The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Mission Impossible 7 trailer:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

There would have been a completely different plot with the dramatic climax and Craig's final exit taking place in Russia.

Boyle said: "The truth is that Daniel had negotiated with them as part of his deal that he could die, which is a surreal prospect. That was built in.

"It’s an understandable exit plan for Daniel, and we embraced that hugely. We had a plan for him…"

However, Boyle and his team's plans did not line up with the franchise's producers – Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson and Craig himself.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

So Boyle was cool with killing off Bond? I'm confused every outlet reporting on the matter said otherwise. And if he was good with it, what was the hang up? Did Boyle want him to go out with dignity in a blaze of glory with a purpose, rather than senselessly obliterate himself because he had a case of the sads?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I suspect that "we embraced it hugely" in this case means "we knew we were lumbered with it, and decided to make the best of it."

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:37 pm I suspect that "we embraced it hugely" in this case means "we knew we were lumbered with it, and decided to make the best of it."

I suspect so, or perhaps he had a different "exit plan" for The Daniel, one which would have given him a proper send off without the suicide?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I don’t know if anyone watches NCIS but ISTG I thought they were going to do a homage to OHMSS.Not that the plot of the episode was related in any way.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It seems Cr-egg was hell bent on having Bond killed off, as his career should have been as well. Broccoli is clueless where to go with the franchise now, with her wokeness clashing with her abnormal and unconditional love for her now former molded piece of clay on Broadway. Her heart and soul won't be into this any longer with constant remorse of what was vs. what is with the franchise.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ray Liotta has died at the age of 67. The iconic actor died while in the Dominican Republic, according to TMZ. Liotta was on the island to film a new movie called “Dangerous Waters,” the outlet continued. Liotta died in his sleep, according to sources close to the actor, TMZ continued. There was nothing suspicious about his death, and foul play is not suspected, according to the report. Jacy Nittolo, his fiancée, was with him while he was filming.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Elvis, has entered the building: Now the younger generation can hear REAL music for a change.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Elvis, has entered the building: Now the younger generation can hear REAL music for a change.
OK grandad Image

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

After a 36-year wait, the Tom Cruise sequel Top Gun: Maverick finally took off to a massive $19.3 million in previews from Thursday 3 p.m. showtimes and a one-time 7 p.m. Tuesday fan event. That’s the highest-grossing preview in Paramount Pictures’ history and the highest-grossing Memorial Day preview in history; and of course, it’s the best for Cruise. What do audiences think? They gave it a rare A+ CinemaScore, which higher than the A given to the 1986 first installment........Updated demos are 58% guys, 42% women. The under-35 repped 45%, which is promising, considering that the sequel is appealing to a wider demo. Those over 35 repped 55%, while the 18-34 segment repped 37% of attendance. Diversity demos were 66% Caucasian, 16% Latino and Hispanic, 7% African American, and 7% Asian. Close to half of the audience said Top Gun 2 exceeded expectations, while another 30% said they would see it again in theaters.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I pre-purchased maverick on Xbox
Not sure if we’ll go out to see it

Looking forward to Jurassic world 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This is the view of Crazy Rich Asians and Snake Eyes star Henry Golding, whose current best odds are 22-1. The 35-year-old Malaysian-Brit told the Radio Times last year: “[Diversity] shouldn’t be a factor at all. I think Bond represents something that we’ve all sort of grown up with and that’s a man of substance, a man who has stoic properties and is a protector, has a sensitive side. So really, the talk of having to have them be diverse is – it’s great and all, but I think you have to do justice to the source material. He’s such an iconic character, so I wouldn’t say that there should be any pressure.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It appears that The Rock is not secretly a James Bond sequel in disguise as some fans have suggested. For years, there has been a popular fan theory that Sean Connery's character in the 1996 action flick is in actuality and older Bond going by a different name. As the theory has persisted, many fans have gone ahead and accepted The Rock as a movie that's actually about what happens to the original 007. The fan theory has picked up so much steam that it has now made its way straight to one of the film's producers, Jerry Bruckheimer, who addressed the theory in a recent Reddit AMA. Bruckheimer shuts down the notion that The Rock is a James Bond legacy sequel, or it at least was not designed that way.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:It appears that The Rock is not secretly a James Bond sequel in disguise as some fans have suggested. For years, there has been a popular fan theory that Sean Connery's character in the 1996 action flick is in actuality and older Bond going by a different name. As the theory has persisted, many fans have gone ahead and accepted The Rock as a movie that's actually about what happens to the original 007. The fan theory has picked up so much steam that it has now made its way straight to one of the film's producers, Jerry Bruckheimer, who addressed the theory in a recent Reddit AMA. Bruckheimer shuts down the notion that The Rock is a James Bond legacy sequel, or it at least was not designed that way.
Me and my brothers always thought it was basically bond who had been caught, he stole all the secrets America didn’t want to world to know, get locked up and disavowed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't think the character was literally meant to be Bond, but there's a reason they cast Sean Connery. He was Bond in all but name.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now that Broccoli has declared Cr-egg the 'greatest actor on the planet', how can any future selection live up to him in her morbid psyche? The new chosen one probably will have tosay 'he' has HUGE shoes to fill replacing the greatest Bond actor ever. I just do not see how this works out for Broccoli. I don't even think she cares if another Bond film is ever made!
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

I don't know if anyone ever posted this but the video above is worth a watch. The section on Daniel Craig is right on the money.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

James wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:48 pm

I don't know if anyone ever posted this but the video above is worth a watch. The section on Daniel Craig is right on the money.
I posted it back in January, but definitely worth a re-watch.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

dirtybenny wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:34 am
James wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:48 pm

I posted it back in January, but definitely worth a re-watch.

My apologies benny, I only just stumbled across that video on YouTube the other day. Watching the clips in the video was a sobering reminder of how badly Craig aged in the part. He looks like a decrepit old man in Skyfall.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig