The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Count_Lippe
Agent

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Count_Lippe »

Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Veronica wrote:Sir Roger told the truth.Now it seems some people(read:fanboys) think Idris would be a good Bond and everyone who say differently are racist.It's like-white people discriminate black people.Let's make Bond black just to make things clear we have nothing against blacks.They already did similar thing in Skyfall.They made Bond having some experiences with men to proof what?That people have nothing against homosexuals?Lord...
You said it. This whole thing is beyond ridiculous at this point. And I read all the comments, he said absolutely nothing wrong AT ALL.
"Are we on coms?"
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Count_Lippe wrote:Image

This is absolutely true. Every movie Craig does is nailed as "different" "something new" and "more controversial than ever" and everything we get is a rip off of so many other spy/action flicks from Hollywood. Also this "different" was done with the last Bond movie of the 20th century. For the first time there a villian was actually a woman and IMO it had a lot of originality in the terms of the character who were more complexed and also it had subtext. Sadly,all that somehow got overshadowed by the incredibly improbable nuclear scientist and this movies reputation is mostly based around that. Which I think is completely wrong.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:The trailer sealed the deal here.........garbage once again under this corrupt regime that MUST go :!:
Babs needs to go as well.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Alessandra wrote:
Veronica wrote:Sir Roger told the truth.Now it seems some people(read:fanboys) think Idris would be a good Bond and everyone who say differently are racist.It's like-white people discriminate black people.Let's make Bond black just to make things clear we have nothing against blacks.They already did similar thing in Skyfall.They made Bond having some experiences with men to proof what?That people have nothing against homosexuals?Lord...
You said it. This whole thing is beyond ridiculous at this point. And I read all the comments, he said absolutely nothing wrong AT ALL.
the problem is he starts by saying He was joking about a black bond then ends by saying he Elba is not English English . What is that supposed to mean since nobody know they jump to its racist .

I bet Idris Elba would be the first to defend Moore ,

but either the magazine did it on purpose or Moore misspoke . Either that or he didn't get the memo from the pc police last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Veronica wrote:
Count_Lippe wrote:Image

This is absolutely true. Every movie Craig does is nailed as "different" "something new" and "more controversial than ever" and everything we get is a rip off of so many other spy/action flicks from Hollywood. Also this "different" was done with the last Bond movie of the 20th century. For the first time there a villian was actually a woman and IMO it had a lot of originality in the terms of the character who were more complexed and also it had subtext. Sadly,all that somehow got overshadowed by the incredibly improbable nuclear scientist and this movies reputation is mostly based around that. Which I think is completely wrong.
Thunderball Radio Spot
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image ====== Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Go see this instead of SP-ECH-TRE. She is more Bond than Cr-egg and it will be much more fun to watch. :lol:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Yes well Thunderball was nailed by mrketing as "the biggest Bond of all" .it had to be after Goldfinger.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I didn't hate the trailer(yes,yes,I know..) but didn't love it. either....that being said..it needed LESS Naomie Harris. Oh and obvious plot twist is obvious. :|
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

kater23 wrote:I didn't hate the trailer(yes,yes,I know..) but didn't love it. either....that being said..it needed LESS Naomie Harris. Oh and obvious plot twist is obvious. :|
I didn't watch it and I don't intend to. ONLY IF the curiosity get's the worst out of me.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Omega wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
the problem is he starts by saying He was joking about a black bond then ends by saying he Elba is not English English . What is that supposed to mean since nobody know they jump to its racist .

but either the magazine did it on purpose or Moore misspoke . Either that or he didn't get the memo from the pc police last month

He said english english in the context of the quote I posted so that is NOWHERE NEAR racist. AT ALL. He said that despite the fact an Irishman and a Scot played him, he thinks he should be English English. The end.
People trying to misconstrue what he said are pathetic, and this whole PC thing is well beyond pathetic, too.
Bond not being black has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with the fact that him being a WASP is a DEFINING trait of the character and it DETERMINES who the character is because of his education, background etc. So people need to get the hell over it and they also need to stop using the word racism where it doesn't apply. I am the FIRST ONE to defend the rights of people of color and to despise the clear racial bias there is in the US in MANY different fields, but THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE CASES. Period. Just like Elizabeth Bennet isn't black and Moll Flanders isn't black, BOND IS NOT BLACK. THE END. And he should never be, because him being a WASP is who he is. Just like Othello should NEVER EVER be white because him being black DEFINES who he is. It's not rocket science. It's called characterization.

Moore's quotes were LIKE I POSTED, and they are trying to misconstrue them. Nope, sorry. And he's right. Elba should NOT be Bond. On top of everything else, IF ever a black actor were to be Bond? NOT HIM. He is NOT IN THE SAME ZIP CODE AS ATTRACTIVE. Are you kidding me? Have people even looked at his face? PLEASE! There are plenty of black actors who are conventionally attractive and classy, and he isn't one of them. Colin Salmon would be fine, like Pierce said. Now he has the charisma, class and good looks at least. Not Elba.
"Are we on coms?"
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I still don't get what English English is supposed to mean . I don't jump to the conclusion it racist as too many have .

............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video] Go see this instead of SP-ECH-TRE. She is more Bond than Cr-egg and it will be much more fun to watch. :lol:
I'm in. And speaking of alternatives, what about this people? I hope you're not letting me do all the fun in watching this.

ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Craig is too OLD & UGLY...
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:I still don't get what English English is supposed to mean . I don't jump to the conclusion it racist as too many have .

Bond has that kind of western Europe mentality,being English defines him because he does what he does for England. Therefore it would be completely wrong for a guy who doesn't come from that part of the world to be Bond.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Alessandra wrote:
Omega wrote:
Alessandra wrote:

He said english english in the context of the quote I posted so that is NOWHERE NEAR racist. AT ALL. He said that despite the fact an Irishman and a Scot played him, he thinks he should be English English. The end.
People trying to misconstrue what he said are pathetic, and this whole PC thing is well beyond pathetic, too.
Bond not being black has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with the fact that him being a WASP is a DEFINING trait of the character and it DETERMINES who the character is because of his education, background etc. So people need to get the hell over it and they also need to stop using the word racism where it doesn't apply. I am the FIRST ONE to defend the rights of people of color and to despise the clear racial bias there is in the US in MANY different fields, but THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE CASES. Period. Just like Elizabeth Bennet isn't black and Moll Flanders isn't black, BOND IS NOT BLACK. THE END. And he should never be, because him being a WASP is who he is. Just like Othello should NEVER EVER be white because him being black DEFINES who he is. It's not rocket science. It's called characterization.

Moore's quotes were LIKE I POSTED, and they are trying to misconstrue them. Nope, sorry. And he's right. Elba should NOT be Bond. On top of everything else, IF ever a black actor were to be Bond? NOT HIM. He is NOT IN THE SAME ZIP CODE AS ATTRACTIVE. Are you kidding me? Have people even looked at his face? PLEASE! There are plenty of black actors who are conventionally attractive and classy, and he isn't one of them. Colin Salmon would be fine, like Pierce said. Now he has the charisma, class and good looks at least. Not Elba.
I agree. But Bond ISN'T black. It's not me being racist in any way. But why on Earth would anyone make Bond black? Now suddenly Bond needs to be black to show how white people have nothing against blacks?? We DON'T!