The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Brosnan should do the talk skow circuits on tv 2 weeks prior to it's opening. I hope it is a smash hit :!: :yay:
I expect he'll be doing the talk shows. I'm not expecting the film to be a blockbuster, though. Hopefully it will do good enough business to justify a sequel or 2.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Daniel Craig has been hard at worlk as usual watching a Liverpool v Manchester City football match in New York. If you are wondering what on earth Craig is wearing around his neck, a comment says it is an Ascot tie, also known as a luvvie scarf.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Looks more like a dog collar Broccoli bought for him. He is unemployed in Hollywood. After all of his leading man bombs and his recent quitting of a rare job just before shooting started, he has nothing to do except kill time awaiting Bond, the role he really never wanted. Brosnan's attention now will irk Eon for sure :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

By BAZ BAMIGBOYE

PUBLISHED: 19:39 EST, 31 July 2014 -----Put an extra measure of Gordon’s in that dry martini (and shake it extra hard), for all’s well on the Bond front following some behind-the-scenes bother over a disappointing script.

Writers Neil Purvis and Robert Wade answered a fire-alarm call from James Bond actor Daniel Craig and director Sam Mendes to ‘rescue’ the screenplay for Bond 24 (the film’s working title), written by John Logan, and add some ‘thrills’.

Sources told me yesterday that Purvis and Wade have delivered their work to producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson — and the green light has been given for filming to start in late November / early December. ‘Everyone’s excited, and all systems are pumping away at full speed,’ my 007 informant told me, adding that Purvis and Wade’s script is ‘substantially different’ from Logan’s. I’ve heard from several sources that Mendes almost went down on his knees to persuade Purvis and Wade to return to the Bond fold. The director had a lot of making up to do, I was told. But during the re-writing process all four men — Craig, Mendes, Purvis and Wade — behaved graciously and just got on with the job.

‘There was an awful lot of work to do. It was a big job. The impression given was that Purvis and Wade were hired to add jokes — but it was a bigger deal than that,’ an executive at one of the studios associated with the Bond films explained.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

John Logan wrote a crap script ? Whaaaat? Say it ain't so!
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Eon is very good at hiring then firing then rehiring.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

That scarf is TRAGIC. Sorry for the all caps but it's true.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

It is bad
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Thank god some of the Craig diehards like Nash no longer post here. I'm sure he'd be defending Craig and that atrocious scarf. :cuss: :cuss:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Guardians of the Galaxy opened to $160 million in the US and Canada. FWIW, that's the biggest August opening ever, not that such records mean very much (it will probably be broken again next year).

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Speaking of record breaking, I wonder if NM will set a new record for the Labor Day weekend.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:Speaking of record breaking, I wonder if NM will set a new record for the Labor Day weekend.
The current record is $30 million for the 2007 Halloween remake. That's not a particularly high barrier.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will be the next monsters joining Legendary Entertainment’s “Godzilla” franchise, the company revealed at Comic-Con. At Comic Con this year, the "prequel" film to King Kong was officially announced after being only rumored up to that point in time named Skull Island, in theaters November 4, 2016. Who needs Bond with all of these "heavyweight" characters hitting the screens, right FBF?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Guardians of the Galaxy opened to $160 million in the US and Canada. FWIW, that's the biggest August opening ever, not that such records mean very much (it will probably be broken again next year).

isn't that the total for world wide ?
Last story I saw said $94 million us/ca .

I'm surprised it did that well I didn't get the concept seemed like it could be cool the raccoon make me doubt it.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF, Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will be the next monsters joining Legendary Entertainment’s “Godzilla” franchise, the company revealed at Comic-Con. At Comic Con this year, the "prequel" film to King Kong was officially announced after being only rumored up to that point in time named Skull Island, in theaters November 4, 2016. Who needs Bond with all of these "heavyweight" characters hitting the screens, right FBF?
The general public can give their money to DC Bonds for all they want. The world needs Bond, but we don't not even for the traditional classic tall and dark haired Bond to return. If you want classic icons, we got those monsters like you said. But if you want the classic Bond to return that bad, NM is just weeks away except that it's not Bond (which is good because Pierce will need it to further his reputation as an actor, especially as a man of action).
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Guardians of the Galaxy opened to $160 million in the US and Canada. FWIW, that's the biggest August opening ever, not that such records mean very much (it will probably be broken again next year).

isn't that the total for world wide ?
Last story I saw said $94 million us/ca .
Yes, you're right. I misunderstood James Gunn's tweet.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

During 60 Minutes and Big Brother last night on CBS the first November Man commercials ran and they looked great :!: That scene with the circular drone looks very cool chasing the car. It looks like Brosnan's film is now in full PR mode and it's time for FBF to promote it to all the websites he frequents. The commercial stated it is not yet rated. I thought it was given an R rating. Perhaps they will make it a PG-13 film?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Good sign they are advertising it already.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The November Man commercial was just on ESPN. Rotten Tomatoes now at 91% want to see it.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I hope NM will be nothing like any of the works he did after GE as they either have not so good reviews or do not get the recognition they deserve.