The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:On the other hand I'm not so sure the cheerleading team that gushes for Craig wouldn't be just as excited for Brosnan as a serious older 007.
Well...
Omega wrote:Nm is limping along with $71 k Monday
...the evidence suggests otherwise.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Difference is the Bond franchise over a low budget spy nobody heard of before
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

None of the bonds Craig included have movies that shatter records on their own. Outside bond
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don't disagree it's just the franchise could make money with pee wee Herman and the right people would love it
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Difference is the Bond franchise over a low budget spy nobody heard of before
NM is being marketed as a Brosnan Bond film in all but name. I doubt that calling the main character James Bond would be enough to turn a $17 million movie into a billion-dollar movie.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Difference is the Bond franchise over a low budget spy nobody heard of before
NM is being marketed as a Brosnan Bond film in all but name. I doubt that calling the main character James Bond would be enough to turn a $17 million movie into a billion-dollar movie.
It might. You get the press. The year or two of production leaks, the $200 million or more in advertising and tie ins. Largest opening theater counts around the world. Then the name James Bond it took QOS a undisputed pos to $600 million .

But I don't know bringing Brosnan back officially would have the same effect except the people pissing on him now would be first in line to buy a ticket
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Speaking of Pierce, how well do you think his upcoming 2015 fantasy film The Sun and the Moon will do next year? As far as fantasy films are concerned, none of them outside of Harry Potter, Middle-Earth, and Narnia (in some degree) did very well critically and/or financially.
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

I guess November Man would be able to bank on a nostalgia factor with Pierce. It's a bit like people going to see action movies with Liam Neeson in it, people would be drawn by the leading actor. I'm glad he is still busy with work, he was a fantastic Bond.

I mentioned a couple of moths ago I was reading some alternate history. I started reading it again; the Bond related bit are: Roger Moore has been taken hostage by the IRA. The producers decide to continue the Bond franchise with Colonel Sun and Timothy Dalton as Bond. With a frostier Cold War, the Chinese decide to kill Dalton and halt the production of the film. I've just got to the point where Roger Moore has been released by the IRA.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

CaptainLewis wrote:I guess November Man would be able to bank on a nostalgia factor with Pierce. It's a bit like people going to see action movies with Liam Neeson in it, people would be drawn by the leading actor. I'm glad he is still busy with work, he was a fantastic Bond.

I mentioned a couple of moths ago I was reading some alternate history. I started reading it again; the Bond related bit are: Roger Moore has been taken hostage by the IRA. The producers decide to continue the Bond franchise with Colonel Sun and Timothy Dalton as Bond. With a frostier Cold War, the Chinese decide to kill Dalton and halt the production of the film. I've just got to the point where Roger Moore has been released by the IRA.
Sounds interesting, What's the name of it?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:
CaptainLewis wrote:I guess November Man would be able to bank on a nostalgia factor with Pierce. It's a bit like people going to see action movies with Liam Neeson in it, people would be drawn by the leading actor. I'm glad he is still busy with work, he was a fantastic Bond.

Colour me intrigued who wrote it?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

CaptainLewis wrote:I guess November Man would be able to bank on a nostalgia factor with Pierce.
NM was and is nothing like Bond, but it does show what Pierce's Bond could have been like if EON gave him the creative freedom he needed in his Bonds in terms of the darker and gritty side.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NM's run in the USA is winding down to a $25 million box office take. Let's see November 7th what it does in the UK. We expect our counterparts on this forum to turn out for the big release :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It opened in Russia a little low. But them NM is slightly critical of a certain country.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Luther actor, who recently portrayed Nelson Mandela in a biopic about the former South African president, made the claim in a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” session over the weekend.

Asked by one user if he would take on the role of 007 if it was offered to him, Elba said: “Yes, if it was offered to me, absolutely”.

Rumours have long been circulating that 42-year-old Elba is set to be the next Bond after Craig’s tenure comes to an end. Craig is currently cast in forthcoming films Bond 24 and Bond 25.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Sir Roger Moore, the man who has played James Bond more than any other actor, says it’s hard for the Bond filmmakers to inject humour into the new films because they’re just so action-packed.

"I don’t think there’s time for humour in the ones that I’ve seen with Daniel Craig. He moves so fast and the action is so good, there’s been no time for jokes,” he told Yahoo Movies.

"I’ve heard that they possibly are inserting a few throwaway lines [into ‘Bond 24’] but I don’t think it matters because he’s just so damned good."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Sir Roger Moore, the man who has played James Bond more than any other actor, says it’s hard for the Bond filmmakers to inject humour into the new films because they’re just so action-packed.

"I don’t think there’s time for humour in the ones that I’ve seen with Daniel Craig. He moves so fast and the action is so good, there’s been no time for jokes,” he told Yahoo Movies.

"I’ve heard that they possibly are inserting a few throwaway lines [into ‘Bond 24’] but I don’t think it matters because he’s just so damned good."
That's the classiest "get over yourselves" I've ever seen.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:The Luther actor, who recently portrayed Nelson Mandela in a biopic about the former South African president, made the claim in a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” session over the weekend.

Asked by one user if he would take on the role of 007 if it was offered to him, Elba said: “Yes, if it was offered to me, absolutely”.

Rumours have long been circulating that 42-year-old Elba is set to be the next Bond after Craig’s tenure comes to an end. Craig is currently cast in forthcoming films Bond 24 and Bond 25.
Anymore can be Bond nowadays, even a robot.

CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Blowfeld wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

Colour me intrigued who wrote it?
It's called "Fear, Loathing and Gumbo on the Campaign Trail '72" by 'Drew.' It's mostly about politics but with some cultural bits thrown in. You can read it here: http://www.alternatehistory.com/discuss ... p?t=150154
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

FormerBondFan wrote:
CaptainLewis wrote:I guess November Man would be able to bank on a nostalgia factor with Pierce.
NM was and is nothing like Bond, but it does show what Pierce's Bond could have been like if EON gave him the creative freedom he needed in his Bonds in terms of the darker and gritty side.
People would be drawn to it by association. It's like how L4yer Cake (a very good film, I must say) altered its DVD cover to bank on Craig as Bond.

Yesterday, I watched Mrs Doubtfire. I thought Pierce was good in that, one of my favourite films when I was younger.