The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Alessandra »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Here are some great recent pictures of our hero - :shock: :D

Who advises him on what to wear and on how to keep his skin in decent shape?!?!? I'm serious! He needs a best friend.
"Are we on coms?"
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:It did 2.4 million in Live+3 ratings but only a .4 (18-49). The advertisers are happier with a show drawing 6 million viewers with a 3.0 (18-49) rating than 10 million with a 1.0 (18-49) rating
I don't understand this mentality. It seems to be rooted in an era when people of working age had the most disposable income, whereas retirees are now often wealthier than working people due to the long-term decline in wages and salaries over the last 35 years, once inflation is taken into account.
You're right Kristatos, it is in fact very much changing. And CBS has been for the past two years looking at the 25-54 demo because NO ONE now at 18 has ANY spending power. That demo was made in the 60s when most people went to work at 18, and when the majority of the population was in that age span. That is absolutely not the case anymore and things will be updated. Much to my delight, that will mean CBS DESTROYS its competition even further. Especially those IDIOTS at ABC. (who are anyway LAST among the networks cause they even do worse than Fox AND THE CW on some nights :shock: ). All those um FEET KISSERS as we say in Italian who are entertainment reporters spend their time STILL trying to hype ABC when it's doing CRAP! It's unreal. But by the end of this season PLUS with the change coming in the next 2-3 years, they will be done for good.
Unless someone at Disney wakes the hell up and fires Paul Lee.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

This 18-49 demo is a joke. Most 18-25 year olds are still living at home and do not drive the economies and gearing tv shows to their interests solely is why tv watching is on the decline. Cynthia Cidre, the current Dallas producer, is pitching the cancelled show to CBS for next summer after TNT shafted it. I hope they find a new home channel to continue my favorite tv show.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

H982 FKL, the licence number which supposedly started it all.

Jeremy Clarkson is a top level troll, Lord of the trolls if you will, and he is not above trolling the nation of Argentina. However I believe Argentina my be the trolls in this case. In the last few years they were out right hostile with a crazy rational behind it. Ships flying the British flag were prevented from docking because they were British. Two authors of a equally crazy Hitler escaped theory were accused of plagiarism by an Argentinean.

There appears to be a pattern of hostile behaviour. OKAY maybe the Hitler theory is purloined and there is a proper claim. I have no idea.

As much as stoning Clarkson at an impromptu roadblock endears them to me, the rationale behind it is insane. They accuse James May and Richard Hammond of having numbers on their licence plates "close" to statistics from the war.

For those who don't know Clarkson's Top Gear is essentially Jackass with cars.
They are entirely capable of being offensive to get a reaction from the locals. However I believe in this case they would have found another equally dubious reason to assault them. Again stoning Clarkson is probably justifiable, threatening to barbecue the entire Top Gear crew on the boarder is taking it a tad to far.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Alessandra wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Here are some great recent pictures of our hero - :shock: :D

Who advises him on what to wear and on how to keep his skin in decent shape?!?!? I'm serious! He needs a best friend.
Ge does not need a friend he has something better, money. ;)

He truly is looking poorly.

Since I've followed his career he always makes claims to have undergone some physical challenge 'for the role'.

Obviously he bulked up for 'Bond', it seems ever other role requires him to lose weight or something else. According to Daniel any how.

Usually by this point in production we are regaled by stories of this humble thespian hitting the gym to bulk up. Or lose weight as it was one year ( Pierce had the same stories).
I'm wondering if Skyfall has not left him too precious. The facelift story had the studio and lady Barbara too afraid to approach him about his ageing looks, judging from recent photos maybe there is some truth to it.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Oct 10–12 Gross: $9,240 51 theatres $24,947,525
Oct 17–19 Gross: $31,669 +243% 85 theatres +34 $24,984,868
November Man actually INCREASED it's theatre count from 51 to 85 this past weekend and is just shy of the $25 million mark I guess they want to pass before the UK gets it. It grossed more weekend 8 than it did weekends 6 or 7 for some reason.
dollar movies?
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

$24,994,131 NM current USA gross.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:$24,994,131 NM current USA gross.
I hope it reaches $25 million.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Bloody hell craig is looking much older in those pics.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

What the hell happened in Canada?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
It could today FBF.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:What the hell happened in Canada?
Canadian police are investigating a man named as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as a possible suspect in the shootings around parliament, a source familiar with the matter said on Wednesday. Two U.S. officials said that U.S. agencies have been advised that the shooter was a Canadian convert to Islam.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I've had trouble getting the stories to load on my phone. Sounds like Islamist. Maybe Isis
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
It could today FBF.
Pierce deserves a definite hit outside of Bond. One does not stay memorable as just Bond forever.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
It could today FBF.
Pierce deserves a definite hit outside of Bond. One does not stay memorable as just Bond forever.
To make a critical and BO hit he needs someone like tarantino to call him up.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
It could today FBF.
To make a critical and BO hit he needs someone like tarantino to call him up.
And why hasn't Tarantino cast him in his films already?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NM now at $24,998,575. It will go over $25 million today :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"Holy casting rumors, Batman! Jena Malone has joined the cast of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," according to reports, and it's been speculated that she could even be playing Batman's sidekick, Robin." :roll: :shock: :down: :roll: .........Detroit news station WILX-10 spoke to an anonymous extra from the film, who shared details about a scene involving a fight between Batman (Ben Affleck) and Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) at a swanky party and also apparently divulged that the script features a female Robin........ Eisenberg now fighting with Affl-ucked? :lol: :lol: :lol: .......A female Robin is not unheard of -- THR notes that "Batman v Superman" director Zack Snyder has said previously that the film takes cues from Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" comic book miniseries, which introduces a schoolgirl character named Carrie Kelley who becomes the Caped Crusader's partner in fighting crime...........this is now the new "girl" wonder? Image I know our Ms. Bouvier thinks this film will be a hit by I could not disagree more. It will be a comical farce :!:...........The “Batman vs. Superman” Wayne is a rough and tough guy, which is drastically different than Christian Bale’s version in the “Dark Knight” trilogy......this has Ang Lee's Hulk written all over this film.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NM is now at $25,003,029 in the USA. Mission accomplished FBF. It will still be playing in 44 theatres this weekend through next Thursday. Now the UK is getting ready to do their part in 2 weeks :!: