The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:The proper Brosnan Bond film has been finalized.
More than that, it's designed to further increase Pierce's reputation as an actor to prove that there's a lot more to what he can do in the action realm.

James Bond is ancient history. Leave that to professional wrestlers/fighters for all I care. From now on, let us set our eyes on NM, The Coup, Survivor, EX4, and all other upcoming actioners starring Pierce.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

......And Cr-egg has NOTHING in the works outside Eon, for the so-called 'greatest actor to ever play Bond' according to the Green Vegetable head case at Eon.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:......And Cr-egg has NOTHING in the works outside Eon.
After this latest stunt, I doubt he ever will again.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Correct Kris. Whoever thought Bond would be his ONLY source of income after he disparaged his own decision stating he hoped he would still get other roles. He got other LEAD roles but they all bombed. Tattoo II? Not with him I bet.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Correct Kris. Whoever thought Bond would be his ONLY source of income after he disparaged his own decision stating he hoped he would still get other roles. He got other LEAD roles but they all bombed. Tattoo II? Not with him I bet.
Pierce did 2-5 films in between his Bonds and had a hit with TCA (though not really a big one since it targeted mature audiences) while he was Bond. Even so, GE has since remained his best film in eyes of the general public. Although he doesn't get the recognition he deserves, at least he keeps himself busy with or without Bond.
Captain Arthurs
Lieutenant

Post by Captain Arthurs »

When Craig was cast I though he would make a few Bonds then move on as I though he was an arty actor. Strange that he has given up acting apart from Bond. He now seems to co-produce the Bond films and is paid an absolute fortune for them.

Other actors - such as Brosnan - love acting. It looks like Craig does not.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Yet he CLAIMED he wanted better roles Cap. Look what he turned into. He will push to do Bond for 10 more years I bet and Broccoli will back him every step of the way :!: :down: :shock:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Babs arranges all of this. CR-egg only takes the money and goes for more greed.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

She probably told him to drop the lawyer role because they knew it was a loser and it would have put a negative spin on Cr-egg during the Bond hiatus.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Can't argue with that. Lol.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:She probably told him to drop the lawyer role because they knew it was a loser and it would have put a negative spin on Cr-egg during the Bond hiatus.
So why didn't she tell him to drop it earlier? Dropping out of a movie (particularly an indie movie, where lower budgets mean a lot less flexibility in production terms) this close to the start of shooting ought to be a career-ender for an actor who has no real record of box-office success outside Bond. What's in it for him?
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news ... IFjUxfcKlR

Just saw this, he's too hard on himself. Sure Die Another Day wasn't as good as his other films but they're all fun (remember that word Bond producers?).
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

CaptainLewis wrote:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news ... IFjUxfcKlR

Just saw this, he's too hard on himself. Sure Die Another Day wasn't as good as his other films but they're all fun (remember that word Bond producers?).
Pierce strikes me as a very humble man, and this leads him to be overly self-critical. But it does confirm the suspicion of many here that if he'd had as much input into his films as Craig currently enjoys, they probably would have been better for it.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I would not say that he wasn't good enough, he just failed to get a hold of the role. I never felt that Brosnan was the driving force of his films, rather that he was carried by them. He was too pre-occupied about playing the same role that Connery played years earlier, and forget to make it his own.
As for Die Another Day, it may be my least favourite Brosnan era Bond, but up until Cuba, it's not bad. Once in Cuba, it starts to unravels.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You won't believe he is in college.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

H finally got it to load on my phone. Yeah he was way too hard on himself but it is sort of how you have to do it and he'll be promoting what he call his Bond that he never got to make some time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

To date, Captain America has grossed $317.7 million overseas, which is more than any of the first five Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Worldwide, it blew past Captain America: The First Avenger, and has so far earned nearly $477 million. It reaches its final market, Japan, next weekend. (I will see it next Saturday.)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Captain beat rio 2 which was a surprise. But it is a very good. It almost a perfect blend of fantastic adventure with a superhuman and the real world. Wonder if eon will sue them next. After all Bond is man who fought in WWII who kisses women obviously marvel copied them, and try to hide it by publishing the first comic 19 years before dr no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Omega wrote:Captain beat rio 2 which was a surprise. But it is a very good. It almost a perfect blend of fantastic adventure with a superhuman and the real world. Wonder if eon will sue them next. After all Bond is man who fought in WWII who kisses women obviously marvel copied them, and try to hide it by publishing the first comic 19 years before dr no.
Oh brother! LOL!! :D :lol:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Happy Passover to anyone that celebrates it!

Aww Rio 2 got beat.. I loved the first Rio movie-was the only person in the movie theater that didn't have a kid in tow-and I own the Blu Ray of Frozen but have yet to watch it-thought I'd see what I thought since my 9-year-old niece *loved* it.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: