The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The fake mask Kris.........the fake mask looks ridiculous :!:
Looks just like Craig to me Image
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:The fake mask Kris.........the fake mask looks ridiculous :!:
Looks just like Craig to me Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Count_Lippe wrote:
Omega wrote:I still don't get what English English is supposed to mean . I don't jump to the conclusion it racist as too many have .
You don't get what English English is supposed to mean? It means English of white ethnicity... not about not being Scottish, Irish or what ever that Alessandra said.

James Bond is of white ethnicity, his ethnicity should not be non-European.

Idris Elba is of African ethnicity living in England and therefore he is not English English, he is African English.

Which is why it sounds racist .
In the US you can bet that kind of reasoning will be called racist . A lefty teacher couldn't say all lives matter because the students were #ing black lives matter.

But from what kris said moores words were taken out of context and used for a question he was not asked. He never said Elba was not English , he didn't say he should/shouldn't be bond either . But I wouldn't be surprised if he endorsed elba after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

It's not racist, it's just not politically correct.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Atticus wrote:
Alessandra wrote: People trying to misconstrue what he [Moore] said are pathetic, and this whole PC thing is well beyond pathetic, too.
Bond not being black has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with the fact that him being a WASP is a DEFINING trait of the character and it DETERMINES who the character is because of his education, background etc. So people need to get the hell over it and they also need to stop using the word racism where it doesn't apply.
This argument for a black Bond seems to be gaining momentum. Reading the readers's comments in the Daily Mail cover of this Moore fiasco, I'd say there are many negative comments about Moore and a lot of positive things about a black Bond and Idris Elba. Such is the state of public consciousness. The PC tribunal has done a great job of indoctrinating the masses. Of course, the tribunal would call me a racist for making such statements. Speaking of which...a friend pointed me to this article (http://thisisinfamous.com/black-bond-ja ... not-white/) that advocates a black Bond; but what I found interesting was how the writer supports his argument.

His logic goes something like this: Bond, the fictional character, can easily be portrayed as a black man because there is no solid foundation in the Fleming books to make him permanently a white guy. (Right away, he's already harking back to that old academic leftist theory of deconstructionism.) You see, Fleming and Conan Doyle and all those other dead white male writers of a certain time in history had no idea what they were doing. They were conditioned to write about white heroes because it's just how they viewed heroes at that time, and this is just the after effects of colonialism, western imperialism, etc. By implication, those of us who just happen to be white, well, we need to be ashamed of our western heritage. Such thinking is straight out of the leftist/progressive mindset. Excerpts:

"For the longest time (and I’m talking about since the inception of Penny Dreadfuls and Pulp Literature right on up to as recently as the late 20th century), heroes and lead protagonists were white not because their creators intended them to be that way but only because “white” was synonymous with being a leader, heroic and slack jawed while “black” was relegated to being lower class and “bad.” James Bond, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, Doc Savage, Allan Quatermain, Philip Marlowe, Batman, Superman… all were prototypes for the modern hero and they were all white because that’s how people viewed their protagonists during the eras of white colonialism, segregation and racial injustice. Their skin colors were not intrinsic to who they were as characters. They were simply “white” because that was how we viewed our heroes at the time."

"...I’ll leave you with this, possibly the most important point I can make about Fleming’s James Bond. He was a product of a post WWII, post British colonial mindset and was an almost fetishized fantasy derived from Fleming’s old-fashioned imagination. It was also Fleming’s attempt to create a British Mike Hammer."

"And you cannot keep that character [Bond] trapped within an eternal time capsule when the world has progressed and changed around him. So bring on an Asian Doc Savage, a Latino Bruce Wayne and, ultimately, a black James Bond."
These feminazis infuriate Me, the same statement's now being made for doctor who (ie he should be female because a stupid throw away line about time lords changing gender was thrown in (never mind that the character since inception was born a male let's make him a female next (like they did with the master....), or change his colour, I have nothing against a spin-off doc being female or asian, black, indian etc and I'm sure there are many actors and actresses who can do the role justice but never make the doc that (and I guess just to clarify (which I shouldn't have to) I am not a racist, imagine rebooting shaft as a white guy?, no Me neither, it's bad enough they did it to the human torch in the nolanised new fantastic boring 4 (which was good before, let's make storm white next), if hollywood and others want this simply create a new character and Ilba is a great actor but no he's not bond (he can be 006, 8 but not 007), it disgusts Me that people want this to happen, I hate craig as bond with a fiery passion but atleast he's still white.

I love Washington in his movies but imagine a white guy playing his role in remakes, it's not right period (imagine making kirk black, captain cisco white etc in star trek).

Bonds legacy has already been pissed on enough and I bet I'll be called a racist for not being racist whatsoever.

I feel sorry for Moore he didn't mean it that way and it shows, bloody media's out to get anyone today.

I'd be equally as pissed off if blade was being played by a white guy or bruce lee a white guy, just leave it the hell alone.

Also in regards to doc who it's very insulting to the very talented, awesome Capaldi as some already want a new actor to take over and I'm disgusted with some parts of the who fandom for that (let him surpass Tom Bakers Tenure).
Last edited by shaken not stirred on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Series 26 is my favourite series of Doctor Who, with my favourite Doctor. And this trailer was fitting for the Craig era as a whole, dreary.
Kristatos wrote:McCoy's final two seasons are one of my favourite eras of the show too. The 1989 reference was to its treatment by the BBC, culminating in its cancellation.
What I hate about the last few classic series is beside how obvious it was the shoestring budget was reduced even further, you could just feel the BBC wanted to kill the series. Quite honestly the heads were embarrassed by it, for whatever reason they couldn't realise the cultural icon they had on their hands let alone the coming global obsession with Doctor Who.

As much as some fans trash the Syl Doc series, the innovations were used in the news series, as well as from the TVM.

Especially the last two series I thought Sly Doc was doing some interesting stories. I can watched just about any of the classic series (for me third doctor on) enjoying them immensely, recently I tired to rewatch the new series from the start I never finished series1, Aliens of London caused me to pack it in. I realised since the re-start of the series I had only rewatched a few hand picked episodes each series, ignoring much of the childish RTD antics.

So thanks RTD and Christopher for helping bring the series back 10 years ago... I just wished you made a few more shows that could stand next to the classic series and a few less fart jokes and magic solutions. Also if you are reading this ' Love and Monsters' is absolute rubbish. Dodged a bullet on that one Christopher.
The Beeb were trying to choke the budget out of the show, but I don't think it was as noticeable during series 26, due to the ammount of location (rather than studio) filming. And the writing improved greatly with series 26.
Blofeld, are you not a fan of the first two Doctors? Hartnell was ok, but Troughton is one of my favourites. Does anyone buy the audio books, and what do you think of them? I do buy them, but I stick to only the 7th Doctor ones.
The Curse of Fenric , good story don't get me wrong. However the production values were so slow I used to cringe watching it, the soldiers storming the beach look particularly bad, for some reason it no longer bothers me. I think you are correct about the on location VS studio over all.

I really like the first two Doctors, the shows on the other hand can be a tad trying, aside from poorly written in some cases the early shows were dragged out. Rewatching early Dalek stories can be trying.
Hartnell's take on the Doctor is very interesting since the Doctor's following him were family friendlier. Troughton is brilliant one of my favourites, really glad he had a chance to come back in a meaningful way with the Two Doctors.

Thinking about this the other day the American accents for Gunfighters & Tomb of the Cybernmen were curious. :)
I'll pick out a Pertwee throu Syl any day of the week over the new series. Even with Colin Baker and that damned Adric ;)

Audio Books or Audio Dramas?
I have a large collection of the Big Finish Audio Dramas, really top notch story telling for all the Doctors. Hit and miss with a few of the stories overall really well done. I'd recommend just about any of the 8th Doctor and the 5ths (the 7th assuming were are talking about the same thing you already know the quality). I do not have any of the newer ones or 4th Doctor.
The Vengeance of Morbius I thought was amazing.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:This matter regarding Moore is being blown ridiculously out of proportion. There wasn't anything racist or wrong with what he said. Hell, the PC brigade is saying a lot worse things about Moore. They don't even bother to consider all the work he has done for charity. He constructively gave his opinion, and they freak out because it's not the answer they want to hear. Then why bother asking Moore to share his thoughts at all?
I personally find it fishy when he was praising Craig as the best Bond ever.I mean,he played Bond for 7 movies if he doesn't know what Bond should be no one does.I mean,Moore played it on the charm and Craig and charm cannot go into the same sentence.And all this is just ridiculous..
I suppose it does hurt his argument a little, but all the accusations about being racist are still uncalled for. Craig may not be the most ideal person to play Bond, but the people who want to change the ethnicity or even gender of Bond's character just takes things way too far.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Yes, sorry, I meant the Big Finish audios.

As a whole, I prefer Classic Who over Modern Who. Though both have Doctors/Companions/Stories that I like/dislike.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Count_Lippe wrote:It's not racist, it's just not politically correct.
I agree 100%

I don't think Moore was talking about Elba if he was he wasn't being racist,

In today's pc world it's so crazy nobody can say any thing.

If you say that man can't be bond because he's black, American , gay, Chinese, a woman , handicapped, you're a sinner to be punished and ridiculed by the same people who will say nobody should be ridiculed and to stop cyber bullying, by pouring a coke on your server apparently.

They wouldn't cast denzel Washington as general Washington but they would push for him to be bond .

Bond has left the category of literary adaption like people still consider Harry Potter, hunger games , divergent , 50 shades, or whatever .

Bond has been around so long people think of it as being another role it doesn't matter who is cast. Thank Craig for destroying the series and cheapening it so every guy thinks he can be better than than bond and most would women agree. Burt Reynolds thinks he should have given bond a go after seeing Craig and he doesn't like Craig

If you were casting a spy movie identical to bond nobody would care you hire Sean connerys clone and every other character identical to the book, the moment you say bond it different . They put you on the defensive with why can't (who ever) be bond? The moment you say white British guy you're done in the mediA. Right now Nobody could say handsome tall with dark hair

ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

bjmdds wrote:You won't believe this :!: -----Image Image Image Image Spot the difference! Daniel Craig's body double films dramatic helicopter fight wearing prosthetic mask... as the Bond actor stays safely on firm ground :!:
OMG :shock:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Poor guy looks like it's glued on . Probably was an Orc in Lotr what a sad step down ;)

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image This one takes the cake :!: Kris, do you still not see how ridiculous this looks in the film? It's like False Face on the Batman tv series. Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Nice the bond crew went on a drunken rampage in a plane triggering international safety alert .

Can't post the link from my phone.

In their defence it was spring break and it is Mexico so they were probably mistaken for a frat.
What they did sounds pretty bad . They luck not to be in Mexican jail . But maybe they should be

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: What they did sounds pretty bad . They luck not to be in Mexican jail . But maybe they should be
I doubt luck had anything to do with it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: What they did sounds pretty bad . They luck not to be in Mexican jail . But maybe they should be
I doubt luck had anything to do with it.
Money seems the right thing.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Omega wrote:Nice the bond crew went on a drunken rampage in a plane triggering international safety alert .

Can't post the link from my phone.

In their defence it was spring break and it is Mexico so they were probably mistaken for a frat.
What they did sounds pretty bad . They luck not to be in Mexican jail . But maybe they should be

Here's the link for the Daily Mail article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... alert.html

The making of Spectre is just out of control. In this new mess, the film crew on a chartered jet, heading for Mexico City:
Vomited and urinated in the aisles
Verbally abused cabin crew and other passengers
Removed a safety pin from one of the aircraft's doors

As Omega states, the rampage has triggered an international safety alert.
Supposedly, investigations are underway.

The article failed to mention that the drunken film crew were actually helping out with the script, and they were just going through the workflow of developing it. :wink:
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

BARBARA BROCCOLI :down: :down: :down: :down:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

This Spectre this really is a mess.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Barbara Broccoli looks rather beautiful though, and she looks very good today for a woman over 50 years old.

The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Count_Lippe wrote:Barbara Broccoli looks rather beautiful though, and she looks very good today for a woman over 50 years old.

I agree..... :happy spin: