The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Don't expect much positive talk once it opens Kiwi. That film has been moved 3 times now and the casting is an abomination. It will be a one ticket purchase per person and done, front loaded mess I think, with Eisenberg and Affleck being more of a parody to Cavill's serious Superman. I can just picture an unshaven, worn out, drunken Bruce Wayne, whose new Butler has to tend to his every need and even bathe him, and a Lex Luthor that looks like he belongs back in Eisenberg's Adventureland movie theme park selling ice cream cones.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Country music legend Glen Campbell's wife has spoken out about her decision to move the singer to an Alzheimer's care facility, revealing it was too exhausting to look after the legend at home.

The singer was admitted to a Nashville, Tennessee, center for his own safety and Kim Woolen, his partner of 31 years, insists it was time to seek professional help. She tells People, "There were five of us taking care of him and we were all completely exhausted. No one was getting any sleep, and we were just struggling every second to keep him safe -- we felt like it wasn't safe anymore."

Campbell is living in the facility full time, but he is able to return to the family home. However, his wife reveals his visits are not always easy: "You have to watch him every single second. He's up all hours of the night and wanders. He'll pick up knives and sometimes he won't want to relinquish it." His daughter Ashley adds, "[It can be dangerous] with all the household appliances and dish soap liquid and olive oil. He'll drink anything ... if you lose concentration for a second, he could hurt himself."

Campbell has been in the facility since the end of March. Woolen says, "He's made friends there. Everybody loves him there. It's a beautiful setting, it's very secure. He plays guitar there..." The singer has been suffering from the disease for over three years and headed out on a farewell tour in 2012.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

That's sad news. The Wichita Linesman is a great song, somehow managing to make painting road markings sound romantic.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's horrific. I like a lot of his songs, Galveston, By The Time I Get To Phoenix, etc.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

My dad had his surgery today and everything went very well,the doctor said.He's on the good stuff, pain killer-wise, though. :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Very pleased to hear that, Kater. Wish you all the best. :)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:My dad had his surgery today and everything went very well,the doctor said.He's on the good stuff, pain killer-wise, though. :mrgreen:
It's removed? Good. Onward and forward.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"Meanwhile, we recently reported that Daniel Craig has signed on to the next two James Bond films, unofficially titled "Bond 24" and "Bond 25." "Bond 24" is currently planned for an Autumn 2015 release, but according to new rumors there may already be contenders for the coveted role in future James Bond films. A fan favorite includes "The Dark Knight Rises" villain, Tom Hardy.
According to Contactmusic.com, Tom Hardy has been "the public's number one choice" to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond."
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Tom Hardy?

I don't know, a muscle bound shorty with a mug that could hold hot coffee, sounds like more of the same.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

They said the same about Michael Fassbender. Nothing happened.
After Craig resigns, EON is ready to reboot the franchise again, this time with a black actor (that's inevitable, because media prefers so), and Idris Elba is a top choice by them.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I've always wondered why "Wichita Lineman" resonates with people from the UK so much..I decided that Wichita must seem exotic somehow . Nothing especially exotic about it-it's a typical Midwestern city!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

New York University researchers have discovered some grimy details about your $1 bills ... and the findings might make you want to wash your hands more than once. XETV says, "Researchers at NYU found more than 3,000 different types of bacteria."

That's right - 3,000! Researchers with NYU's "Dirty Money Project" collected 80 $1 bills from a bank in Manhattan. They found nearly 1.2 billion DNA segments. And, believe it or not, only about half of that DNA was human!

"From human and dog to horse ... and even rare white rhino."

But HLN says the most common bacteria they found might surprise you even more: "The one they found the most often causes acne."

And to really push you over the top, there's a lot of bacteria scientists weren't even able to identify.

"Scientists were only able to identify 20 percent of the germs that live on some dollar bills."

According to The Wall Street Journal, researchers say other microorganisms found are linked to gastric ulcers, pneumonia, food poisoning and staph infections.

Jane Carlton, director of genome sequencing where the university-funded work was performed, said: "We actually found that microbes grow on money."

According to research published last year in the journal Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control, scientists attempted to grow bacteria on seven different currencies and found some germs lived longer on plastic banknotes.

According to an older report from ABC, one doctor said, "$1 bills are widely used and each is exchanged many times ... if some are contaminated with bacteria, there is potential to spread these organisms from person to person."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:My dad had his surgery today and everything went very well,the doctor said.He's on the good stuff, pain killer-wise, though. :mrgreen:
great news! I hope is recovery sets a record!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:"Meanwhile, we recently reported that Daniel Craig has signed on to the next two James Bond films, unofficially titled "Bond 24" and "Bond 25." "Bond 24" is currently planned for an Autumn 2015 release, but according to new rumors there may already be contenders for the coveted role in future James Bond films. A fan favorite includes "The Dark Knight Rises" villain, Tom Hardy.
According to Contactmusic.com, Tom Hardy has been "the public's number one choice" to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond."
tom Hardy is a joke. Literally in a you tube video making fun of SF there was a line " don't turn me in to Tom Hardy people won't be able to understand what I'm saying" paraphrasing but it was somthing like that.

Still it's true after Craig they could hire Danny Trejo who is awesome bad ass and probable do a better job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I've never seen the appeal of Hardy either. I wonder if the people who want him as Bond are the same people who think that Craig is the best Bond Eva!!!!11

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hardy is NOT the answer with Cavill available.........Possible Sequels:
Brosnan reported that the flick would possibly get expanded into a film franchise if met a huge success. That would be meaning more of Granger's novels could be adapted into feature-length motion pictures.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Hardy is NOT the answer with Cavill available.........Possible Sequels:
Brosnan reported that the flick would possibly get expanded into a film franchise if met a huge success. That would be meaning more of Granger's novels could be adapted into feature-length motion pictures.
Leave the Bond role to someone who look less Bond than DC is. Forget Bond. It's all about November Man.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

According to the BBFC's Android app, a Punjabi language film called "Jatt James Bond" has just been passed 12A for moderate violence. Just thought you might like to know that.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

There's an Android game too:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... om.jjb.cps