA and KGB and are forced to team up. Etc., etc. This, likewise, isn't going over well with some of the original fans.

I've even seen some fans complain the leads of the movie are *too* tall, too muscular, too good looking.

Meanwhile, in another bit of irony, one of the comic book-related pages on Facebook I frequent *hate* Man of Steel and dislike Cavill intensely. One even called him an "emo punk."

EDIT: The movie also changes Solo's back story. He now has a history of having once been an art thief before joining the CIA. This was disclosed when a magazine did a Cavill feature a month or so ago.
So,Solo in the movie is an ex-art thief turned secret agent? This just keeps getting better and better!! Thomas Crown and James Bond in one!! :yay:
I was about to say the exact same! LOL

Napoleon Solo, I am not worried about a MINORITY of people hating, there's always that minority. That trailer is at almost 3 million views, so the minority of dissatisfied fanboys can keep on going, they won't make a difference.
LOL about them complaining people are too tall or too good looking, what the hell is that? LMAO! And Armie Hammer speaking with an actual Russian accent is MUCH more realistic than someone who is Russian and speaks English without one.
What makes or breaks a movie is the general public, and it looks like this is being VERY well received. It's not a surprise, because it does look like a lot of fun. And that's all the general moviegoer cares about when going to watch a film like this one.

Also, BJ I have seen a hell of a lot of people being very excited for the new Superman vs Batman movie. So, it's untrue that the entire internet is against it. Just not true. People will judge when they see. And also and btw? Internet judgment NEVER determines what a movie does. And going by your comments, you're simply more suited to Marvel than you are to DC comics. Which is just fine. I was always the opposite. Ever since I was a kid. Much more DC comics oriented and those have ALWAYS had a way darker tone. Batman IS the essence of darkness and it shouldn't be "light" lol. And Superman is equally loved and looked at with suspicion by people. That was always the conflict in the comics. He's loved by the whole world, he's also looked at with suspicion at the same time. Which I think is an aspect they captured very well in Henry Cavill's debut. I watched Superman cartoons everyday in the afternoon when I was a kid. That is what was on TV. Superman, Batman & Robin , Spider Man and Fantastic Four. My favorite was always Superman.

Anyway, back to Man from U.N.C.L.E, the more details I hear, the more I CANNOT WAIT to see it. That is something that is GUARANTEED to entertain me!!
I watched ALL superhero cartoons and tv shows growing up. Superman was a favorite of mine. I cannot stand what these directors have done to him. I knew Superman 3 and 4 would bomb in the 1980s, as well as when Routh was signed on and saw his plot. I knew Garfield the Cat would flop as Spiderman and he is done in the role. I liked the new Batman trilogy being a serious version. What I do not like is turning Superman into anything other than a hero :!: Once you start down that path, it's no better than what Eon has done to Bond. If you think Affleck and Eisenberg will not be mocked by the masses and laughed at, well, just wait and see. Avengers 2 will DOUBLE the box office of Superman V Batman. Films that have moved their release dates TWICE are in serious trouble. The next Captain America film will top Superman V Batman as well at the box office. I think Captain America 3 will do nearly $1 billion and I am eagerly awaiting it's release searching for "Bucky", as the second film was superb :!: Cavill needed a stand alone sequel......NO over the hill Batman, who is the dominant emphasis in this film.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Skyfall was not the first gay banter between Bond and the villain. That would be Le Chiffre's "such a waste" in CR.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:Skyfall was not the first gay banter between Bond and the villain. That would be Le Chiffre's "such a waste" in CR.
Oh yeah forgot about that. :roll:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

The Sweeney wrote:Maybe it is just me, but reading these email exchanges from Amy Rascal and co. makes me want to vomit, when I see the kind of ridiculous ideas they were all throwing around - Blofeld a woman, M a traitor. Fleming probably still hasn't stopped spinning in his grave at the imbeciles in charge of the franchise he started.

Why can't we have a straightforward traditional 60's type storyline anymore?

These attempts at plot twists and turns have been in play ever since GE, when Sean Bean's character turned rogue (although you could argue we saw it first in FYEO, then again in TLD), but this seems to be a major trait now of the post Cubby era.

In the Fleming novels, this is not something that was really evident in his plots, which instead were fairly straightforward affairs. We normally knew from the outset who the villain was that Bond was about to pursue, and it didn't detract from that.

And the films followed suit for most part, up until Babs got her hands on the franchise. Now we have this concept of twists, reveals and Nolanesque origins, which is getting a bit too much.

As I have said in earlier posts, if this film reveals Blofeld is family connected to Bond in some way, this just pisses all over everything Fleming ever wrote from a Skyfall height, and totally discredits the well-used opinion that Craig's films are somehow closer to the Fleming novels. :cuss:
I was eagerly waiting for your take on those emails, Sweeney. :lol: Again, those things are dated OCTOBER (and some November) so aren't at all OLD, for those trying to find excuses. They were filming already when some of the exchanges happened.

I'm glad you didn't disappoint me. I knew you would be outraged at how these idiots are throwing around RIDICULOUS ideas that have NOTHING to do with the actual Bond story and with who James Bond is, including making Blofeld a woman, ARE YOU KIDDING ME NOW? And this shows how this franchise is in the hands of people who know NOTHING about James Bond and care NOTHING about the integrity and story of the character. What they say in and of itself, regardless of what happens in the movie, entirely discredits the idea that Craig's movies are closer to Fleming's Bond (they never were for many reasons, let's be clear). These people are out to DESTROY Bond in the name of idiotic stunts or "politically-correct" Hollywood garbage. We've always said that, now there is WRITTEN and documented proof of it.
"Are we on coms?"
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
Alessandra wrote:An actor needs to PLAY the part and LOOK the part. Craig can't do either. One can like it anyway because of other factors, but this is the reality of things.
My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately, the attitude now seems to be as long as the person can "act" they can qualify to be Bond.
I'm not even sure how much of an actor Craig is outside Bond...
I think Christopher Walken is a pretty good actor, and I really like him as Max Zorin, but he wouldn't be right for Bond. Quite a few people have said that Craig may have been more suitable as a Bond villain or henchman instead of Bond.
I'm one of those people. I've said from the start that he'd have been suitable as a villain or henchman, not as Bond. He looks like a Bond villain. Would be perfect for that. He looks NOTHING like James Bond. And more importantly he ACTS NOTHING LIKE James Bond. And let's kindly stop saying he's a good actor cause he isn't. Most of his stuff is minor or has flopped because he entirely lacks charisma and acting chops. He has literally three facial expression total. Good actors are another thing. Kevin Spacey is a great actor, Robert De Niro, Robert Redford. THOSE are great actors. Craig can't even hold a candle to any of them.
"Are we on coms?"
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:You said it Sweeney. Broccoli's vision, with these misguided writers who only care about being politically correct, yet at the same time are unpatriotic by casting the USA and UK governments in a bad light, have ruined Fleming's creation :!: It's a sickness that the liberals in Hollywood embrace. By the way, the Silva/Bond homosexual banter was NOT an innocent joke in SF. It was a test run to see audience reaction. Mark my words, Eon is headed down the path of a bi-sexual Bond as Broccoli's crowning, all inclusive achievement to society, in her demented mind. You WILL get the straight 60s storyline this summer when UNCLE hits the screens worldwide :!: Ale plans to see it more times than FBF saw Harry Potter :!: :lol: Enjoy it and remember the good old days when a spy film was supposedly a FUN thing to watch :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't have time to go to the cinema THOSE many times, but I will certainly see it twice. And yes it's gonna be fun for sure. I am just thrilled that without any type of previous recognition in their roles for Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer, the trailer is definitely a big success and a lot of people have checked it out. For something brand new in terms of movie, it's very promising. I'm sure it'll do well cause everyone is in for stylish, good fun 60s themed spy adventures. It has everything the actual Bond movies had. It'll of course take time to make this new franchise grow, but this could be a very good start in my opinion.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli's mindset is off the rails now and her direction with her 'eggster in the role will reach new lows each successive film, until somebody at MGM or Sony fires him. This new anti-Fleming disgrace will bring a shock to Eon hopefully. My horse has a more attractive face than Cr-egg :!:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Alessandra wrote:I'm one of those people. I've said from the start that he'd have been suitable as a villain or henchman, not as Bond. He looks like a Bond villain. Would be perfect for that. He looks NOTHING like James Bond. And more importantly he ACTS NOTHING LIKE James Bond. And let's kindly stop saying he's a good actor cause he isn't. Most of his stuff is minor or has flopped because he entirely lacks charisma and acting chops. He has literally three facial expression total. Good actors are another thing. Kevin Spacey is a great actor, Robert De Niro, Robert Redford. THOSE are great actors. Craig can't even hold a candle to any of them.
I don't think Craig is a superb actor as some make him out to be, and I also feel he would have been better as a Bond villain or henchman. But some fans seem to have this ridiculous mentality that if the actor is good, they could qualify to be Bond. As with the Christopher Walken example I mentioned before, just because the actor is good, doesn't mean they are right to play Bond.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Alessandra wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:Maybe it is just me, but reading these email exchanges from Amy Rascal and co. makes me want to vomit, when I see the kind of ridiculous ideas they were all throwing around - Blofeld a woman, M a traitor. Fleming probably still hasn't stopped spinning in his grave at the imbeciles in charge of the franchise he started.

Why can't we have a straightforward traditional 60's type storyline anymore?

These attempts at plot twists and turns have been in play ever since GE, when Sean Bean's character turned rogue (although you could argue we saw it first in FYEO, then again in TLD), but this seems to be a major trait now of the post Cubby era.

In the Fleming novels, this is not something that was really evident in his plots, which instead were fairly straightforward affairs. We normally knew from the outset who the villain was that Bond was about to pursue, and it didn't detract from that.

And the films followed suit for most part, up until Babs got her hands on the franchise. Now we have this concept of twists, reveals and Nolanesque origins, which is getting a bit too much.

As I have said in earlier posts, if this film reveals Blofeld is family connected to Bond in some way, this just pisses all over everything Fleming ever wrote from a Skyfall height, and totally discredits the well-used opinion that Craig's films are somehow closer to the Fleming novels. :cuss:
I was eagerly waiting for your take on those emails, Sweeney. :lol: Again, those things are dated OCTOBER (and some November) so aren't at all OLD, for those trying to find excuses. They were filming already when some of the exchanges happened.

I'm glad you didn't disappoint me. I knew you would be outraged at how these idiots are throwing around RIDICULOUS ideas that have NOTHING to do with the actual Bond story and with who James Bond is, including making Blofeld a woman, ARE YOU KIDDING ME NOW? And this shows how this franchise is in the hands of people who know NOTHING about James Bond and care NOTHING about the integrity and story of the character. What they say in and of itself, regardless of what happens in the movie, entirely discredits the idea that Craig's movies are closer to Fleming's Bond (they never were for many reasons, let's be clear). These people are out to DESTROY Bond in the name of idiotic stunts or "politically-correct" Hollywood garbage. We've always said that, now there is WRITTEN and documented proof of it.

They destoryed everything when they casted Craig in the role. James Bond is the key...all of this nonsence doesn't even suprise me that much...
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Alessandra wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
Alessandra wrote:An actor needs to PLAY the part and LOOK the part. Craig can't do either. One can like it anyway because of other factors, but this is the reality of things.
My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately, the attitude now seems to be as long as the person can "act" they can qualify to be Bond.
I'm not even sure how much of an actor Craig is outside Bond...
I think Christopher Walken is a pretty good actor, and I really like him as Max Zorin, but he wouldn't be right for Bond. Quite a few people have said that Craig may have been more suitable as a Bond villain or henchman instead of Bond.
I'm one of those people. I've said from the start that he'd have been suitable as a villain or henchman, not as Bond. He looks like a Bond villain. Would be perfect for that. He looks NOTHING like James Bond. And more importantly he ACTS NOTHING LIKE James Bond. And let's kindly stop saying he's a good actor cause he isn't. Most of his stuff is minor or has flopped because he entirely lacks charisma and acting chops. He has literally three facial expression total. Good actors are another thing. Kevin Spacey is a great actor, Robert De Niro, Robert Redford. THOSE are great actors. Craig can't even hold a candle to any of them.

Exactly! Doesn anyone even know some other movie he starred in?? He just can't sell a thing and that's why it pissess me off when these fanboys say how Craig is the reason why these last three movie went great. the movies went greag because of the marketing and all the hype. Not because of him.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Alessandra wrote:
bjmdds wrote:You said it Sweeney. Broccoli's vision, with these misguided writers who only care about being politically correct, yet at the same time are unpatriotic by casting the USA and UK governments in a bad light, have ruined Fleming's creation :!: It's a sickness that the liberals in Hollywood embrace. By the way, the Silva/Bond homosexual banter was NOT an innocent joke in SF. It was a test run to see audience reaction. Mark my words, Eon is headed down the path of a bi-sexual Bond as Broccoli's crowning, all inclusive achievement to society, in her demented mind. You WILL get the straight 60s storyline this summer when UNCLE hits the screens worldwide :!: Ale plans to see it more times than FBF saw Harry Potter :!: :lol: Enjoy it and remember the good old days when a spy film was supposedly a FUN thing to watch :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't have time to go to the cinema THOSE many times, but I will certainly see it twice. And yes it's gonna be fun for sure. I am just thrilled that without any type of previous recognition in their roles for Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer, the trailer is definitely a big success and a lot of people have checked it out. For something brand new in terms of movie, it's very promising. I'm sure it'll do well cause everyone is in for stylish, good fun 60s themed spy adventures. It has everything the actual Bond movies had. It'll of course take time to make this new franchise grow, but this could be a very good start in my opinion.

I agree! It obviously got people's attention just like Kingsman did!! And how could it not? It seems fun,thrilling with good looking actors..do you know what are the song in the trailer? I'm so into the whole thing now! this is what real Bond movies have done before!! They made people excited months before they came out. :D
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Alessandra wrote:I'm one of those people. I've said from the start that he'd have been suitable as a villain or henchman, not as Bond. He looks like a Bond villain. Would be perfect for that. He looks NOTHING like James Bond. And more importantly he ACTS NOTHING LIKE James Bond. And let's kindly stop saying he's a good actor cause he isn't. Most of his stuff is minor or has flopped because he entirely lacks charisma and acting chops. He has literally three facial expression total. Good actors are another thing. Kevin Spacey is a great actor, Robert De Niro, Robert Redford. THOSE are great actors. Craig can't even hold a candle to any of them.
I don't think Craig is a superb actor as some make him out to be, and I also feel he would have been better as a Bond villain or henchman. But some fans seem to have this ridiculous mentality that if the actor is good, they could qualify to be Bond. As with the Christopher Walken example I mentioned before, just because the actor is good, doesn't mean they are right to play Bond.
Absolutely. That mindset is well beyond ridiculous for ANY part, not just Bond. An actor MUST look the part, period. That's why one is chosen over the other for roles. The world is full of actually great actors (unlike Craig) who are absolutely NOT right to be Bond. Kevin Spacey that I cited above is a prime example. Same for Robert De Niro. Same for many others. And I mean completely wrong when they were the right age to be Bond. It's absolutely ridiculous to claim that if one is a good actor, then they're fine for Bond. Um, no.
Craig also is NOT a good actor. But even if he was, he remains absolutely wrong in every way to play Bond. Short, blond and ugly is not who Bond is. Tall, dark haired, blue eyes, handsome is who Bond is. The rest can merrily pack their bags and go. Craig does look like a great Bond VILLAIN or henchman. Certainly not like James Bond. Never did, never will.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ale, Cr-egg's 3 facial expressions you mentioned are all the same--------constipated look :Any facial expression, intentional or unintentional, that makes it look as if you're constipated--- Image Image Image Image
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:Ale, Cr-egg's 3 facial expressions you mentioned are all the same--------constipated look :Any facial expression, intentional or unintentional, that makes it look as if you're constipated--- Image Image Image Image
BJ, you illustrated it perfectly! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don't remember who said it don't mean not to give credit where it's due

The point someone made was Craig is a blank canvas actually expressing nothing but allowing the viewer to to interpret their own opinion of what is happen or what his blank wooden face is "emoting"

From what I've seen of all of Craig movies If he's a major acting powerhouse Lazenby is a multi Oscar winner. What Lazenby did with bond Craig can't come close to, and Lazenby had no real skill as an actor.

In Craig's own words he couldn't play bond they way Brosnan or Dalton did if he is such a great actor why can't he act like bond ?

............ :007:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Alessandra wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
Absolutely. That mindset is well beyond ridiculous for ANY part, not just Bond. An actor MUST look the part, period. That's why one is chosen over the other for roles. The world is full of actually great actors (unlike Craig) who are absolutely NOT right to be Bond. Kevin Spacey that I cited above is a prime example. Same for Robert De Niro. Same for many others. And I mean completely wrong when they were the right age to be Bond. It's absolutely ridiculous to claim that if one is a good actor, then they're fine for Bond. Um, no.
Craig also is NOT a good actor. But even if he was, he remains absolutely wrong in every way to play Bond. Short, blond and ugly is not who Bond is. Tall, dark haired, blue eyes, handsome is who Bond is. The rest can merrily pack their bags and go. Craig does look like a great Bond VILLAIN or henchman. Certainly not like James Bond. Never did, never will.

Absolutely! Just because someone is a good actor doesn't mean he's right to play Bond. Wasn't Lazenby choosen simply because of his physicality? Even if Craig is a good actor(which I don't think he really is) that isn't enough to play Bond.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:I don't remember who said it don't mean not to give credit where it's due

The point someone made was Craig is a blank canvas actually expressing nothing but allowing the viewer to to interpret their own opinion of what is happen or what his blank wooden face is "emoting"

From what I've seen of all of Craig movies If he's a major acting powerhouse Lazenby is a multi Oscar winner. What Lazenby did with bond Craig can't come close to, and Lazenby had no real skill as an actor.

In Craig's own words he couldn't play bond they way Brosnan or Dalton did if he is such a great actor why can't he act like bond ?

To be Bond you need to have certain qualities. Looks,charisma,sophistication and the power to express that "cool attitude. Craig doesn't have it. Plus his Bond is supposed to be this "emotional" guy bla bla bla...but he has one facial expression. He just can not express anything. He is a blank state.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

bjmdds wrote:Ale, Cr-egg's 3 facial expressions you mentioned are all the same--------constipated look :Any facial expression, intentional or unintentional, that makes it look as if you're constipated--- Image Image Image Image
NICE. :mrgreen:
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Omega wrote:I watched the newer superman batman cartoons and a few of the comics. Batman superman fighting is fine with me. This seems more a desperate attempt to jump start justice league .

The other part that bothers me is some of the talk defending bat vs sup is close to the don't judge Craig before you see him which got us three soon four movies with a bad emo bond.
Actor gets bad reaction to being cast and the defense is not to judge him.
I don't care for affleck in general he a privileged smug guy now. Not as bod as clooney , I was glad to see him spaced in Gravity .
Some of not wanting him as batman is I like Christian Bales bat. And they lied about ever approaching him to come back for this or justice league movies. Just like they lied about Brosnan wanting too much for Cr .

I don't think it will bomb it wouldn't matter wb and dc have invested a lot in jump starting justice league franchise. Imo a second superman with out the super powered crowd would be better.TDK IS B-E-S-T BATMAN MOVIE SO FAR...