The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

LONDON, Feb. 24 (UPI) -- Monica Bellucci says she is a Bond woman, not a girl.
The 50-year-old actress will portray Lucia Sciarra in Spectre, becoming the oldest James Bond love interest since Honor Blackman, then 39, as Pussy Galore. Bellucci admitted she was surprised when approached for the role in an interview with The London Times.

"I just blurted out: I'm not a girl, I'm a woman. I'm a mature woman. Do I have to replace Judi Dench?" she recalled of her initial conversation with director Sam Mendes. "Why do you call me? I'm 50 years old. What am I going to do in James Bond?"

At 50, Bellucci is four years older than current James Bond actor Daniel Craig. The star said Mendes told her, "For the first time in history, James Bond is going to have a story with a mature woman. The concept is revolutionary."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image This will be Avatar-like at the box office IMO.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Glad they found that guy guilty in the American sniper murder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

:up:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/cultura ... 45a3c.html

I am going to translate this for you all later because it is hilarious but DO YOU SEE what the hell he's wearing? He is only wearing HALF the suit because the scene shows the upper part only. Brosnan or his predecessors would never have done that, period. You wear the whole d**n suit. He's wearing baggy jeans and a horrid pair of trainers underneath. He was shooting an action scene in the car with a stuntman and poor wittle Daniel hit his head against the roof of the car because they hit a bump (I wish I was kidding) and had to be checked out by paramedics.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image I am sure when they checked out his 'wittle' cranium they found nothing inside of it :!: He looks feebleminded.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That's kind of fun when do the bonds curse stories begin

Why was he doing rude my with the stunt man anyhow? Was there another steering wheel and he was pretending to drive ?

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Craig is so lazy he will probably do a Seagal in his future Bond movies: just be on set for three weeks and use body doubles.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Will this be the last Bond film and after this 007 goes into retirement?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Count_Lippe wrote:Will this be the last Bond film and after this 007 goes into retirement?
It'd have to do LTK numbers for that to happen.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

$156M taking on a $32M budget isn't anything to sniff at. It was enough for attentioon to be turned to Bond #17...

I don't know if Spectre can do Skyfall numbers (I believe Skyfall was helped greatly by the series' 50th anniversary), but no doubt it'll make EON happy.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:$156M taking on a $32M budget isn't anything to sniff at. It was enough for attentioon to be turned to Bond #17...

I don't know if Spectre can do Skyfall numbers (I believe Skyfall was helped greatly by the series' 50th anniversary), but no doubt it'll make EON happy.
I dunno. I like Dalton and ltk but what hurt it was that it ended in the red financially. As did qos as well. At on time We had the real totals and the real takes the studio get. So we talked this to death before
Problem with sp is it's almost $400 million probably be another 200-300 in prints and advertising. They literally have to make sf money to break even.
Even the product placements are not going to make a dent.

On paper they'll say we made $700 million but they don't get 100% of the ticket price either. So maybe they get 350 million if they are lucky.

I don't know why bond movies are so expensive now, they'll spend for 1 what even with inflation they used to make several. I think ge was the last smartly made bond. Movies like kingsman prove a bond movie could be made for under $100 mil. Tnd on the budgets are crazy. Even discount what the star gets. It's too much

The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

[video][/video]
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

What a pretentious arse.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Another puff piece with Mendes doing basically belly-to-belly sales. The hilarious line for me is right near the beginning when he says he was drawn to this project because of the story. What friggin' story? From those email leaks, as late as November 2014 the loony-tune Amy Pascal was complaining there was no solid script. They obviously went out of the gates here, shooting action set pieces primarily, and you can be sure the deranged duo Purvis and Wade are stringing it all together into some kind of narrative as filming goes on. Mendes himself originally blew off the producers for a second outing but was obviously lured back because of a fat paycheck. That's the only reality behind his mask. As my Uncle Fast Eddie would say, "Bury enough green in a land fill, and you'll see even a king willing to dive in and dig it out."
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Atticus wrote:Mendes himself originally blew off the producers for a second outing but was obviously lured back because of a fat paycheck.
That's what instantly came to mind upon hearing his first line about why he came back to make another Bond film.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Atticus wrote:Mendes himself originally blew off the producers for a second outing but was obviously lured back because of a fat paycheck.
That's what instantly came to mind upon hearing his first line about why he came back to make another Bond film.
If it bombs or is another qos that video will disappear and it will be a writers strike or somebody else's fault the movie sucks.

He thinks people are too stupid to remember what he said. Maybe he likes the crap story that was unfinished as he started filming, but it was the zeroes added to his bank account that got him on the job.

Some places this plays well. Loyal drones excited about such a great sign the movie the rest of the world has seen the script for is so good.
A lot more people remember the history leading up to the present thanks to the Internet. It's not the dark ages where he can say anything and nobody will remember what he said earlier. It's all a Google search away.

Bond didn't do this when Dalton was bond , there were all sorts if stunts for attention and the news papers would make up positive bs but nobody felt the stars and directors had to get out there and lie about why they are making the movie and talk up the story to be high minded art.

Bring back bond d**n it!

shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Hey all been really busy but back with some sad news :( (R.I.P Spock (Leonard Nimoy) may you live long and propser up in heaven. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31662024 :(

As for this new bond film more bond childhood trauma pass Me a sick bucket, it really needs the daddy didn't care song from austin powers 3 gold member now..oh the angst, what a joke and people will watch and defend this tripe... :|

It also looks like I won't be starting that animation assistant job for a fair while yet :( but will get the call when it's happening, I'm also going to see the vice president of Nickelodeon next month down in Camden office in London, showed him some of My work via email (drawings and animation), found him through a friend who used to work with My dad (she saw him at a football match with her kids), I really hope I can get something good out of this and I'll be chatting to him for an hour.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Live long and prosper........and don't smoke :!: Terrible news about the beloved Spock. Was he to be in the next film?