The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

John P. Drake wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
Omega wrote:Craig couldn't pull off the serious Dalton movies. It would become a family drama with Craig.
It has become a family drama, the films are now shameless oscar bait. I have given up hoping that the next film will be either an entertaining slice of escapism or (prefferrably) a classy spy thiller. At least until the next spring clean at camp EON...
I've given up on Bond completely. It's only a blast now, a buggered blast. The family dramas were CR and QoS, but SF changed it to melodramatic soap operas. Now, Bond is supposed to find out who his adoptive father was, his blood ties, if he was the descendant of a mythical king or something...Fleming must be spinning in his grave. It's like saying Bruce Wayne is the descendant of King Arthur. *Facepalm*
An adoptive father, what the hell? Bond didn't have an adpotive father, after the death of his parents. he went to live with his aunt. Well done EON, an adoptive parent with wasn't ever mentioned by in the books, that's very Fleming. Still sticking close the the literary Bond I see...

The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

dirtybenny wrote:Image
Daniel Craig shows how many more Bond films he is under contract to ruin.
I have to laugh when some of the fans say Craig still looks good enough to make 8 Bond films as the producers originally intended, or possibly more. Can you imagine this Bond soap opera still going on when Craig is in his sixties?
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

John P. Drake wrote:
Omega wrote:Craig couldn't pull off the serious Dalton movies. It would become a family drama with Craig.
It has become a family drama, the films are now shameless oscar bait. I have given up hoping that the next film will be either an entertaining slice of escapism or (prefferrably) a classy spy thiller. At least until the next spring clean at camp EON...
I've given up on Bond completely. It's only a blast now, a buggered blast. The family dramas were CR and QoS, but SF changed it to melodramatic soap operas. Now, Bond is supposed to find out who his adoptive father was, his blood ties, if he was the descendant of a mythical king or something...Fleming must be spinning in his grave. It's like saying Bruce Wayne is the descendant of King Arthur. *Facepalm*
An adoptive father, what the hell? Bond didn't have an adpotive father, after the death of his parents. he went to live with his aunt. Well done EON, an adoptive parent with wasn't ever mentioned by in the books, that's very Fleming. Still sticking close the the literary Bond I see...

Yes, the one Hans Oberhauser who taught Bond skiing when he was on trip to Austria originally, is now turned out to be his adoptive father. Lol! I've no idea if this a spy story or just flashbacks of a failure unable to know what he has to do with his life. :lol: We already know the film, don't need to watch it.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Moved a few threads to global and sorted a few others to their proper place.
The Unofficial novelization discussion were moved to global as well as the Advent Calendar Carl put together. Loving the Calender :cheers:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Ale: Sorry the whoopdie doo wasn't aimed at you ( I just know that it means bugger all for bond, he still wont have his dignity, or class that's all down the drain, he wont change and god knows when it will be for the better, vodka martini or not).

As for bond having an adoptive father, what is this tripe? and I also laugh at everyone who thinks craig is looking better for a few more films (he isn't).

Daltonite: Awesome gif and that about says it all (not about sean of the dead which is awesome but about bond today, it's nothing but artsy fartsy touchie feelie soap opera crap with the name 007 thrown in for the hell of it).
Last edited by shaken not stirred on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny wrote:Image
Here we see actor Daniel Craig doing what he loves best, awkwardly staring at his nieghbors in his bathrobe.

Daniel Craig shows how many more Bond films he is under contract to ruin.

Daniel Craig on the set of his new vampire movie where he has the lead role of Count Mediocrity.
I thought the same thing about the vampire look Benny but I thought Cr-egg was more Renfield than Dracula, but it's the same genre any way. You cannot make this stuff up. Cr-egg is rotten to the core as Bond and his horrible looks have gone virally horrid now as Bond :!:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Craig's expression in that third picture is similar to this one of the Grinch:

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Lea Seydoux on her character:"She's strong but she's like (James) Bond in a way. She's strong and she's very sensitive. She's very fragile and I think that Bond is the same way so she became more masculine and I think "Bond is more feminine". I think (James Bond) brings something very modern because he has this duality and I think that's what we like to see; more like tortured."............this is why Cr-egg's era is a disgrace and the feminization of Bond by Broccoli MUST end :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to Comicbook.com, Waltz was speculated earlier to be a cover for Ernst Stavro Blofeld, head of Spectre. He then clarifies that his character is not the head of the fictional terrorist organization. In an interview with Collider, the actor was asked if he was the Head of the fictitious group, to which he answers “No. No. It's something more interesting than that.”
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Here's something to bring a tear to your eye...

:(

For 2002, there was a fair amount of Dalton in that trailer.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Here's something to bring a tear to your eye...

The editing, the music, the narrative, the aspects...
It's a lost art. I'm speechless.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Here's something to bring a tear to your eye...

The glory days of bond, how I miss thee :( , sooner these soul searching non bond films end the better.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

I think DirtyBenny summed it up quite well in his rants. Bond is an emasculated character now. And we will never get it back unless some miracle happens. Perhaps Babs steps down? An impossibility becoming a reality? Ohh, and eliminate every detail of political correctness from the franchise. Every last detail and throw the character back to his Connery recipe. That "sexist dinosaur, a relic from the Cold War." That is James Bond! But I don't think that will happen in my lifetime.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Seydoux said they will explore her masculine side and Bond's "feminine" side :!: DONE :!: Morons :!: They just don't get it. Women are secondary in a Bond film, fact. Bond IS the hero, the ONLY character that matters. Adding women and elevating their importance to gun-toting field agents like Moneypenny, or any M being given more than 5 minutes of screen time is wrong for the franchise. It's not sexist, it's just THAT's the allure of Bond, James Bond, and redefining characters to new ethnicities for politically correct inclusion is poetic injustice to Fleming as well. This all started with Dench's M's influence over Brosnan's Bond and now it's Broccoli's influence over Cr-egg's role in the franchise.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:Seydoux said they will explore her masculine side and Bond's "feminine" side :!: DONE :!: Morons :!: They just don't get it. Women are secondary in a Bond film, fact. Bond IS the hero, the ONLY character that matters. Adding women and elevating their importance to gun-toting field agents like Moneypenny, or any M being given more than 5 minutes of screen time is wrong for the franchise. It's not sexist, it's just THAT's the allure of Bond, James Bond, and redefining characters to new ethnicities for politically correct inclusion is poetic injustice to Fleming as well. This all started with Dench's M's influence over Brosnan and now it's Broccoli's influence over Cr-egg's role in the franchise.
Couldn't agree more with that assessment, BJ. I know it isn't sexist, it's how Babs interprets the Classic Bond. Women being masculine, men being feminine? Why not just swap roles? Seydoux to play Bond, and Craig to play the Bond Girl. Oh Christ, why am I even bothering? Like I said, like FBF said, Bond is now for corrupted societies. If we were to restore the recipe, we should support the alikes of Kingsman: The Secret Service and the soon-to-be-ill-fated Section 6. Gadgets, manly heroes, lovely ladies as seductive as they can be, megalomaniac intensive villains, gentleman-esque tuxedoes, martinis, fancy locations, and that's that.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I always looked forward to the new gadgets being exciting in the film. Now, no gadgets, a depressed and ugly Bond who is always screwing things up and being yelled out, and the 'supporting' cast being more important than the lead character. Broccoli brought in Cr-egg and this 2 headed combo MUST go to restore excellence back to the franchise. No more Pascal most likely, so that will be the starting point.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ABC review: Sony's terrible week is probably about to get worse because given the train wreck that is its new movie, "Annie," I can't imagine people will be flocking to theaters to catch this updated musical. I'll skip the jokes about how the hackers should have tried to get "Annie" pulled, not "The Interview," because you can't go three seconds on Twitter without a similar punchline popping up in your feed. But yeah, "Annie's" pretty bad. And it's bad from the start. The opening musical number, in which our title character (played by youngest Oscar-nominee ever, Quvenzhane Wallis) tries to coax her classroom into clapping to the beat while she sings a school report, is one of those moments that just feels so forced, you're embarrassed watching it. When people say they don't like musicals because they feel it's unnatural and uncomfortable when characters break into song, they're talking about scenes like this. And it only gets better from there. And by better, I mean worse.............Newark Star-Ledger critic Stephen Witty: “Think you’ve got a hard-knock life? Try sitting through the new ‘Annie'..........BJMDDS:once again Hollywood has failed trying to reinvent characters for political correctness and it failed MISERABLY :!: Sony is now an irrational entity that is clueless :!: FLOP :!: :down:
shaken not stirred
Agent

bjmdds wrote:I always looked forward to the new gadgets being exciting in the film. Now, no gadgets, a depressed and ugly Bond who is always screwing things up and being yelled out, and the 'supporting' cast being more important than the lead character. Broccoli brought in Cr-egg and this 2 headed combo MUST go to restore excellence back to the franchise. No more Pascal most likely, so that will be the starting point.
Yep it's all a joke now (literally), I look more forward to taking a dump than anticipating a bond movie today, it's souless plain and simple and yet people will still praise this....(why?).

Drake: Yeah as fbs says this franchise is now a zombie and supporting other bond like movies is more the way to go today.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Agreed, SNS. This franchise collects the mentally-ill people and infect the others while at it. Our alikes are the cure, so we're quarantine-free. Lol!

As Marion "Cobra" Cobretto would say...

"You're the disease. And I'm the cure".

Nuff Said!
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

bjmdds wrote:Lea Seydoux on her character:"She's strong but she's like (James) Bond in a way. She's strong and she's very sensitive. She's very fragile and I think that Bond is the same way so she became more masculine and I think "Bond is more feminine". I think (James Bond) brings something very modern because he has this duality and I think that's what we like to see; more like tortured."............this is why Cr-egg's era is a disgrace and the feminization of Bond by Broccoli MUST end :!:
But yet the Craig fanatics continue to make fun of Moore and Brosnan as being too effeminate. :roll:

I always like how these actresses talk about the strong/independent Bond girl as if it was something new, when it's already been done in the past.