The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

FBF will appreciate the attention Pierce has there. :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This week's Radio Times has an article on Kingsman: The Secret Service that makes its opposition to the current direction of the Bond films quite explicit. A quote from Matthew Vaughn, "Nobody comes out of a Bond film with a smile on their face any more" is enlarged as a sub-heading. On the other hand, Vaughn claims to have pitched Daniel Craig to babbzy@aol.com, so two cheers at best from me. I'm not sure if that makes him a "friend" or an "enemy", because I'm not in f**king primary school.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

carl stromberg wrote:If Craig had not been cast as Bond he would have made several Van Damme/Seagal straight to DVD films appearing as the villian. :wink:
If Brosnan had not been cast as Bond, he could have made Live Wire 2 and Detonator/Night Watch 3, 4 & 5 and maybe even Taffin 2: She Isn't LIVING HERE. :wink:

And for what it's worth, Van Damme is my favourite action star, straight to DVD or not.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:If Craig had not been cast as Bond he would have made several Van Damme/Seagal straight to DVD films appearing as the villian. :wink:
If Brosnan had not been cast as Bond, he could have made Live Wire 2 and Detonator/Night Watch 3, 4 & 5 and maybe even Taffin 2: She Isn't LIVING HERE. :wink:

And for what it's worth, Van Damme is my favourite action star, straight to DVD or not.
I would have loved a third Mike Graham film!

Brosnan was in tv film hell in the early 90's but Bond allowed him to do many different roles and produce his own films and be very busy.
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF will appreciate the attention Pierce has there. :up:
Pierce is rather underappreciated these days ever since after GE. Tim, on the hand, has been picking up the pace since Hot Fuzz but as a supporting player.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This topic thread is approaching half a "million" views quite soon. :yay: A lot of discussion has been done here all do to Broccoli's miscasting of Bond. If she had chosen someone more 'normal' for Bond, this website would never have been spawned and we would never have gotten to know each other over the past 8 years now :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:FBF will appreciate the attention Pierce has there. :up:
Pierce is rather underappreciated these days ever since after GE. Tim, on the hand, has been picking up the pace since Hot Fuzz but as a supporting player.
His Bondish Superbowl ad is pretty important and I don't see Broccoli's creation doing one.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Almost feel sorry for Pierce making a Kia ad. Connery did a similar ad where he got younger as he drove it was not a exotic Bond choice like Jaguar or BWM. Both ad (Connery and Pierce)are well done. :up:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Good game took a long time to get going. Sorry ne won.

The ad for Brosnan was almost perfectly timed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

BTW Kia is not that bad a company . They are owned by Hyundai kind of like Audi and vw. They are up and coming like the Japanese 30 years ago.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I wanted Seattle to win but well done Patriots.

LOVED Pierce's Kia ad

NBC was promoting the cr@p out of their new shows..would have been better to show the ads for S3 of Hannibal, IMO. Promote it more than they have in the past.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:I wanted Seattle to win but well done Patriots.

LOVED Pierce's Kia ad

NBC was promoting the cr@p out of their new shows..would have been better to show the ads for S3 of Hannibal, IMO. Promote it more than they have in the past.
that's the truth ! Most of the shows were crap I'd never watch or care about the Hannibal teaser is interesting . Maybe they thought it'd put off the family friendly audience the nascar ad was aimed at.

The ad that " got me " was the fake tv signal failure for the Chevy Colorado. Which unless they redid it, all it is, is a rebadged 4 cylinder Isuzu truck

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Watched blacklist after the game interesting show didn't expect such cold blooded ness from star gates Daniel Jackson , crappy cliff hanger though

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

That Chevy ad gave my mom, dad, nephew and I a heart attack! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Given the fact that Spectre is being released in 2015 I find it quite interesting that the winner of this race last year is one of the strong Kentucky Derby contenders in 3 short months, the same year. Could it be an omen? [video][/video] http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... hua-stakes
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Two more actors are set to join the cast of "Spectre," the much anticipated Bond 24 film. According to sources at The James Bond Dossier Detlef Bothe and Brigitte Millar will both be playing villains, presumably as members of SPECTRE.

Detlef Bothe, 49, is a German actor with over 70 film credits under his belt, though an American audience may have a hard time putting a face to his name. However, he has the perfect face for a villain. He is tall, bald, with intense blue eyes and an intimidating gaze. We guess this is why he was chosen to play a bad guy. He is credited as "man in cable car" on IMDB. He will be playing opposite "Q," Ben Whishaw, in what is sure to be an intense action sequence. The scene was shot on the cable cars at a ski resort in Solden. He will also be in a few more scenes as he pursues "Q."

The second actor to be confirmed is Brigitte Millar. She is probably best known for her role as Emmeline Vance in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." Her agent refused to release too many details , but what is known is that she will be needed for scenes shot at Pinewood Studios and in Rome, later this year. It was also confirmed that she would be going against Bond (Daniel Craig) in the film.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now a Batman v Superman supposed major spoiler, ONLY for those who want to know it now. Do NOT open it unless you want to see where this pile of junk film is descending to:
Spoiler
But how can General Zod return if he died? ComicBook.com has uncovered a juicy rumor on how this could be possible, and it involves General Zod becoming one of Superman’s greatest foes: Doomsday. “His corpse [gets] stolen (or perhaps just acquired, given his military contacts in most versions of the modern mythology) by Lex Luthor and experimented on, presumably in the hopes of finding a weakness to exploit against Superman.” The site continues, “in the course of his experimenting, we’ve been told that he ‘triggers the Doomsday genome,’ causing the corpse to reanimate as the mindless killing machine at the center of The Death of Superman.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Stick him in a wax museum already. The trailer comes out in May as well.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Now a Batman v Superman supposed major spoiler, ONLY for those who want to know it now. Do NOT open it unless you want to see where this pile of junk film is descending to:
Spoiler
But how can General Zod return if he died? ComicBook.com has uncovered a juicy rumor on how this could be possible, and it involves General Zod becoming one of Superman’s greatest foes: Doomsday. “His corpse [gets] stolen (or perhaps just acquired, given his military contacts in most versions of the modern mythology) by Lex Luthor and experimented on, presumably in the hopes of finding a weakness to exploit against Superman.” The site continues, “in the course of his experimenting, we’ve been told that he ‘triggers the Doomsday genome,’ causing the corpse to reanimate as the mindless killing machine at the center of The Death of Superman.”
Never liked doomsday. You know who had better story in smallville,
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Image Stick him in a wax museum already. The trailer comes out in May as well.
was he just maced then sprayed with pam?