The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg is AWOL from acting....is his non-Bond career over? It should be and Bond is winding down as well. The so-called "best" actor, praised by Broccoli, to ever portray Bond, cannot find work :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Man Expendables 3 is getting spanked!!

In a quiet voice
This time I think could be due to the piracy.
The Expendables 3 opened in third place with an estimated $5.88 million. That's down 44 percent from The Expendables 2, which is a horrible drop for a closely-timed sequel. For the weekend, the third Expendables movie could wind up below $16 million.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Blowfeld wrote:Putting in so much personal effort to make The November Man Pierce Brosnan's revival, best movie, huge box office, as a form of revenge for how Daniel got the role and Barbara set about dismantling her family's legacy. I don't know, to me, it puts to much importance on EONs Bond to ever move past it.
EON and DC can have their fun with their corrupted Bonds for all they want. The point that I'm making is that Pierce hasn't had anything that had both better reception and excellent box office returns.....something he doesn't have since GE. Since after GE, Pierce's works either got not-so-great reviews or went under radar. What I'm hoping for NM is for it break mold. Even if NM did become Pierce's best action film (or even best film of his career), it won't be as memorable as GE. Also, look at the Batfilms for example. When BB arrived in theaters, it was considered as the best of Batfilms at the time, but was it the most memorable? No, it wasn't. That honor belonged to Bat '89 starring Michael Keaton. Why? The Bat vs Joker. Even today, Bat '89 has left a mark, especially with Keaton's Bat and Nicholson's Joker in AFI's list of heroes and villain.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:Man Expendables 3 is getting spanked!!

In a quiet voice
This time I think could be due to the piracy.
The Expendables 3 opened in third place with an estimated $5.88 million. That's down 44 percent from The Expendables 2, which is a horrible drop for a closely-timed sequel. For the weekend, the third Expendables movie could wind up below $16 million.
Thing is I saw the movie 3 weeks ago. And I'm taking a sweet rip, DVD quality. It was downloaded millions of times all over the world.

Now I did go see it with some friends yesterday as well, can't beat the movie experience. The pq and aq were awesome. But I'm obviously in the minority.

It's a good movie. You know what to expect and it is done well.
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“The Moon and the Sun” is set for an April 10, 2015 release, Paramount announced Friday. The adaptation of Vonda N. McIntyre's historical fantasy romance novel stars Pierce Brosnan as King Louis XIV. The Sean McNamara-directed film centers around the King's quest for immortality, part of which includes stealing the life force from a mermaid played by Chinese actress Fan Bingbing (“X-Men: Days of Future Past.”) William Hurt co-stars as Pere La Chaise, a character who didn't appear in McIntyre's Nebula Award-winning novel. It will be an interesting change of pace for Brosnan, who famously portrayed James Bond in four movies and frequently stars in modern spy thrillers, but it might be a welcome one. His current action film “The November Man,” which opens Aug. 27, already has earned a lukewarm review from TheWrap's own Alonso Duralde.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

So by all accounts, Mads Mikkelsen enjoyed Monster Mania(if you google, you should be able to find some pictures!) The sweetest story was of a man in a wheelchair who couldn't get to where Mads was.. so Mads came to him. *cries*.

I was telling my friend that Monster Mania was a gateway convention-he'll want to go to more, now! It's probably good he started kinda small-I can see him being overwhelmed by San Diego ComiCon.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Expendables took it hard this week. I usually don't believe all the spin that blame pirates for any lost profit. People who download were never going to buy a ticket this time the quality of the rip was very good. So maybe.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:So by all accounts, Mads Mikkelsen enjoyed Monster Mania(if you google, you should be able to find some pictures!) The sweetest story was of a man in a wheelchair who couldn't get to where Mads was.. so Mads came to him. *cries*.

I was telling my friend that Monster Mania was a gateway convention-he'll want to go to more, now! It's probably good he started kinda small-I can see him being overwhelmed by San Diego ComiCon.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

One more week until The November Man hits the theaters, and I hope you guys are not letting me do all the fun.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:One more week until The November Man hits the theaters, and I hope you guys are not letting me do all the fun.
It looks like it's only the US that's getting it next week. I have seen no publicity for it over here.
Edit: the Facebook page gives the release date as November 13th. I assume that is the UK release date.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/20/the- ... -a-sequel/

THE NOVEMBER MAN Must Be Okay Because They Just Greenlit A Sequel

Pierce Brosnan’s action spy film, The November Man, doesn’t actually come out until August 27, but Relativity already feels like it has a hit on its hands, so much so that they just announced a sequel.

There are over a dozen entries in the novel series upon which The November Man is based, so lack of source material isn’t really going to be a problem. But will people come out for this first entry? The trailer we’ve seen looks promising but also somewhat generic. I like the idea of seeing Brosnan rolling around in grit in a way he never could as Bond, but I tend to be a knucklehead whose interests rarely intersect with mainstream audiences when it comes to action films.

If nothing else, this does seem to indicate good things for The November Man as far as quality goes. They don’t make sequels out of awful films. Everyone knows that.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Pierce has enough movies with not-so-good reviews already.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Do not worry FBF, remember one thing, these are the same critics who adore Cr-egg as Bond so enjoy the film's $40-45 million 6 day opening and see it 5 times as you stated you would and look forward to a 90% chance of a sequel occurring. I will see it the Saturday night of the Labor Day weekend in NYC.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The thing is that Pierce hasn't had any great movie (or on-screen work) that appealed to wider audience since GE. I'm hoping that NM will break the mold.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, listen to Elvis and have CONFIDENCE: [video][/video]
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I don't expect NM to take a spot in the top 10 list (worldwide and here in the US) or become the most memorable of Pierce's career, but as long as it becomes the BB (which was the best but not the most memorable of the Batfilms at the time of release) of his career, I'm good.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It's all over the news the sequel is a go. Great planning since it's old news from a month or two ago. Somehow Brosnan and Co get the media spin on Their side with great timing.

Hes treated a small budget movie likes it's a big one and it might persuade people to see it if they were on the fence.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now we are talking big O :!: :yay: FBF, did you read that? The sequel is a go :!: I would suspect it gets released within 2 years tops given Brosnan wants to look as young as possible.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Pierce Brosnan is to return to the world of espionage for The November Man 2.
The former Bond star will reprise his role as highly trained ex-CIA agent Peter Devereaux in the sequel, which has been announced ahead of the film's US release, reported Comingsoon.net.
The 61-year-old actor, who will also be a co-producer, said: "The November Man is an iconic, tough character and I am excited to partner with Relativity to continue to bring him to life."
The film, based on Bill Granger's spy book series of the same name, follows Peter as he is lured out of retirement for one last mission, where he must protect a valuable witness, played by Olga Kurylenko.
Robbie Brenner, president of production at Relativity Studios, added: "The November Man is a gritty series that re-invents the spy genre with its master Pierce Brosnan by combining the best elements of James Bond and Jason Bourne while echoing the cool, sleek action movies of the 70s.
"We are excited to launch The November Man later this month and to continue to explore Peter Devereaux's dangerous world with Pierce OVER THE YEARS TO COME." Pre-production on the sequel is expected to begin soon. The film's UK release date has yet to be announced.
Pierce has revealed his joy at playing a spy, saying: "I think there is enough time between my days of James Bond and The November Man... for me to jump back into the ring and give it a try."
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I hope there's enough positive reviews to overpower the negative ones we have so far.