The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image Image Setting the pace: The British actor's sprint, while wearing a dapper suit, was not for exercise however as he was filming a scene set during a Day of the Dead carnival for the latest James Bond movie Spectre........Throwback: The carnival-like scenes were reminiscent of the 1973 Bond classic Live And Let Die, which was shot in such locations and New Orleans and Jamaica and featured Mardi Gras-style jazz funerals.........."For the opening of 'Spectre,' we are filming an exciting sequence in Mexico City featuring the Day of the Dead festival. Mexico City was chosen for the film because of the authentic needs of the story. This is the fourth time Bond has been to Mexico and indeed 'License to Kill' was shot almost entirely in Mexico City." [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Napoleon Solo wrote:SPECTRE teaser trailer coming Friday evening.

I can barely contain my excitement. I do hope it contains brief, 2-second flashes of completed footage with a "WHOMPPP!" between each one, followed by a quick burst of the James Bond theme.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Setting the pace: The British actor's sprint, while wearing a dapper suit, was not for exercise however as he was filming a scene set during a Day of the Dead carnival for the latest James Bond movie Spectre........Throwback: The carnival-like scenes were reminiscent of the 1973 Bond classic Live And Let Die, which was shot in such locations and New Orleans and Jamaica and featured Mardi Gras-style jazz funerals.........."For the opening of 'Spectre,' we are filming an exciting sequence in Mexico City featuring the Day of the Dead festival. Mexico City was chosen for the film because of the authentic needs of the story. This is the fourth time Bond has been to Mexico and indeed 'License to Kill' was shot almost entirely in Mexico City."
Hey BJ, I don't know what definitive James Bond authority you gleaned this article from but wouldn't the Junkanoo from, TB or the Samba festival from MR be better comparisons to this scene than the brass band and handful of umbrella toting dancers we see in LALD?

"Mexico City was chosen for the film because of the authentic needs of the story" Yes and not at all for the monetary compensation, because this scene in which Bond chases a non-discript henchman for the PTS could not have been filmed just anywhere!

And finally, I've been known to be a bit slow on occasion, so perhaps one of you good people could tell me the other 3 times Bond has been to Mexico other than LTK in which the country was standing in for the fictitious nation of Isthmus.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:BTW 1986 Pierce made screentest for TLD, he was 33 at the time... :007:
And actually got the role and signed the contract. Pierce first met Cubby in 1981 because his late wife Cassandra was playing a Bond girl. I read how they were playing dinner and Pierce introduced himself as "Bond.James Bond." Cubby after that said:"If he can act he's my guy." That's what it took Cubby to see how Brosnan is Bond. Not his daughter who thinks how British Seagal is the best Bond ever. I was watching documentary and this guy said how they wanted to do the press conference and announce Brosnan as Bond. But then the other house renewed the contract on literary the last possible day. But maybe that was better because then the whole legal dispute came and Pierce woudn't be able to make Bond movies for six years. Oh yeah,that guy said how Pierce seemed like the happiest man alive at that point when he first got the role. I mean... what can I say? If there was an actor who absolutely honored the fact that he got the opportunity to play James Bond. And then years later you say how he'll do another movie because they were so happy with him and all they just booth him OVER THE AGENT.Not to mention how his send-off was a movie that...was DAD.So basically she fires the man who was absolutely honored to do the whole thing to hire a guy who "wanted to get out of it as soon he got in" to quote him. I don't have words for this. Not to mention how the latter is totally and completely wrong for the role and the former was the man who was just born to play it.
R.I.P CUBBY.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

bjmdds wrote:Image Image Image Setting the pace: The British actor's sprint, while wearing a dapper suit, was not for exercise however as he was filming a scene set during a Day of the Dead carnival for the latest James Bond movie Spectre........Throwback: The carnival-like scenes were reminiscent of the 1973 Bond classic Live And Let Die, which was shot in such locations and New Orleans and Jamaica and featured Mardi Gras-style jazz funerals.........."For the opening of 'Spectre,' we are filming an exciting sequence in Mexico City featuring the Day of the Dead festival. Mexico City was chosen for the film because of the authentic needs of the story. This is the fourth time Bond has been to Mexico and indeed 'License to Kill' was shot almost entirely in Mexico City." [video][/video]
Is that Putin?
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

FormerBondFan wrote:Image
Owen Wilson :down: :down:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Kristatos wrote:

I can barely contain my excitement. I do hope it contains brief, 2-second flashes of completed footage with a "WHOMPPP!" between each one, followed by a quick burst of the James Bond theme.
3 bars of the Bond film, and that's yer lot. In the film, there will be an extra 2 bars of the theme.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Kristatos wrote:

It's going to be a crappy overrated horrible trailer that no doubt the public will lap up and call a masterpiece...god I hate this so called era of bond where being dull, unfun, too serious and soap opery is somehow supposed to pass as entertainment...

On another topic, back from seeing Vice President of NIckelodeon Tim Patterson, got some great ideas and real food for thought from him (and showed him My ideas as well which he really liked). I really enjoyed it there.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

VP? Great Shaken.....now stir the pot :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Setting the pace: The British actor's sprint, while wearing a dapper suit, was not for exercise however as he was filming a scene set during a Day of the Dead carnival for the latest James Bond movie Spectre........Throwback: The carnival-like scenes were reminiscent of the 1973 Bond classic Live And Let Die, which was shot in such locations and New Orleans and Jamaica and featured Mardi Gras-style jazz funerals.........."For the opening of 'Spectre,' we are filming an exciting sequence in Mexico City featuring the Day of the Dead festival. Mexico City was chosen for the film because of the authentic needs of the story. This is the fourth time Bond has been to Mexico and indeed 'License to Kill' was shot almost entirely in Mexico City."
Hey BJ, I don't know what definitive James Bond authority you gleaned this article from but wouldn't the Junkanoo from, TB or the Samba festival from MR be better comparisons to this scene than the brass band and handful of umbrella toting dancers we see in LALD?

"Mexico City was chosen for the film because of the authentic needs of the story" Yes and not at all for the monetary compensation, because this scene in which Bond chases a non-discript henchman for the PTS could not have been filmed just anywhere!

And finally, I've been known to be a bit slow on occasion, so perhaps one of you good people could tell me the other 3 times Bond has been to Mexico other than LTK in which the country was standing in for the fictitious nation of Isthmus.
I thought the same thing Dirty one, but the writer thought otherwise.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:

I thought the same thing Dirty one, but the writer thought otherwise.

You know BJ, the amount of uninformed garbage that falls out of the mouth of supposed "Bond experts" never ceases to amaze me.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Isn't the pre-credits scene in GF supposed to be somewhere in Mexico?

But it wasn't shot on location of course.

:lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Skyfall was not shot with IMAX film cameras like The Dark Knight and Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol were. In fact, it wan’t even shot on film — Roger Deakins shot most of the movie with the Arri Alexa M digital camera. Deakins and director Sam Mendes shot the entire film framing for not only the 2.35:1 theatrical aspect ratio, but also a 1:90:1 aspect ratio for the IMAX version of the movie. The result is that you see more in the IMAX version of the movie. Spectre will open in IMAX theaters globally on November 6, 2015. As far as we know, the film isn’t being shot with IMAX cameras. Rather, Spectre will be digitally remastered to bring it in line with IMAX’s image and sound quality standards. Image Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video]
That was almost as gripping as my latest chapter for the SPECTRE novelisation. Except that was supposed to be boring.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Dia De Los Muertos(Day Of The Dead) is ruined for me now(I live in an area where DOTD is kind of a big deal.)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Count_Lippe wrote:Isn't the pre-credits scene in GF supposed to be somewhere in Mexico?

But it wasn't shot on location of course.

:lol:
That scene did spring to mind Count, however we are never told what country he's in, it could be anywhere from Tierra Del Fuego to Tijuana, or any number of Spanish speaking islands in the Caribbean.

I'm not expert on the books but if memory serves in the Novel GF this scene takes place in Central America and seeing how especially early on Cubby and Saltzman were sticklers to the books that is where I assumed to took place.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Almost forgot to add, if we assume that is what they're talking about along with LTK we're still one Mexico trip short of the "3 previous times Bond has been to Mexico"
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Could it perhaps be the pre-credits scene in DAF?

They address Blofeld as Señor Blofeld in that scene.