The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Didn't Craig say that he can't to the tradional Bond stuff? Or something similar?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Didn't Craig say that he can't to the tradional Bond stuff? Or something similar?
He said that when he was first hired, but seems to have changed his mind since. Not that I think he'd be any good in a traditional Bond film, but if the choice was between a traditional Bond film with Craig and a pretentious middlebrow drama with Craig....
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

The lesser of two evils. Yes, i'd agree.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Craig couldn't pull off the serious Dalton movies. It would become a family drama with Craig.
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Didn't Craig say that he can't to the tradional Bond stuff? Or something similar?
I think the last two films he talked about trying to bring back traditional bond but we always end up with the pretentious crap we get from EON now.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This sounds promising: We Watched ‘Kingsman’ And Now We Think Matthew Vaughn Should Make a Bond Film
http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/news/news/ni58120047
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:This sounds promising: We Watched ‘Kingsman’ And Now We Think Matthew Vaughn Should Make a Bond Film
http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/news/news/ni58120047
if I got the history right he was who mgm wanted to direct CR. You know who saw Craig and fell in love
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yes, I'm pretty sure he was approached and turned them down. But it sounds like this will do nicely. It's just a shame that it is R-rated, purely because that means it almost certainly won't do as well as Bond at the box office.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

Omega wrote:Craig couldn't pull off the serious Dalton movies. It would become a family drama with Craig.
It has become a family drama, the films are now shameless oscar bait. I have given up hoping that the next film will be either an entertaining slice of escapism or (prefferrably) a classy spy thiller. At least until the next spring clean at camp EON...
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Yes, I'm pretty sure he was approached and turned them down. But it sounds like this will do nicely. It's just a shame that it is R-rated, purely because that means it almost certainly won't do as well as Bond at the box office.
Did he turn it down? He's made two movies trying to prove he could have directed bond
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Yes, I'm pretty sure he was approached and turned them down. But it sounds like this will do nicely. It's just a shame that it is R-rated, purely because that means it almost certainly won't do as well as Bond at the box office.
Did he turn it down? He's made two movies trying to prove he could have directed bond
Ok, I was wrong: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41387
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

I couldn't care less about Vaughn and the like.

What I care about is seeing Craig go and seeing BABS being kept on a TIGHT leash by someone with MUCH better Bond movie knowledge AND judgment. And that can now actually happen. Pascal is so desperate she tried to make a public pact with Rev. Al Sharpton over diversity today... but the word is, that they are ousting her at Sony. And she will most likely go. Once she's gone, Babs will lose her main ally. It will be her turn right after. More importantly, without Pascal backing Babs and MGM instead finally having more power, we can actually see a Bond movie that's worthy to be called such come to life. That means first and foremost BACK TO CLASSIC BOND and of course Craig replaced by someone who is actually suitable to play Bond.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Correct my dear, Cr-egg goes before ANYTHING else gets fixed. You start anew with gold, not junk, and rebuild from there. Sharpton can go to hell. I have had enough of him here in my lifetime. He caused riots dating back to high school days in Brooklyn NY. He is a loudmouthed race hustler, who NEVER condemns black on black crimes and makes money off of supposed racism everywhere, then does not pay his income taxes. He is NO reverend either :!: Sharpton is a "Reverend" the same way Julius Erving is a "Doctor."
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I wonder who would have been Bond in a Vaughn-directed CR? He directed Layer Cake, so he presumably wouldn't have a problem with Craig as Bond, but it was MGM who hired him, and they apparently wanted Cavill. Then again, the decision to fire Pierce and reboot was taken very late in the day, so it's possible that Pierce was still Bond during the 24 hours that Vaughn was attached to direct.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

There's a expert says he does not know why they are still filming SP /bond 24

Its all out in the open they need to stop production and regroup
"
Can they not stop because MGM is banking on the Bond money ? It was a big deal in 2012 when they gave bond 24&25 a green light.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
Omega wrote:Craig couldn't pull off the serious Dalton movies. It would become a family drama with Craig.
It has become a family drama, the films are now shameless oscar bait. I have given up hoping that the next film will be either an entertaining slice of escapism or (prefferrably) a classy spy thiller. At least until the next spring clean at camp EON...
I've given up on Bond completely. It's only a blast now, a buggered blast. The family dramas were CR and QoS, but SF changed it to melodramatic soap operas. Now, Bond is supposed to find out who his adoptive father was, his blood ties, if he was the descendant of a mythical king or something...Fleming must be spinning in his grave. It's like saying Bruce Wayne is the descendant of King Arthur. *Facepalm*
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Correct my dear, Cr-egg goes before ANYTHING else gets fixed.
Don't forget that creature Babs.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Omega wrote:There's a expert says he does not know why they are still filming SP /bond 24

Its all out in the open they need to stop production and regroup
"
Can they not stop because MGM is banking on the Bond money ? It was a big deal in 2012 when they gave bond 24&25 a green light.
Halting production once you have already started makes EVERYONE see it and it also costs a hell of a lot of money because things are booked and paid for.
But yes it is absolutely ridiculous that they went ahead with filming in the first place, and the ENTIRE plot of the movie is out there, IN DETAIL. So it's bloody stupid to insist on filming. Morons, as usual. What they should do is postpone release and re write the entire thing. BUt given the time it took them to come up with an UNFINISHED script (!) it's insane to think they'll do that. I CANNOT for the love of me believe that after TWO d**n years they started filming WITHOuOT A FINISHED SCRIPT. AND that is NOT GOSSIP. THAT IS AMY PASCAL SAYING IT IN HER blasted EMAIL! So all the Craig fanboys can MISS ME with their kiss-arse stupidity about this!

This is just outrageous on a whole bunch of levels. Outrageous because the story is RIDICULOUS, outrageous because the incompetence of Pascal and the horrid green vegetable is now documented, and outrageous because they got to filming with an UNFINISHED script after TWO YEARS! WHO does that?!?! :shock:
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Who does that? Idiots, who are the "elite" spoiled brats, who truly believe the public will watch ANYTHING Bond that they put out. I want to see the comments about the 'eggster in these hacked emails. If you find them, post them immediately. I am sure they must exist and could be part of the "Christmas present" we are hoping for. FBF, Broccoli has been identified now as target number ONE to be out of the future Bond films. Image Image Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Here we see actor Daniel Craig doing what he loves best, awkwardly staring at his nieghbors in his bathrobe.

Daniel Craig shows how many more Bond films he is under contract to ruin.

Daniel Craig on the set of his new vampire movie where he has the lead role of Count Mediocrity.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image