The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Alessandra wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Clooney and Cruise bowed out of the Napolean Solo role and Cavill got the nod. Will Cavill bring in as many viewers as the other two who passed on it? MI:5 and UNCLE are opening only 2 weeks apart. Will they cannabolize each other's box office with both films overlapping the spy genre for discerning moviegoers? Image
If anything, I think people will go see both.

We are, for once, in disagreement over the Henry and Affleck Superman movie. I believe Affleck is gonna be good and I truly can't see what the complaint about Lex Luthor is. Have you never watched Smallville? This is a "younger" Superman movie because Cavill is certainly not an old dude, so they got a Luthor in the same range. Dude looks exactly like Lex Luthor would, just younger. I don't see any problem with that whatsoever. Again, same thing as Smallville. I've read many comments from people who can't wait to see it. Just like the Superman movie did just fine, this one will as well. Probably better, in fact. There again you hated the Superman movie and I actually enjoyed it a lot, so... Guess we have different tastes when it comes to this particular branch of comics :D
I like cavill's superman, I don't like the glowing eyes batsuit iron man ripoff.

I don't like the tone of this is a serious lex, batmans got s super gravel voice, the whole dark and serious crap. It sounds like the same stuff said about Craig and any other dubious movie they are trying to build up.

I'd rather they skip the batman v superman and do a sequel to superman instead of a nobody know s what to think of superman or how to deal with him super heroes unite in dc's avengers lite

I don't have a problem with superman being tested or the government trying to find a way to neutralize him cause it happened in the comics and cartoon.

It seems like since afleck they have been trying to justify this movie to the extreme. I don't have the problems bj does with it but still I'd rather they just make a simple superman sequel instead of trying to reboot the whole dc universe on supermans back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Big O, the Marvel Avengers sequel will more than DOUBLE the box office of this Batman V Superman film, in fact, I believe people will find BOTH Affleck and Eisenberg laughable in their roles, and I think this will be the worst superhero movie EVER made. The plot looks moronic and morose, just as UN-SPECT-ACULAR looks with Cr-egg. People HATE Affleck on the internet chat rooms and are mocking boyish Eisenberg as a serious villain actor. :down: :down: :down: :down: all the way on this farce. Bale and Cranston should have been cast into these roles. The premise is a joke as well. Superman can kill Batman in 1 second in many ways so how can they base a film around their battles? This film is NOT about Superman. It's about an aged, over the hill, burned-out, boring Bruce Wayne, with all of the other characters secondary to him. I'd rather watch Gidget Goes Hawaiian over this garbage. I agree 100% that this should have been a Superman sequel by itself, not a promo film for the IN-JUSTICE league pile of manure film they are planning to do in 2 years. Marvel gets it beautifully right with their excellent and intriguing storylines and superb castings, whereas the DC films look amateurish and lacking on so many many levels.
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Alessandra wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Clooney and Cruise bowed out of the Napolean Solo role and Cavill got the nod. Will Cavill bring in as many viewers as the other two who passed on it? MI:5 and UNCLE are opening only 2 weeks apart. Will they cannabolize each other's box office with both films overlapping the spy genre for discerning moviegoers? Image
If anything, I think people will go see both.

We are, for once, in disagreement over the Henry and Affleck Superman movie. I believe Affleck is gonna be good and I truly can't see what the complaint about Lex Luthor is. Have you never watched Smallville? This is a "younger" Superman movie because Cavill is certainly not an old dude, so they got a Luthor in the same range. Dude looks exactly like Lex Luthor would, just younger. I don't see any problem with that whatsoever. Again, same thing as Smallville. I've read many comments from people who can't wait to see it. Just like the Superman movie did just fine, this one will as well. Probably better, in fact. There again you hated the Superman movie and I actually enjoyed it a lot, so... Guess we have different tastes when it comes to this particular branch of comics :D
When you throw out money viewing this film, mark my words, you will hear LAUGHTER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: in the theatre the FIRST time bald Eisenberg is shown, and contempt and boredom when Affleck is shown. I want you back here reporting on this as soon as you see the film. I would rate the Affleck and Eisenberg castings on par with Cr-egg's as Bond, that's how bad I see this playing out. Affleck after Bale? A joke :!: Smallville was on the CW here and it's ratings were not that good so it did not matter that a younger Luthor was used. If you are counting on that "niche" audience to bail this film out worldwide, it's not going to happen. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Batfleck trailer is out: http://time.com/3827374/batman-vs-super ... l-trailer/ I rest my case. It's worse than I imagined. Affleck is the tin man on steroids, with flashlights, from Oz and Superman is deemed a baddie by humanity :!: They tried that concept in Superman III and ruined it with Richard Pryor. Superman is supposed to be a total hero beloved by all of humanity. :shock:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Batfleck trailer is out: http://time.com/3827374/batman-vs-super ... l-trailer/ I rest my case. It's worse than I imagined. Affleck is the tin man on steroids, with flashlights, from Oz and Superman is deemed a baddie by humanity :!: They tried that concept in Superman III and ruined it with Richard Pryor. Superman is supposed to be a total hero beloved by all of humanity. :shock:
notice first the picture below the story of the people who played batman and robin ? Lewis Wilson the first Hollywood batman and mgw's father

Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Alessandra wrote:Veronica, I can't wait for Man from U.N.C.L.E. and many lovers of ACTUAL and classic Bond are feeling the same way. It looks like a hell of a lot of fun and both Cavill and Hammer look fabulous in their respective roles.
I'm looking forward to the movie also. But, as a first-generation UNCLE fan, I have been surprised by some of the complaints of other original UNCLE-philes. A number hate that a movie was even made (they view it as something akin to sacrilege). This has carried over to the actors (both Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer). I saw a fan mock how Hammer speaks in a Russian accent (David McCallum didn't use one in the original).

The movie is a lot different than the show. What Guy Ritchie & Co. have attempted is to break it down to the basic elements and go from there. The timeline certainly is different. In the show, UNCLE was started sometime after the end of World War II and Solo and Kuryakin became agents in the 1950s. In the film, they work for the CIA and KGB and are forced to team up. Etc., etc. This, likewise, isn't going over well with some of the original fans.

I've even seen some fans complain the leads of the movie are *too* tall, too muscular, too good looking.

Meanwhile, in another bit of irony, one of the comic book-related pages on Facebook I frequent *hate* Man of Steel and dislike Cavill intensely. One even called him an "emo punk."

EDIT: The movie also changes Solo's back story. He now has a history of having once been an art thief before joining the CIA. This was disclosed when a magazine did a Cavill feature a month or so ago.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Meanwhile, UNCLE has a lot in common with James Bond. I've had to update this page quite a bit because of the movie.

https://uncleepisodeguide.wordpress.com ... ames-bond/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Napoleon Solo wrote: I'm looking forward to the movie also. But, as a first-generation UNCLE fan, I have been surprised by some of the complaints of other original UNCLE-philes. A number hate that a movie was even made (they view it as something akin to sacrilege). This has carried over to the actors (both Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer). I saw a fan mock how Hammer speaks in a Russian accent (David McCallum didn't use one in the original).
That always bugged me when I watched the show as a kid. I kept thinking "Is he meant to be Russian or British?"
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Alessandra wrote:Veronica: we love Croatia in my family, my dad went there MANY years ago on a memorable holiday and one of my brothers was there twice in the past two years for the same reason (seaside).

I wouldn't waste time trying to even understand the Craig fanboys, if I were you. A lot are like that because of what you said, others just were never Bond fans to begin with (of the movies, I mean). A minority group are reasonable people who just have preferences we don't share. This last group are obviously people you can have conversation with. Sadly, they are the minority.

Craig was never fit to be Bond. That's just the reality of things, and if one is even remotely objective, they'd say so. Short, blond and ugly (cause HE IS ugly, and some try to change that into "unconventionally attractive" which just makes me laugh) is not who James Bond is. An actor needs to PLAY the part and LOOK the part. Craig can't do either. One can like it anyway because of other factors, but this is the reality of things.
Agree. And they have this pathetic reasons(two) why Craig is good as Bond. He looks like a killer(yeah,because Bond is a guy you wanna go away from-never mind he is supposed to be a guy that can seduce woman in 5 seconds) or he is Fleming's Bond(like those 10 year old fanboys even read one book by their own will)... I don't if I should laugh or cry at those comments. Craig unconventionally good looking? Is that "Barbara Brocolli" syndrome? Probably not-she REALLY thinks he is good looking in a classical way.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Alessandra wrote:Veronica, I can't wait for Man from U.N.C.L.E. and many lovers of ACTUAL and classic Bond are feeling the same way. It looks like a hell of a lot of fun and both Cavill and Hammer look fabulous in their respective roles.
I'm looking forward to the movie also. But, as a first-generation UNCLE fan, I have been surprised by some of the complaints of other original UNCLE-philes. A number hate that a movie was even made (they view it as something akin to sacrilege). This has carried over to the actors (both Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer). I saw a fan mock how Hammer speaks in a Russian accent (David McCallum didn't use one in the original).

The movie is a lot different than the show. What Guy Ritchie & Co. have attempted is to break it down to the basic elements and go from there. The timeline certainly is different. In the show, UNCLE was started sometime after the end of World War II and Solo and Kuryakin became agents in the 1950s. In the film, they work for the CIA and KGB and are forced to team up. Etc., etc. This, likewise, isn't going over well with some of the original fans.

I've even seen some fans complain the leads of the movie are *too* tall, too muscular, too good looking.

Meanwhile, in another bit of irony, one of the comic book-related pages on Facebook I frequent *hate* Man of Steel and dislike Cavill intensely. One even called him an "emo punk."

EDIT: The movie also changes Solo's back story. He now has a history of having once been an art thief before joining the CIA. This was disclosed when a magazine did a Cavill feature a month or so ago.
So,Solo in the movie is an ex-art thief turned secret agent? This just keeps getting better and better!! Thomas Crown and James Bond in one!! :yay:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Alessandra wrote:An actor needs to PLAY the part and LOOK the part. Craig can't do either. One can like it anyway because of other factors, but this is the reality of things.
My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately, the attitude now seems to be as long as the person can "act" they can qualify to be Bond.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Alessandra wrote:An actor needs to PLAY the part and LOOK the part. Craig can't do either. One can like it anyway because of other factors, but this is the reality of things.
My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately, the attitude now seems to be as long as the person can "act" they can qualify to be Bond.
I'm not even sure how much of an actor Craig is outside Bond...
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
I think Christopher Walken is a pretty good actor, and I really like him as Max Zorin, but he wouldn't be right for Bond. Quite a few people have said that Craig may have been more suitable as a Bond villain or henchman instead of Bond.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Another reason not to like affleck , he used his star power to hide his slave owning ancestors in a pbs show dedicated to uncovering famous peoples unknown roots.
Nobody else who had the same kind of history tried to hide it .

It doesn't make him better or worse as a actor, as a person it is this smug privileged bs I hate.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I like what I've seems of the man from uncle movie not having seen the original show I don't object to the changes.

It looks like a old fashion bond movie so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Never thought of cavill's superman as emo that might change after seeing the false god bs / desperate justice league jump start .

Seriously any of the dc worlds super powered freaks is more likely to be viewed as a false god. At least marvel through xmen could deal with this topic in a more realistic way

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
I think Christopher Walken is a pretty good actor, and I really like him as Max Zorin, but he wouldn't be right for Bond. Quite a few people have said that Craig may have been more suitable as a Bond villain or henchman instead of Bond.

He would be quite boring as villian since he doesn't nothing in the terms of acting(for me)...now a henchmen.well that seems more appropriate.Maybe he would be another copy of Red Crant!.He would be a lame one,but he definitely would have been a better henchmen than Bond.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This is the ONLY role that fits Cr-egg's talents perfectly in Hollywood: [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:I like what I've seems of the man from uncle movie not having seen the original show I don't object to the changes.

Never thought of cavill's superman as emo that might change after seeing the false god bs / desperate justice league jump start .

Seriously any of the dc worlds super powered freaks is more likely to be viewed as a false god. At least marvel through xmen could deal with this topic in a more realistic way

Superman is known for TRUTH, JUSTICE,AND THE AMERICAN WAY :!: What happened to that premise :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: with these liberally biased crummy directors in Hollywood, who are clueless as to what constitutes a proper Superman film :?: Routh had a child in his mess, and it bombed too. Who needs to see Batman, in a can of tuna with headlights, in a Superman adventure, as his enemy to boot? :shock:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:I like what I've seems of the man from uncle movie not having seen the original show I don't object to the changes.

Superman is known for TRUTH, JUSTICE,AND THE AMERICAN WAY :!: What happened to that premise :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: with these liberally biased crummy directors in Hollywood, who are clueless as to what constitutes a proper Superman film :?: Routh had a child in his mess, and it bombed too. Who needs to see Batman, in a can of tuna with headlights, in a Superman adventure, as his enemy to boot? :shock:
Um...Batman fighting Superman is not exactly a new idea. I'm not sure it was was a new idea when Frank Miller did it in The Dark Knight Returns.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think the bats vs sups fight is fine making it the second rebooted superman is dumb. There were good stories why batman would fight superman , red kryptonite or whatever