The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I think of TLD as a Spy Thriller more than anything else. LTK was an action thriller, and all the films since have been pure action films.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

A supposed HUGE Avengers 2 spoiler for those who want to know it:
Spoiler
There’s a definite possibility that the call sheet is giving us a big late development in Age of Ultron, with the Vision killing the Avengers’ cloud-connected foe and establishing himself as a trustworthy member of the team. "We know that Thor: Ragnarok is chronologically right after Avengers 2 and that "Ragnarok" in the comics starts and ends with death," reads the spoilers in the article. The report notes that Thor, the Norse god, will be first member of superheroes' team to bite the dust in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." When the hammer wielding god dies, the superheroes must find the one who can lift Thor's hammer. According to the theory presented by the website, this is where The Vision comes into the scene. The Vision reportedly will be "the most worthy among the Avengers" to be able to lift Thor's hammer. He will then use the powerful weapon against Ultron. "The Vision helps the Avengers defeat Ultron and Ragnarok starts," the report notes. The theory reportedly explains the scene in the trailer where each one of the superheroes is seen attempting to lift the hammer.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:A supposed HUGE Avengers 2 spoiler for those who want to know it:
Spoiler
There’s a definite possibility that the call sheet is giving us a big late development in Age of Ultron, with the Vision killing the Avengers’ cloud-connected foe and establishing himself as a trustworthy member of the team. "We know that Thor: Ragnarok is chronologically right after Avengers 2 and that "Ragnarok" in the comics starts and ends with death," reads the spoilers in the article. The report notes that Thor, the Norse god, will be first member of superheroes' team to bite the dust in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." When the hammer wielding god dies, the superheroes must find the one who can lift Thor's hammer. According to the theory presented by the website, this is where The Vision comes into the scene. The Vision reportedly will be "the most worthy among the Avengers" to be able to lift Thor's hammer. He will then use the powerful weapon against Ultron. "The Vision helps the Avengers defeat Ultron and Ragnarok starts," the report notes. The theory reportedly explains the scene in the trailer where each one of the superheroes is seen attempting to lift the hammer.
DC Bond spoilers only.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

BJ.....dude....you're posting Avengers 2 spoilers. You're so messed up on this one man. Do you have a BRAIN??????
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:BJ.....dude....you're posting Avengers 2 spoilers. You're so messed up on this one man. Do you have a BRAIN??????
He used spoiler tags, so people who don't want to read them don't have to. I fail to see anything wrong with his post.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:BJ.....dude....you're posting Avengers 2 spoilers. You're so messed up on this one man. Do you have a BRAIN??????
It's for those who want to read spoilers. If you don't, don't read it. I even stated it's a potential HUGE spoiler. Some may want to know what's out there. Brain? I think I have a very good one FBF. Messed up on what man, DC? Are you kidding me or what? Now YOU make zero sense. My contempt for Cr-egg has NOTHING to do with us exploring other franchises Bond is in competition with.
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
He used spoiler tags, so people who don't want to read them don't have to. I fail to see anything wrong with his post.
Correct. It's for those with curiosity about other franchise news and it's their call whether or not to open it.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

If I want to post spoilers even with spoiler tags, I wouldn't do it on Avengers since they're our friends although they're no longer our best weapons against our enemies which of course DC Bonds or Garfield the Cats Spidey to some extent.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The script for Spectre has been "spoiled" internationally. I doubt the huge box office the Avengers 2 will do will affect Spectre at all 6 months later. They are 2 separate entities. The Avengers sequel might pass $1.5-2 billion at the box office. What we need is audience apathy to Cr-egg, and Spectre underperforming at the box office, and Pascal being ousted at Sony, leading to the removal of DC as Bond. Garfield might be history as Spiderman and rightly so.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I never said anything about Avengers 2 affecting Spectre. What I'm saying is that the Avengers is our friend, and we should not post spoilers even if it means using spoiler tags.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Will you see Star Wars if Cr-egg is a stormtrooper? Is Star Wars now our 'enemy'?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Will you see Star Wars if Cr-egg is a stormtrooper? Is Star Wars now our 'enemy'?
DC is not the problem as he is just a pawn. I would prefer him in Trek but rather in the prime universe that we grew up with. Anyway, Babs is the real, big problem.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Below zero wind chills in NYC tonight with 6-12 inches of snow forecasted for Sunday thru Monday again :!: :cuss:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Will you see Star Wars if Cr-egg is a stormtrooper? Is Star Wars now our 'enemy'?
DC is not the problem as he is just a pawn. I would prefer him in Trek but rather in the prime universe that we grew up with. Anyway, Babs is the real, big problem.
Broccoli has always been the threat to a normalized Bond. It's hard to believe but since Pierce was fired, there have been only 3 supposed Bond films in the last 13 years since 2002 :!:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Broccoli has always been the threat to a normalized Bond. It's hard to believe but since Pierce was fired, there have been only 3 supposed Bond films in the last 13 years since 2002 :!:
James Bond is history as long as Babs is in control.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
I could care less what movies he is in. SW with Craig or w/o Craig no big deal. If he's playing a bad guy he'll actually be better at that than when he tries to be the main lead and hero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Omega wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
I could care less what movies he is in. SW with Craig or w/o Craig no big deal. If he's playing a bad guy he'll actually be better at that than when he tries to be the main lead and hero

If Craig had not been cast as Bond he would have made several Van Damme/Seagal straight to DVD films appearing as the villian. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

carl stromberg wrote:
Omega wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:

If Craig had not been cast as Bond he would have made several Van Damme/Seagal straight to DVD films appearing as the villian. :wink:
that might be true. We also might have a Cowboys and aliens trilogy ;)

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

thesundaytimes.co.uk:"FANS of vintage Bond films might appreciate the broad streak of parody in Kingsman: The Secret Service. If, on the other hand, your knowledge of 007 doesn’t extend much beyond the toughened-up films of the Daniel Craig era — perhaps because you’re a teenager, the audience Kingsman has foremost in mind — then maybe you’ll see this Matthew Vaughn film as a fantastical new kind of popcorn movie in which secret agents are weirdly preoccupied with fine tailoring and killer gadgets that look like pens and cigarette lighters."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FBF check this out. It's pretty clever
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ-mwaDODt8