The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Any word on ticket presales and twitter buzz ?
............ :007:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

FBF are you going to November Man tomorrow?
When you and some of the others if they want (BJ Omega Katier?) who are going this weekend post or PM me a review and I'll repost it to our other outlets.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Goldeneye wrote:FBF are you going to November Man tomorrow?
When you and some of the others if they want (BJ Omega Katier?) who are going this weekend post or PM me a review and I'll repost it to our other outlets.
Tomorrow in the late afternoon.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:FBF are you going to November Man tomorrow?
Tomorrow in the late afternoon.
I'll see it this weekend. AFAIK it's not opening here tomorrow. Couldn't see it anyway if it was. Shouldn't we save buying tickets for the weekend or is the total by Monday more important?

BTW ill review it but you many not want to use it cause it'll be on my sucks or not scale.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainm ... ement.html http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2014 ... /308270012 http://crumonshowbiz.blogspot.com/2014/ ... itter.html http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.s ... osnan.html "It is, in no way, a 007 film, and not just because it's based on a completely unrelated book by Bill Granger. There are no gadgets here, no gratuitous lovelies and certainly no quips. But it gives you an idea of what Bond could have been — and where Brosnan might have enjoyed taking him, if he hadn't been unceremoniously decommissioned in favor of Daniel Craig."
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

I knew I could count on some of the folks here when it comes to batting for THE NOVEMBER MAN. Thought I'd pop in to throw in my thoughts regarding this release.

Gotta say, I'm disappointed with what I'm hearing of this flick. It's the first actioner for Brosnan in awhile and but it sounds like his two middle Bond films, only duller and more generic. FBF wants Brosnan to have an action film that dethrones GE, why is that so important? I'd rather see Brosnan continue with the more interesting projects he's had since he left Bond such as SERAPHIM FALLS, THE MATADOR and THE GHOST WRITER. They may not come close to the box office of his Bond films, but I find them much more rewarding to watch, and Brosnan has grown as a better actor over the years (I always cite his performance in DAD his best). Brosnan will not likely have the kind of post-Bond career that Connery enjoyed, so I don't think he should try aiming for that.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF must be sitting in the theatre right now engrossed intently in the plot. :yay:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The filmmakers behind James Bond 24 are reportedly looking for 007 to face off against a giant powerhouse of a henchman in the vein of Oddjob and Jaws. "Casting has begun for the main assassin, with the search specifically focussed on someone extremely physically fit and over 6' 2". Whoever wins the role will have several altercations with Daniel Craig's 007 throughout the film and also a driving sequence." "Former sports athletes will be under consideration along with anyone 'very unusual'. The character has the working name of 'Hinx' (which may change before shooting starts) and is said to be between 30 and 45 years old."
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

stockslivevan wrote:I knew I could count on some of the folks here when it comes to batting for THE NOVEMBER MAN. Thought I'd pop in to throw in my thoughts regarding this release.

Gotta say, I'm disappointed with what I'm hearing of this flick. It's the first actioner for Brosnan in awhile and but it sounds like his two middle Bond films, only duller and more generic. FBF wants Brosnan to have an action film that dethrones GE, why is that so important? I'd rather see Brosnan continue with the more interesting projects he's had since he left Bond such as SERAPHIM FALLS, THE MATADOR and THE GHOST WRITER. They may not come close to the box office of his Bond films, but I find them much more rewarding to watch, and Brosnan has grown as a better actor over the years (I always cite his performance in DAD his best). Brosnan will not likely have the kind of post-Bond career that Connery enjoyed, so I don't think he should try aiming for that.
Stocks!!! How the hell are you!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://guardianlv.com/2014/08/the-novem ... d-trailer/ "As The November Man Pierce Brosnan “kills” in this post Cold War spy film where action replaces smooth moves and sterling wit. At 61, The former Bond and Remington Steele actor may have been deemed too long in the tooth to play 007, but the Brit performer shows he still has what it takes in the action man arena"........"At no time does this thriller/spy/action movie drag or disappoint."......"Pierce Brosnan in The November Man just “kills” it, pun intended. This may well be the BEST spy/action/thriller film out this year, do not miss it."
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Where is FBF? I though I'd be seeing him here right after the movie
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe he went back in to see it again :!: Hollywoodreporter.com: Director Roger Donaldson's The November Man is getting a jump on the long Labor Day weekend by opening Wednesday and is projected to make $12 million in its six-day debut. The $20 million-plus movie was made by The Solution Entertainment Group, Palmstar Media Capital and Merced Media Partners, with Relativity Media acquiring U.S. rights for a reported $3 million.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I just saw NM. Great movie but I need to see it again before I can place a ranking within the ratings list of Pierce's films.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You would say it was a success?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

@ Stocks: Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy :cheers:

So, I don't think this has been mentioned but Daniel Craig did the Ice Bucket Challenge. He needed a better microphone as you could barely hear him. Rachel looked like she was having fun dumping water on him.

Judi Dench did the Ice Bucket Challenge as well-gotta love Dame Judi for being game! :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

stockslivevan wrote:FBF wants Brosnan to have an action film that dethrones GE, why is that so important?
His last 3 Bonds, which weren't as good in the eyes of the majority. With better writing and directing, that would've been a different story.
Brosnan will not likely have the kind of post-Bond career that Connery enjoyed, so I don't think he should try aiming for that.
I'm hoping that Pierce take on variety of roles (actioners especially) that would allow the majority to see him as more than just Bond. Tim is getting a little bit more recognized with Toy Story 3 (and its follow-up shorts), Chuck and Penny Dreadful. As for Sean, he did made bad choices at the end of his career.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:You would say it was a success?
When I saw it with a friend of mine, the theater wasn't really packed.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:You would say it was a success?
When I saw it with a friend of mine, the theater wasn't really packed.
not a surprise for this time of year and the day.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

bjmdds wrote: This may well be the BEST spy/action/thriller film out this year, do not miss it."
Doesn't say much about the film, how many spy thrillers have there been this year? I would be surprised if this could do anywhere near Bond numbers, then again, maybe I am underestimating the Brosnan fanbase.