The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

With recent reports coming from the host of The Hot Mic podcast Jeff Sneider, it seems like Eon Productions have decided that the actor is not the right fit for the job. In a recent episode, John Rocha and Sneider were discussing all the things that had come out in the last week, when Sneider told about an inside scoop that he got which hinted that ATJ was out from the 007 race. he said:

“Here’s the one I heard today that was interesting. Less of a scoop other than just a ray of hope, maybe. I’ve heard Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s not a lock for Bond. I don’t think it’s right for him. It’s not that i don’t think he’d make a good Bond, but I don’t know if he needs it”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Despite the jump in viewers, the Oscars still turned in their third smallest viewer total since Nielsen began tracking that statistic, ahead of only the past two years........my friend and his wife TRIED to watch the winning picture when it was on Showtime on cable tv and had to shut it off after 20 minutes. They said is was not watchable. I never heard of this film before. Did anyone here see it?
No, but a lot of people I know seem to like it.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the creator of the Fleabag series. As such, when fans of the James Bond franchise saw her name among 4 of the screenwriters credited for No Time to Die, they were ecstatic. However, her involvement with the movie didn’t amount to much as the film allegedly still failed to break even at the box office. To make matters worse, the prolific writer has claimed that she didn’t even do basic research before writing the last Bond film of Daniel Craig........why is she even in Indy 5? Shia Labeouf ruined Indy 4 so why add her on as his appendage to the film? Who do they think will come to see the film if she is in it?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Variety in 2021:“The movie NTTD cost more than $250 million to produce, at least $100 million to promote and tens of millions more to postpone over 16 months. Insiders say ‘No Time to Die’ needs to make closer to $900 million to break even, a feat that would have been realistic had a global health crisis not entirely upended the theater industry. As a result, the film now stands to lose $100 million in its theatrical run, according to sources close to production. Other industry sources suggest the losses wouldn’t quite reach the nine-figure mark though they would still be substantial.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Variety in 2021:“The movie NTTD cost more than $250 million to produce, at least $100 million to promote and tens of millions more to postpone over 16 months. Insiders say ‘No Time to Die’ needs to make closer to $900 million to break even, a feat that would have been realistic had a global health crisis not entirely upended the theater industry. As a result, the film now stands to lose $100 million in its theatrical run, according to sources close to production. Other industry sources suggest the losses wouldn’t quite reach the nine-figure mark though they would still be substantial.”
One would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

I saw the post below on another forum. it sums up the current situation perfectly.
Has Barbara completely lost interest? I don't get her attitude. As well as not caring that they have no idea where to go next, she still shoehorns Craig into every conversation saying he was "the best bond ever". No he wasn't - 3 out of his 5 Bond movies were garbage and the last one was so devoid of fresh ideas they disgracefully had to recycle stuff from 1969.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John Drake wrote:I saw the post below on another forum. it sums up the current situation perfectly.
Has Barbara completely lost interest? I don't get her attitude. As well as not caring that they have no idea where to go next, she still shoehorns Craig into every conversation saying he was "the best bond ever". No he wasn't - 3 out of his 5 Bond movies were garbage and the last one was so devoid of fresh ideas they disgracefully had to recycle stuff from 1969.
Sounds like one of us.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:33 pm
John Drake wrote:I saw the post below on another forum. it sums up the current situation perfectly.
Sounds like one of us.

I think the worm has finally turned for Madame Broccoli, even the MI6HQ Twitter, that bastion of Craig fan boys, is chock full of comments like this!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

^Now you KNOW h3ll has frozen over!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

From the No Time To Die Wikipedia:
Principal photography took place from April to October 2019
It is now March 2023.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

John Glen interview:
You went from Roger to Pierce only to then find Timothy…...I tested Pierce Brosnan for the role. Pierce had been involved in a series in America, which was very successful, called Remington Steele. He’s a lovely man, we’d met him before when we were filming For Your Eyes Only in Corfu because he was married to one of the actresses, Cassie Harris. Pierce was a very popular choice for us and we loved the tests he did. Then suddenly, the TV company heard that he was going to be James Bond but they had a clause in the contract which prevented him from doing both. That’s when we chose Timothy Dalton. We had talked about Timothy previously as he’d been a fantastic, successful Shakespearean actor. His big hit was Lion in Winter which was huge. I think that he had been approached shortly after that to play Bond but turned it down, however when we went back to him he was more amenable and we set to work quickly. https://www.007.com/in-conversation-wit ... en-part-2/
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It has been said here time and time again that Broccoli is NOT interested in going forward with this franchise. Her heart and soul remain in the past. She cannot get over the fact that Cr-egg is DONE and in her warped mind she wants to believe that the franchise cannot go forward after the past 18 years of her creation. ANYONE else running the show would have chosen a new actor 1 year ago and would be getting ready NOW to start filming it! Amazon is letting her dwell in her own sick fantasies. UNTIL a new boy toy strikes deep into her psyche, DORMANCY will remain for the series and moth balls might be the final verdict! She truly is demented and is allowed to run and ruin a billion dollar entity! ONE film since 2015 sums it up!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:22 pm Amazon is letting her dwell in her own sick fantasies. UNTIL a new boy toy strikes deep into her psyche, DORMANCY will remain for the series and moth balls might be the final verdict! She truly is demented and is allowed to run and ruin a billion dollar entity!
The perks of being a nepo baby. I'm starting to think that Daniel Craig is right not letting his kids inherit anything.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:54 pm
bjmdds wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:22 pm Amazon is letting her dwell in her own sick fantasies. UNTIL a new boy toy strikes deep into her psyche, DORMANCY will remain for the series and moth balls might be the final verdict! She truly is demented and is allowed to run and ruin a billion dollar entity!
The perks of being a nepo baby. I'm starting to think that Daniel Craig is right not letting his kids inherit anything.
Absolutely, a lesser connected producer with her track record would still be sweeping Roger Corman's floor! Her 3 non-Bond films were such abject failures I'm surprised she's still allowed within the Hollywood city limits, a mean feat considering the Oscar bait subject of her last atomic bomb. Surely even she must realize Bond is her only ticket to the industry! The day she stops making Bond films is the day she retires.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

So, they don't have a script, a release date or a Bond, but Daisy May Cooper is in talks to play M. ImageImage

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dais ... -0w5tc3367

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Eight dolphins were dead after a pod of the marine mammals washed ashore in a mass stranding in Sea Isle City, N.J., on Tuesday, the authorities said, prompting questions over what caused their deaths. It’s unclear how the glossy, gray Common dolphins ended up splayed on the sands of southern New Jersey, with two dead and the other six deteriorating so rapidly that they had to be euthanized, the Marine Mammal Stranding Center said........what a crock! I have lived here my entire life in the NY/NJ area and I have NEVER seen anything like the past year with dead whales and dolphins turning up dead or dying on the beaches. The wind farms are the ONLY NEW items placed here so it is not a stretch to put 2 and 2 together and figure out the cause. These wind farms are probably screwing up the innate radar and sound these creatures rely on. Where are the SAVE THE WHALES people screaming in outrage? We have e-bikes here in NYC causing MANY fires due to the lithium batteries being used for the electric bikes as well. An electric school bus even spontaneously combusted thankfully with no children it while parked in a school lot in Connecticut and a bus in Paris too. The media does not want to report on the green initiative causing these outrageous happenings! Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Where do they dig up these stories about this thing being a new M and going in a comedic direction with Bond? She belongs wrestling in the WWE! Time is passing and nothing is being done!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

My suspicion is that EON leaks these stories to the press in order to keep Bond's name in the papers, since they no longer show any interest in actually making films.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Many people here will be familiar with the 17-page treatment for The Property Of A Lady, Dalton's unmade third Bond film, but apparently there was an actual screenplay. Detailed review here, illustrated with concept art:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond17-1990

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:19 am My suspicion is that EON leaks these stories to the press in order to keep Bond's name in the papers, since they no longer show any interest in actually making films.

I think you're right Kris, this story like so many is far too bizarre to believe. A 36 year old M played by what appears to be England's answer to Melissa McCarthy? If (and that is a very big if) there is an validity to this story Bond is truly lost!