The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

WIKI must be wrong with $32 million.....I think they meant $32 million pounds??????
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Wiki can be edited (though I don't know if a source is needed), but most other sites list $32M as the budget.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Last night on ABC tv my favorite country gal had a special highlighting her ended Las Vegas show the past 2 years. I saw her live twice over the years in NY and NJ. :up:
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Wiki can be edited (though I don't know if a source is needed), but most other sites list $32M as the budget.
they did a similar trick with cr before it was out they claimed Brosnan wanted to much money and they were making the movies cheaper now. But they mislead people using 100 million figure forgetting to say what currency it was in. Both cr budgets show up to this day.

I ran a on line currency converter set for the summer of 89 it took 42 million usd to 27 million gbp so depending when maybe that's it.

But there are quotes from people involved with the movie saying it cost " 32 million", but who knows what they meant
the fact tld cost $40 million is fairly solid, so I don't see how ltk is made for less when it had better sets and stuff.

Still ltk & ge are the last bonds to look good and not cost more than $150 million. The art of making a bond movie was lost starting 1997. Not saying anything about Brosnan just talking about how they made the movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kingsman surges back to 2nd in a weak weekend . World wide total $210 million another 90 and they made money for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

OHHHH my darlings.... I come bearing VERY GOOD goodies.

MY BELOVED, ADORED, Honey Ryder, aka URSULA ANDRESS, spoke out and SPOKE THE TRUTH. On Italy's most prestigious and biggest newspaper, no less.
Quote: "Daniel Craig? He is a very good actor, but he is not James Bond."

She said this to Italian host Ezio Greggio the other night at the Monte Carlo comédie festival, where she remembered all her famous film partners, including Marcello Mastroianni. "Connery has no rivals as 007. All the other actors who interpreted the role should just admit that he was by far the best."

I LOVE HER!!!! LOL
"Are we on coms?"
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Alessandra wrote:OHHHH my darlings.... I come bearing VERY GOOD goodies.

MY BELOVED, ADORED, Honey Ryder, aka URSULA ANDRESS, spoke out and SPOKE THE TRUTH. On Italy's most prestigious and biggest newspaper, no less.

She said this to Italian host Ezio Greggio the other night at the Monte Carlo comédie festival, where she remembered all her famous film partners, including Marcello Mastroianni. "Connery has no rivals as 007. All the other actors who interpreted the role should just admit that he was by far the best."

I LOVE HER!!!! LOL
:lol:

Glad that made you happy Ale.
Not to put a damper on what she said, but it looks like she was dissing all the Bond actors, not just Craig, against Connery who she obviously liked a lot when making Dr. No.

It seems to be a common trait that the Bond girl always champions the actor she starred with as Bond, and rates him above all the others (although I seriously doubt Diana Rigg would with her Bond... :twisted: )
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

:lol: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

The Sweeney wrote:

I LOVE HER!!!! LOL

Not to put a damper on what she said, but it looks like she was dissing all the Bond actors, not just Craig, against Connery who she obviously liked a lot when making Dr. No.

It seems to be a common trait that the Bond girl always champions the actor she starred with as Bond, and rates him above all the others (although I seriously doubt Diana Rigg would with her Bond... :twisted: )
LOL nope, she SPECIFICALLY dissed Craig when asked, with the quote I said. THe others she didn't name or diss directly at all, she simply said Connery was the best, which is true.
SO this makes me double happy :lol:
Sorry, I love when a woman, and one of my absolute favorite Bond girls no less, takes charge and tells the truth. LOL.
That said of course, I know you enjoy Craig and that's fine by me of course LOL. Not like I want everyone NOT to enjoy what I don't enjoy. I'm just glad that the IT Bond girl and the original one dissed him :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Published on Feb 28, 2015
Milano, 28 feb. (askanews) - Sean è Sean, e come 007 non ha rivali: parola della ex bond girl Ursula Andress. Abiti casual e cappellino in testa, 79 anni il 19 marzo, l'attrice che ha fatto sognare milioni di spettatori con quel bikini indossato nel film "007 licenza di uccidere" è nel Principato di Monaco per ricevere il premio di "Donna più affascinante del cinema" alla dodicesima esizione del Monte-Carlo Film Festival di Ezio Greggio. Un'occasione per ricordare quel film che la lanciò nel 1962 "Io sono la stata la più fortunata perché dopo 50 anni si ricorda ancora il mio film, è stato per me il primo", ha ricordato. Sempre in tema di agenti segreti, quasi inutile chiederle quale sia il suo preferito. Ursula Andress ha bocciato Daniel Craig come James Bond. "Mi piace come attore ma è difficile seguire a Sean, aveva magnetismo, savoir fair, è difficle. Craig è un bravo attore ma Sean è Sean". In "007 Licenza di uccidere" la sua uscita dall'acqua come una venere moderna è considerata una delle scene più conosciute e più sexy della storia del cinema: "Sono stata fortunata perché non ho fatto assolutamente niente, sono uscita dall'acqua, tutto qua". Ora come bond girl è il turno di Monica Bellucci: "Non so che parte faccia ma la Bellucci è una bellissima donna", ha concluso.........
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Alessandra wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

I LOVE HER!!!! LOL

LOL nope, she SPECIFICALLY dissed Craig when asked, with the quote I said. THe others she didn't name or diss directly at all, she simply said Connery was the best, which is true.
Sorry, I love when a woman, and one of my absolute favorite Bond girls no less, takes charge and tells the truth. LOL.
That said of course, I know you enjoy Craig and that's fine by me of course LOL. Not like I want everyone NOT to enjoy what I don't enjoy. I'm just glad that the IT Bond girl and the original one dissed him :lol:
And she is still the hottest Bond girl in my eyes..... :happy spin:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Apparently, DC is playing Bond again in a sketch for Comic Relief. Obviously hoping for a repeat of the Olympic boost.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

The Sweeney wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

I LOVE HER!!!! LOL

And she is still the hottest Bond girl in my eyes..... :happy spin:
Oh, we are in agreement Sweeney. I think she is impossible to top. I liked others, but Honey Ryder is Honey Ryder.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This is utterly ridiculous and unless this uncreative regime goes I could care less who the 7th 007 is :!: FBF is correct :!: The hell with this franchise with Broccoli and these moronic directors :!: .......James Bond's new story will focus on his childhood, director Sam Mendes has revealed. "In this movie, Spectre, what you have is a movie entirely driven by Bond. He is on a mission from the very beginning. He is on the hunt, on the trail of somebody," Mendes says. He added it would be tied to the "crucial story of Bond's childhood" but gave no further details. "It's about whether or not to pursue the life he's always pursued, whether he matters and is he going to continue or not," Mendes said. "And you're going to have to come to see the movie to find out whether he does." Mendes said that he wouldn't direct another Bond after Skyfall, saying he wanted to focus on theatre instead. However, he explains in the video that he couldn't resist taking up the licence to kill again. "The reasons I'm doing the second Bond movie are the reasons I would do any movie, really, which is all to do with the story," Mendes said. :cuss: :cuss: :down: :down: :down: :down: [video][/video]

OPINIONS R US 2 days ago
Give us back the old, reliably entertaining, light-hearted, debonair Bond. Not this pretentious mix of psychological drama and cartoon plots. Skyfall was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, leave alone the worst Bond.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

bjmdds wrote:OPINIONS R US 2 days ago
Give us back the old, reliably entertaining, light-hearted, debonair Bond. Not this pretentious mix of psychological drama and cartoon plots. Skyfall was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, leave alone the worst Bond.

Not too light, I hope. I'd hate to see the series fall back to cheesy bad puns. A fine balance should be sought.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I guarantee you that SP-ECHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-TRE will show flashbacks to Bond as a child in an orphanage or something related to that. Do not be surprised if sexual abuse will also be thrown into the Mendes sick minded plot. :roll: Give me back the days of Moonraker and YOLT or some far out space themed Bond film and not this disgraceful display being shoveled by Broccoli and Mendes, even with Pascal now out of the picture.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:SP-ECHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-TRE
Mind if I don't type that every time I want to refer to the film? Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Kingsman now at $212 million worldwide, with Germany, Brazil and China still to open. OK, it's not Skyfall numbers, but it's an R-rated indie. And Bourne didn't do Skyfall numbers either, but still had EON playing catch-up (badly).
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Mendes is ruining the franchise with his psychotic obsessions of first Mommie Dearest in SK-Awful and now his revealed plot with Bond's childhood emotional development with a damaged friend, who grows up to attempt to take over the world at Bond's expense :!: :roll: ............"James Bond director Sam Mendes has released information about the upcoming 007 film, saying "Spectre" will answer questions concerning Bond's childhood. The 24th James Bond movie "Spectre" is due out in theaters on Nov. 6, and director Sam Mendes revealed the plot will revolve around the spymaster's childhood and why Bond came to be an orphan. When Sony Pictures first released the "Spectre" behind-the-scenes featurette last month, audiences were treated to action footage shot on snowy mountains, unaware of the film revolving around the the all-important story of the British spy's past, a theme the last 22 Bond films never visited until "Skyfall" in 2012. "Skyfall" hinted at what was supposedly a tragic childhood Bond experienced in his native Scotland after both his parents died. Mendes has hinted "Spectre" will focus on Bond seeking the truth behind his parents' demise. "Spectre," which will be Daniel Craig's fourth 007 film, is also rumored to be his last." (let's hope so) :!: :cheers: