The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Where are the foreign totals big O?
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I've been on here. I don't know if any of you remember me or not?

I just thought that I'd say hello since it's been a long time since I've been on.

And Daniel Craig still sucks. :cheers:
Well hi! I remember you! Glad to see you. I don't have time to post at all myself, but I'm trying to slowly get back to good habits. LOL

HELLO darlings.

So yeah apparently the Craigster has big horns as we say in Italian when one's significant other cheats on them. LOL
And also, sad news about Mr. Richard K. Very sad.

As far as the rest... read that Bond starts shooting in December. Or rather, what's left of the agent once known as James Bond, now looking like Vladimir Putin on a mission (and that's definitely not meant as a compliment). :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:Don't. He cheated on Satsuki and on his friend Jude Law. What goes around, comes around :!: Image
Exactly.
MY dear Omega, you are being way too nice. Craigster did cheat on ex girfriend and on his friend Jude Law (See: Sienna Miller). So seriously... no feeling sad for him whatsoever here. It's really true that what goes around, comes around.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

$376,824 for NM on Tuesday and over $23 million now and the biggest % increase of all movies from Monday to Tuesday. http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?v ... -16&p=.htm
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Alessandra wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I've been on here. I don't know if any of you remember me or not?

I just thought that I'd say hello since it's been a long time since I've been on.

And Daniel Craig still sucks. :cheers:
Well hi! I remember you! Glad to see you. I don't have time to post at all myself, but I'm trying to slowly get back to good habits. LOL

HELLO darlings.

So yeah apparently the Craigster has big horns as we say in Italian when one's significant other cheats on them. LOL
And also, sad news about Mr. Richard K. Very sad.

As far as the rest... read that Bond starts shooting in December. Or rather, what's left of the agent once known as James Bond, now looking like Vladimir Putin on a mission (and that's definitely not meant as a compliment). :lol:
The tennis world is stuck in popularity with no challengers to Serena, and basically the same cast at every tournament in the men's final 4, except for the US Open, which was nice to see some new faces already :!: Mcllroy's ex-tennis lady and he are both doing better since he dumped her with no explanations.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Where are the foreign totals big O?
$1.8 million not official just added up what Bo mojo had
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Alessandra wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Don't. He cheated on Satsuki and on his friend Jude Law. What goes around, comes around :!: Image
Exactly.
MY dear Omega, you are being way too nice. Craigster did cheat on ex girfriend and on his friend Jude Law (See: Sienna Miller). So seriously... no feeling sad for him whatsoever here. It's really true that what goes around, comes around.
Karma is a bitch . :)

He betrayed everyone close to him so he did have it coming. It's sad to think of the little ugly dude sitting alone in a far corner of his house waiting for Babs to call. What depresses me is this is supposed to be the definitive "James Bond" and he is acting like this!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Theatrical release and not a DVD release.? don't know how it works there I assume they could release the DVD without rating it.
Actually, no. All DVDs here have to have ratings, apart from those in a few exempt categories - a consequence of the moral panic in the '80s over so-called "video nasties". But the ratings system for DVDs is a separate department of the BBFC. I just checked their website and it specifically states that the rating is for theatrical release, but does not give a date. However, since it is the job of the distributor to submit a film for rating, that means it must have a UK distributor. That's why this news is kind of a big deal for me.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Post by Eye Of The Tiger »

Blowfeld wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Hello Tiger :!: Where have you been? Cr-egg is still Bond and the world is awaiting the sale of Bond some day to MGM to rid us of this egregious bovine marsupial. Have you seen November Man?
No, I haven't seen November Man yet. I do intend to see it. It's good to see Brosnan back as a spy again.

I need to go see both November Man and The Expendables 3 before they're gone from theaters.

I was sad to hear that Richard Kiel died. He was probably my favorite Bond henchman? It's been a bad month so far, my friend and singing hero Jimi Jamison died on September 1st.
Richard Kiel was sick for some time. He had a long life especially considering everything he had to deal with.

Jami was far too young.
Yeah, Jimi had just turned 63 the week before his death. I got to see him one last time about two weeks before his death. He seemed fine at the time.
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Post by Eye Of The Tiger »

I thought that Pierce would have been great to have been in Expendables 3.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:I thought that Pierce would have been great to have been in Expendables 3.
I've really got some great plans for his character in the Expendables saga. Ohh, and I also heard from someone who was a member of the crew (albeit low ranking) that Brosnan's character might be the man who has trained Statham's character within the SAS.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Omega wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
Exactly.

He betrayed everyone close to him so he did have it coming. It's sad to think of the little ugly dude sitting alone in a far corner of his house waiting for Babs to call. What depresses me is this is supposed to be the definitive "James Bond" and he is acting like this!
Have I missed something, what's happened? :?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
Omega wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
Exactly.

Have I missed something, what's happened? :?
Further back in the thread we were talking about some Hollywood rumors, I'll post them once I get to my laptop. Tapatalk is hard to cut and past
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

For Daltonite Toothpaste I cut the relevant parts this was page 1147 to 1148 of this thread.
I have also read OTHER stuff about the Craigster that I was completely unaware of. Like the fact he's known in Hollywood for being less than bright (various set anecdotes in this sense) and that his wife is merrily seeing other people while he is left in a corner?
bjmdds wrote:Mrs. Cr-egg cheats on her water buffalo? :shock: Why did she marry him in the first place? Rachel must be as big of a loser as he is :!: Cr-egg looks as dumb as nails and his career is basically OVER :!: No studio wants him. Cavill is being wasted by Eon. Broccoli is feminizing her father's legacy as her doltish half brother hibernates in museums staring at the walls. Movember Man is a well done film for the money spent on it. You should enjoy it. When will it open in Europe?

Oh my God this is a new one. Water buffalo?? :lol:
I have no answers for you on the why, but you know what we say in Italian? "Chi si piglia si assomiglia". Which means those who pick each other are like one another. All I know is it has not only happened (her merrily finding, um, other gentlemen to accompany herself with?) but happened repeatedly and openly, so much so that he is left home alone and people know. I also knew that he wasn't particularly loved in the business at all (well, the fact he gets no big leading man parts other than Bond shows it), but I didn't know that he is also considered (unsurprisingly) not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box.
Omega you are absolutely right re: Hollywood marriages and there are also those where people THINK people are married but in reality they aren't at all. In this case I think they did get married but when you start out with an affair on set, unless the people involved are IT for each other, it rarely works. It needs to be the "once in a lifetime" type of love for it to work. I think this wasn't the case, and this is the result . I was honestly shocked when I read about her repeatedly cheating on him and it being very common knowledge in Hollywood, and the fact people even know that he's left home alone AND that he's not very bright. I didn't think it would get to such points, but anyway.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Some interesting historical perspective from Den of Geek on Hollywood's box office woes:
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1991-bo ... -hollywood

Sent from my phone - please excuse the lack of formatting.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NM Wednesday did $276,540. If it continues to do $1 miilion from Monday-Thursday, plus hold over 3-4 more weekends in the top 15, it might get near $30 million here. The theatre counts have dropped though to 1,478, down 1,224, which is drop off of 45.3%. I want to see what it does in the UK already.

FOREIGN TOTAL so far:

Egypt - 8/27/14 $30,094 59.7% $50,426 9/7/14
Iceland Myndform 9/12/14 $10,419 100% $10,419 9/14/14
India - 8/29/14 $96,474 100% $96,474 8/31/14
Lebanon - 8/28/14 $51,386 28.7% $179,273 9/14/14
Netherlands DFW 9/11/14 $176,439 77.1% $228,702 9/14/14
Singapore Shaw 8/28/14 $249,081 50.1% $496,705 9/14/14
Thailand M 9/4/14 $243,091 55.6% $437,500 9/14/14
Turkey - 9/12/14 $67,489 100% $67,489 9/14/14
United Arab Emirates Gulf 8/28/14 $207,079 52.3% $395,893 9/14/14
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Omega, you did a great job putting the relevant "Hollywood information" here. :D

Now yes, karma is a bitch, and it is seriously sad to think about someone who's supposed to be James Bond being reduced to waiting for a call from Babs while he is left home alone, after he cheated on his girlfriend and one of his male friends by bedding his woman... certainly not what one imagines Bond as doing.

BJ: tennis is the greatest entertainment, both for what happens on court and off court. The stories I could tell.. :mrgreen:
"Are we on coms?"
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

@Ale: "Big Horns".. I am SO stealing that!

I have never been so ready for the weekend as I am right now. We were having the mother of all heat waves which finafreakally broke today.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Alessandra wrote:Omega, you did a great job putting the relevant "Hollywood information" here. :D

Now yes, karma is a bitch, and it is seriously sad to think about someone who's supposed to be James Bond being reduced to waiting for a call from Babs while he is left home alone, after he cheated on his girlfriend and one of his male friends by bedding his woman... certainly not what one imagines Bond as doing.

BJ: tennis is the greatest entertainment, both for what happens on court and off court. The stories I could tell.. :mrgreen:
Tell.......Tell :!: :cheers:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Watched Godzilla 2014 the suck coming off this thing was epic. :(
The worst movie I've seen recently.

But the Godzilla and the monsters were great and the most believable part of the movie. The human "drama" was OTT and ruined the movie for me.

Too much time was spent trying to build up emo part of the story. So many stupid contrived situations, the Darwin awards had so many nominees

seriously monstrous creatures consuming radiation was reasonable in comparison.

I like Godzilla he was the most sympathetic likable character in the movie. I'll do a proper review later but some body official needs to apologize to Japan ASAP