The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by ml94 »

Count_Lippe wrote:Barbara Broccoli looks rather beautiful though, and she looks very good today for a woman over 50 years old.

She is beautiful, but he has made some VERY BAD decision(s).
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Oh God Craig on this photo. :roll: is this really a man who plays "an international men of mystery"?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Shirley Eaton was on the Saint too. If Moore had been cast in 1962 for Dr. No he could have played Bond for 23 years :!:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video] Shirley Eaton was on the Saint too. If Moore had been cast in 1962 for Dr. No he could have played Bond for 23 years :!:
hHe wasn't even on the list for Bond during that time.He bacame known with The Saint which premiered the day before Dr.No
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Maud Adams still looks great. Grace Jones looks exactly the same now as she did in 1985.

Famke still looks hot.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Sweeney wrote:Maud Adams still looks great. Grace Jones looks exactly the same now as she did in 1985.

Famke still looks hot.
Jane Seymour looks better with age than she did when she was 22 and filming Live and Let Die.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:Oh God Craig on this photo. :roll: is this really a man who plays "an international men of mystery"?
No, James died 13 years ago (2002).
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Bab & Dan <3
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:Oh God Craig on this photo. :roll: is this really a man who plays "an international men of mystery"?
No, James died 13 years ago (2002).

Right,you are.The only thing incommon that Craig shares with 007 is name and (unfortunately) last name.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Omega wrote:
Count_Lippe wrote:
Omega wrote:I still don't get what English English is supposed to mean . I don't jump to the conclusion it racist as too many have .
You don't get what English English is supposed to mean? It means English of white ethnicity... not about not being Scottish, Irish or what ever that Alessandra said.

James Bond is of white ethnicity, his ethnicity should not be non-European.

Idris Elba is of African ethnicity living in England and therefore he is not English English, he is African English.

Which is why it sounds racist .
In the US you can bet that kind of reasoning will be called racist . A lefty teacher couldn't say all lives matter because the students were #ing black lives matter.

But from what kris said moores words were taken out of context and used for a question he was not asked. He never said Elba was not English , he didn't say he should/shouldn't be bond either . But I wouldn't be surprised if he endorsed elba after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HELL TO THE NO. you don't get to misconstrue what he said in this forum. It's not "whatever that Alessandra said" IT IS WHAT ROGER MOORE SAID. HE SAID THAT despite the fact that an Irishman and a Scot have played him, he believes Bond should be English English AND NO IT WAS NOT EVEN REMOTELY referred to ELBA. ELBA'S NAME WAS NOT PART OF THE CONVERSATION. IT WAS A GENERIC COMMENT. Before misconstruing and INVENTING stuff, GO READ THE EXACT QUOTES. THAT I DID NOT MAKE UP, unlike the person quoted.
“A few years ago, I said that Cuba Gooding Jr would make an excellent Bond, but it was a joke!’ Roger shared to Paris Match magazine.
He added, “Although James may have been played by a Scot, a Welshman and an Irishman, I think he should be “English-English”. Nevertheless, it’s an interesting idea, but unrealistic.”
NOW kindly stop saying inaccurate things.
"Are we on coms?"
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

"Are we on coms?"
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Alessandra wrote:
HELL TO THE NO.

Roger Moore said he and DC were the best Bonds ever because they were real Englishmen, unlike the other Bonds, Scot, Aussie, Welshman, Irish.

:lol:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Count_Lippe wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
HELL TO THE NO.

Roger Moore said he and DC were the best Bonds ever because they were real Englishmen, unlike the other Bonds, Scot, Aussie, Welshman, Irish.

Roger actually ranked himself behind Lazenby.. I have to say I find the whole thing extremely fake. I read how he said Connery and Craig are the best Bonds. If it's true not only is he putting himself down but Dalton and Brosnan as well. He also praises Craig way to much and I just don't find it believeable. It not normal to praise someone who is an actual opposite of you. We all have ego.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Veronica wrote:
Count_Lippe wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
HELL TO THE NO.

Roger actually ranked himself behind Lazenby.. I have to say I find the whole thing extremely fake. I read how he said Connery and Craig are the best Bonds. If it's true not only is he putting himself down but Dalton and Brosnan as well. He also praises Craig way to much and I just don't find it believeable. It not normal to praise someone who is an actual opposite of you. We all have ego.
I think Rog is just an all-round nice guy, and has always been self-depreciating about himself. I think part of the praise for Craig is because the franchise is still going after all these years, and he probably feels he is doing the right thing by supporting the franchise that he did so well by.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Sweeney wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Count_Lippe wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
HELL TO THE NO.

I think Rog is just an all-round nice guy, and has always been self-depreciating about himself. I think part of the praise for Craig is because the franchise is still going after all these years, and he probably feels he is doing the right thing by supporting the franchise that he did so well by.
Still it's just waaay too much. Franchise continued with Dalton and Brosnan after he left and I don't see Roger singing praises to them. I think actually read somewhere how he thinks Craig is now better than Connery... one big WTF!! I mean SERIOUSLY?
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica wrote:Still it's just waaay too much. Franchise continued with Dalton and Brosnan after he left and I don't see Roger singing praises to them. I think actually read somewhere how he thinks Craig is now better than Connery... one big WTF!! I mean SERIOUSLY?
Roger has said "Both Sean Connery and I will be forgotten after everybody sees Pierce" at the time of GoldenEye. Although he tends to praise Craig a bit too much for my liking, he has said positive things about the other actors too. It seems his opinion of either Connery or Craig being the best tends to flip-flop, however.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:Still it's just waaay too much. Franchise continued with Dalton and Brosnan after he left and I don't see Roger singing praises to them. I think actually read somewhere how he thinks Craig is now better than Connery... one big WTF!! I mean SERIOUSLY?
Roger has said "Both Sean Connery and I will be forgotten after everybody sees Pierce" at the time of GoldenEye. Although he tends to praise Craig a bit too much for my liking, he has said positive things about the other actors too. It seems his opinion of either Connery or Craig being the best tends to flip-flop, however.
Craig being better than Connery? That's like saying Goldfinger is a bad movie. And I know he said that about Pierce and that's very nice of him. And I think that at least for 5 minutes it was true. Pierce was nailed(quite righty IMHO) as the best since Connery.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Serge Rocco: LA Classic Movies Examiner: "The upcoming James Bond movie teaser is online and, at first glance, looks more like a bleak vampire movie trailer than exotic escapism, which was once the franchise’s beloved trademark. What ever happened to the humor and charm that characterized any James Bond adventure? Up until the 80s, each outing in the series was a hugely anticipated event that placed the suave, cynical and resourceful British spy in the most spectacular, while implausible, situations. Each film in the franchise was pure campy entertainment in which the lead character always got away thanks to his sex appeal and gadgets, i.e., the Lotus Esprit-turned-submarine in The Spy Who Loved Me (United Artists, 1977), the Rolex watch rotating bezel-turned-saw in Live and Let Die (United Artists, 1973).

Spectre trailer takes itself way too seriously and suggests revelation about James Bond’s past, whatever. Or even better, plain boring, who cares? Who wants to know anything about Bond’s past anyway? He isn't a believable character. He is just what every man wants to be: suave, resourceful, brave, endowed of an irresistible and insolent charm every woman falls for, while showing an incredible devotion to his country. The plot in these films is secondary. Their ‘raison d’être’ resides in the over-the-top villains and impossible situations Bond has to face, like when he was pushed out of an aircraft without a parachute in the spectacular opening of Moonraker (United Artists, 1979).

Daniel Craig is an excellent actor, but he is not James Bond. He is too serious, down-to-earth and rough for the part. And, as evidenced by Skyfall’s teary final scene, in which M died in the arms of a sobbing Bond, he is way too sentimental. What about Léa Seydoux as a Bond girl? The French actress, best known to art-house audiences as one of the leads of Cannes Film Festival’s favorite Blue is the Warmest Color (Wild Bunch, 2013) is, to say the least, an odd choice to star as the lead Bond girl. What happened to the glamour?

One also can wonder about the point of spending 300 million dollars on a movie, albeit a Bond film. What justifies such an astronomical number? It is not like the MGM-Columbia co-production is filled with A-listers, apart from two-time Oscar winner Christoph Waltz, to some extent. The German-Austrian actor plays the role of Bond’s eternal nemesis, Ernst Stavro Blofeld, a role previously held by Donald Pleasence, Telly Savalas and Charles Gray.

Sean and Rog, where are you? We miss your charm and humor."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Longtime Bond producer Michael G. Wilson has promised fans that Spectre, the forthcoming 24th film in the 007 series, will have "the biggest opening sequence we've ever done, maybe the biggest sequence we've ever done". Discussing the film's opening sequence with Empire, Wilson teased: " The whole vision that Sam Mendes has come up with is very exciting and amazing. We've got 1,500 extras in Day Of The Dead costumes and make up and we've occupied the centre of Mexico City for days." "The only thing that's come close to it was putting on the carnival in Rio in Moonraker, and I think this is a much bigger operation," added Wilson, who has served as a producer or executive producer on every Bond film since 1979's aforementioned Moonraker. Even though the trailer had just debuted, Wilson said that people were starting to figure out the mystery of the film. "We wanted to create something that was a teaser and a bit of a puzzle and a mystery," Wilson said. "From what I saw online, people are putting it together in a clever way. It's a little puzzle that people can enjoy." Broccoli addressed the issue of the wishy-washy continuity that, far from being a detriment to the franchise, has become something that the fans love. "It's always a challenge. We try to get the right blend of classic Bond with a contemporary twist and come up with new storylines. I think we've done a really good job on this one," Broccoli said. "I think Sam is an amazing director, and we've got a great cast and a great director. So we've got to let the public decide." The producers also teased the importance of Moneypenny, now played by Naomi Harris (Broccoli: "You can't keep this one behind a desk. This Moneypenny is very active. She is key to the story and key to helping Bond on his mission. She's not deskbound." Another rumor that was dismissed was one involving "Spectre" being conceived as a two-part movie. "That's news to me. I suppose people feel that there's been a lot of films that don't want to stop, so they double themselves up to make two movies," Wilson said. "But this is not the case here." There were, of course, leaked emails that also suggested Idris Elba as the frontrunner for Craig's replacement. "I think he'd make a great Bond," Wilson said plainly. Broccoli added (memorably): "I think it's always like asking a woman who is going up the aisle who her next husband is going to be. Daniel Craig is Bond. So ask me when we're looking for a new Bond, which will hopefully not be for a long time." Later, when asked how long Craig has left, Wilson said, "We want him for as long as he'll have us." Broccoli then added, "He's got an OPEN-ENDED CONTRACT ." :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.