The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Alessandra wrote:Omega, you did a great job putting the relevant "Hollywood information" here. :D

Now yes, karma is a bitch, and it is seriously sad to think about someone who's supposed to be James Bond being reduced to waiting for a call from Babs while he is left home alone, after he cheated on his girlfriend and one of his male friends by bedding his woman... certainly not what one imagines Bond as doing.

BJ: tennis is the greatest entertainment, both for what happens on court and off court. The stories I could tell.. :mrgreen:
:)

Not only his behavior cheating his behavior be cheated on.

I can picture Craig as one of those guys who check their iphone every 5 minutes hoping somebody called.
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:Watched Godzilla 2014 the suck coming off this thing was epic. :(
The worst movie I've seen recently.

But the Godzilla and the monsters were great and the most believable part of the movie. The human "drama" was OTT and ruined the movie for me.

Too much time was spent trying to build up emo part of the story. So many stupid contrived situations, the Darwin awards had so many nominees

seriously monstrous creatures consuming radiation was reasonable in comparison.

I like Godzilla he was the most sympathetic likable character in the movie. I'll do a proper review later but some body official needs to apologize to Japan ASAP
I hope you're not saying that it's better than the 1998 version.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:

But the Godzilla and the monsters were great and the most believable part of the movie. The human "drama" was OTT and ruined the movie for me.

Too much time was spent trying to build up emo part of the story. So many stupid contrived situations, the Darwin awards had so many nominees

I like Godzilla he was the most sympathetic likable character in the movie. I'll do a proper review later but some body official needs to apologize to Japan ASAP
I don't remember the 1998 version
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:

I don't remember the 1998 version
The one with Matthew Broderick.

[video][/video]
[video][/video]
[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I just mean I don't remember watching it. Godzilla the monster is done better on the 2014 movie. It's the people who sucked.

I could watch 2 hours of Godzilla doing just about anything, they did it so well just spare me the idiot family wannabe drama.
Battleship is a better movie than Godzilla 2014. But not as I said better monsters. They deserve an oscar for the fx. Wasn't Andy what's his name form Lotr doing the acting for Godzilla ?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Let's hope the sequel with Mothra and Gidorah emphasizes the monsters more and not the human marital issues and feelings. FBF, you liked the 2014 version better than the 1998 one, correct?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Let's hope the sequel with Mothra and Gidorah emphasizes the monsters more and not the human marital issues and feelings. FBF, you liked the 2014 version better than the 1998 one, correct?
No need to worry. The 2014 version is better than the 1998 version (which I still see it as a guilty pleasure).
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I just watched Thor: The Dark World for the first time.......utter trash :!: :down: He had better stick to the Avengers only. I could not wait for it to end.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Let's hope the sequel with Mothra and Gidorah emphasizes the monsters more and not the human marital issues and feelings. FBF, you liked the 2014 version better than the 1998 one, correct?
No need to worry. The 2014 version is better than the 1998 version (which I still see it as a guilty pleasure).
the 1998 is a guilty pleasure?

The new Godzilla is cool I don't have the words to describe how dumb the human part of 2014 movie was.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Hello Tiger :!: Where have you been? Cr-egg is still Bond and the world is awaiting the sale of Bond some day to MGM to rid us of this egregious bovine marsupial. Have you seen November Man?
No, I haven't seen November Man yet. I do intend to see it. It's good to see Brosnan back as a spy again.

I need to go see both November Man and The Expendables 3 before they're gone from theaters.

I was sad to hear that Richard Kiel died. He was probably my favorite Bond henchman? It's been a bad month so far, my friend and singing hero Jimi Jamison died on September 1st.
Richard Kiel was sick for some time. He had a long life especially considering everything he had to deal with.

Jami was far too young.
Yeah, Jimi had just turned 63 the week before his death. I got to see him one last time about two weeks before his death. He seemed fine at the time.
My apologies for mistyping his name. I realised it only after I read your reply.

How did you meet Jimi? Must have been interesting to catch a glimpse into his world.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

November Man UK release date is finally set :UK 7 November 2014 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402157/rel ... _=tt_dt_dt UK:7 November 2014
The November Man (2014)
The Skeleton Twins (2014)
Interstellar (2014)
Laggies (2014)
Sacro GRA (2013 Documentary)
We Are the Giant (2014 Documentary)
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

W00t!
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Post by Eye Of The Tiger »

Blowfeld wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Hello Tiger :!: Where have you been? Cr-egg is still Bond and the world is awaiting the sale of Bond some day to MGM to rid us of this egregious bovine marsupial. Have you seen November Man?
No, I haven't seen November Man yet. I do intend to see it. It's good to see Brosnan back as a spy again.

I need to go see both November Man and The Expendables 3 before they're gone from theaters.

I was sad to hear that Richard Kiel died. He was probably my favorite Bond henchman? It's been a bad month so far, my friend and singing hero Jimi Jamison died on September 1st.
Richard Kiel was sick for some time. He had a long life especially considering everything he had to deal with.

Jami was far too young.
Yeah, Jimi had just turned 63 the week before his death. I got to see him one last time about two weeks before his death. He seemed fine at the time.
My apologies for mistyping his name. I realised it only after I read your reply.

How did you meet Jimi? Must have been interesting to catch a glimpse into his world.
No problem on the misspelling of his name. I have friends that have heard me say his name a hundred times and they sometimes accidentally call him Jami.

I have been a huge Survivor fan since I was 10 years old, which is when the song Eye Of The Tiger came out in 1982. EOTT was sung by Survivor's original lead singer, Dave Bickler, who I've also spoken with on several occasions. But Survivor did so many shows for the EOTT tour, that Bickler developed vocal cord problems, and had to leave the band.

Jimi Jamison was hired as the new singer in 1984.

I love Dave Bickler's singing, but Jimi became my favorite singer of all time. Back in 1993 some friends of mine and myself drove 4 hours to go to one of Jamison's shows. Before the show started, my friends and I started speaking with the drummer in the band, we mentioned that we drove 4 hours to see the show, and he asked if we wanted to speak with Jimi. We of course said yes, and he let us on to the tour bus to speak to Jimi. We then spoke with him again on the bus after the show. A couple of weeks later he played in my hometown. We were able to get a note to him mentioning that we were there at the show, and would it be alright to speak with him again after the show, and he said that it was fine with him. So, we spoke with him backstage after the show, and he then gave us backstage passes and said that we were welcome to go backstage at any of his shows. He kept on giving me the updated backstage passes year after year, and so I was able to become friends with him. I wasn't one of his closest friends in the world, or anything like that, but I got to know him pretty well.

Not only is he my favorite singer of all time, but he was literally one of the nicest most kindhearted celebrities you could ever find. He treated his fans like they were kings, and he did a tremendous amount of work for charities, especially children's charities.

He was a great singer and person, and he never acted like he was a big deal, he was very modest!
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Does anyone know if there's still some hope of Brosnan still making another Thomas Crown Affair? I had really hoped for another one of them from Brosnan. I know that he wanted to make another.

I also thought that Brosnan would have been great for a remake of the Hitchcock film "North By Northwest."
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:Does anyone know if there's still some hope of Brosnan still making another Thomas Crown Affair? I had really hoped for another one of them from Brosnan. I know that he wanted to make another.
Forget the Thomas Crown sequel. Pierce is way too good for that.
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant

Which of the following is your favorite Pierce Brosnan movie?

The November Man
The Fourth Protocol
The Tailor Of Panama
The Matador
The Thomas Crown Affair
After The Sunset
Taffin
Dante's Peak
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:

Jami was far too young.

No problem on the misspelling of his name. I have friends that have heard me say his name a hundred times and they sometimes accidentally call him Jami.

I have been a huge Survivor fan since I was 10 years old, which is when the song Eye Of The Tiger came out in 1982. EOTT was sung by Survivor's original lead singer, Dave Bickler, who I've also spoken with on several occasions. But Survivor did so many shows for the EOTT tour, that Bickler developed vocal cord problems, and had to leave the band.

Jimi Jamison was hired as the new singer in 1984.

I love Dave Bickler's singing, but Jimi became my favorite singer of all time. Back in 1993 some friends of mine and myself drove 4 hours to go to one of Jamison's shows. Before the show started, my friends and I started speaking with the drummer in the band, we mentioned that we drove 4 hours to see the show, and he asked if we wanted to speak with Jimi. We of course said yes, and he let us on to the tour bus to speak to Jimi. We then spoke with him again on the bus after the show. A couple of weeks later he played in my hometown. We were able to get a note to him mentioning that we were there at the show, and would it be alright to speak with him again after the show, and he said that it was fine with him. So, we spoke with him backstage after the show, and he then gave us backstage passes and said that we were welcome to go backstage at any of his shows. He kept on giving me the updated backstage passes year after year, and so I was able to become friends with him. I wasn't one of his closest friends in the world, or anything like that, but I got to know him pretty well.

Not only is he my favorite singer of all time, but he was literally one of the nicest most kindhearted celebrities you could ever find. He treated his fans like they were kings, and he did a tremendous amount of work for charities, especially children's charities.

He was a great singer and person, and he never acted like he was a big deal, he was very modest!
Incredible! I'm glad you got to know him and can tell us what he was like off stage.

A pal of mine has a similar story I want to call them a Hair Metal band in not sure if that is correct. He met some of the band at a convention or memorabilia event. They signed a few things for him and I believe it was the lead who sent a rare album they were talking about to him free of charge.

The bad actors always get the attention it is great to know there are some performers who care about their audience. I doubt there are many left in the current crop of stars.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:Does anyone know if there's still some hope of Brosnan still making another Thomas Crown Affair? I had really hoped for another one of them from Brosnan. I know that he wanted to make another.

I also thought that Brosnan would have been great for a remake of the Hitchcock film "North By Northwest."
No, there is no single hope for Brosnan to return as Thomas Crown. The 1999 film was only a remake of the 60s film with McQueen and that's about it. Brosnan opted himself out of the project years ago, and for the greater good. McTiernan wrote another Thomas Crown film while he was in prison, but Brosnan is not in it. They would have to look for someone younger, say in his mid-30s or 40s. But, like FBF, I don't see the point of the film.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

In 2006 it was still a Pierce project with Sony. Apparently a few weeks before Daniel was officially in unveiled Amy Pascal of Sony had Pierce in her office to ostensibly talk about Thomas Crown II where she supposedly begged him to do Bond again. Nothing of course happened.
Last year Pierce said he didn't think it could happen however if The November Man did well enough he though his production company could call MGM and say lets do this.

I have no idea what McTiernan think he has planned.

If MGM had remained solvent maybe it could have happened earlier. TC 2 was the prize dangled in front of Pierce to ensure his cooperation for a lot of years in my opinion.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Pascal "begged" Brosnan to do Bond a few weeks before Cr-egg was announced? He said no? Where did you see this?