The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:58 pm The new Harry Potter store opened today in NYC and people had to be turned away. If any UK posters here ever visit NYC in the future, you can get a taste of it. Image
WOW. My brother and his wife and their kids are going to be in New York around Christmastime..must tell them about this!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:51 am
bjmdds wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:58 pm The new Harry Potter store opened today in NYC and people had to be turned away. If any UK posters here ever visit NYC in the future, you can get a taste of it. Image
WOW. My brother and his wife and their kids are going to be in New York around Christmastime..must tell them about this!
A must see MP for visitors who enjoy Harry Potter films and books. Have them buy you your own wand and you can use it on Broccoli to perform the imperious curse and get her to remove Cr-egg from her clutches :!: The Imperius Curse (Imperio) was a tool of the Dark Arts, and was one of the three Unforgivable Curses. When cast successfully, the curse placed the victim completely under the caster's control.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

New Amazon Bond film plot revealed (satire): https://thehardtimes.net/culture/new-fi ... ft-to-pee/

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

New stuff gang: CLEVELAND (WJW) — The Cleveland Clinic recently studied the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccination among people who caught the virus and those who haven’t. The study finds that anyone who previously tested positive for a SARS-CoV-2 infection did not get additional benefits from the vaccine, which suggests the vaccines should be prioritized to people who haven’t gotten the infection. The clinic says this research provides insight into how the immune system protects the body once a COVID-19 infection is confirmed. During the study that was conducted on 52,238 employees in the Cleveland Clinic, the clinic says “not a single incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection was observed in previously infected participants with or without vaccination.”
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

New stills released. :D

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Further evidence that powerful magnets in some Apple iPhones can interfere with cardiac implantable electronic devices (CIEDs) comes from a small study that also suggests some devices are more susceptible than others. The iPhone 12 Pro Max with MagSafe technology interfered with CIEDs implanted in three consecutive patients :shock: presenting to an electrophysiology lab and in eight of 11 implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and pacemakers (72.7%) still in their original packaging. :shock: Be aware of this if you are near anyone with these issues.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Wicker Man With The Golden Gun:

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A higher-than-usual number of cases of a type of heart inflammation has been reported following Covid-19 vaccination, especially among young men after their second dose.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:A higher-than-usual number of cases of a type of heart inflammation has been reported following Covid-19 vaccination, especially among young men after their second dose.
Lucky I'm not young, then.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

There was a lot of hope from theater owners and industry observers that Warner Bros.’ “In the Heights” would help maintain, or even grow, the recent box office momentum. Instead, the film opened to just $11.4 million and lost what was expected to be an easy No. 1 launch to the third weekend of Paramount’s “A Quiet Place — Part II.” . With critical acclaim and early Oscar buzz, there had been hope that the Jon M. Chu musical would capture a section of the audience that isn’t interested in horror films like “A Quiet Place” but searching for a feel-good movie after the hardships of the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead, the film has fallen short of even the most conservative of expectations. Even franchise tentpoles released during the worst stages of the pandemic — “Wonder Woman 1984” opened to $16.7 million on Christmas weekend — have outperformed “In the Heights.”-------a "woke" bomb, this time by an overrated Lin-Manuel Miranda who is yesterday's news.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:There was a lot of hope from theater owners and industry observers that Warner Bros.’ “In the Heights” would help maintain, or even grow, the recent box office momentum.
Never heard of it.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Good thing. Poorly received here.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

As BJ says, "The Drinker knows his onions."

The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Well, California is wide open now. This could be good, or bad. We’re only a day or so in.Give it a few weeks.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:As BJ says, "The Drinker knows his onions."

Agree with virtually everything in this video. The only complaint I have is with the way he kept reusing the same visuals over and over again. It was a 5-minute video, surely he could have found more clips.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:55 pm Agree with virtually everything in this video. The only complaint I have is with the way he kept reusing the same visuals over and over again. It was a 5-minute video, surely he could have found more clips.
I figured it would resonate positively here, I also enjoyed the comments below the video most were very critical of Craig and spanned several sentences, however of course a handful of Craigsters had to pop in with impotent, monosyllabic defenses of his highness, "closest to Flemming's Bond" "gritty" "realism" etc., compared to the fleshed out arguments against his run these weak come backs are quite humorous.

I agree he could have used more footage but I suppose it's a case of the message being more important than the visuals.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I skimmed through the comments. Any praise of Craig I saw was inevitably "the bulls**t before the but."

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

On Screenrant.com someone named Cathal Gunning suggests getting a new Moneypenny and a new M by elevating Naomi Harris to be M. This is ridiculous. This person suggests a new Q and a new Blofeld, minus the moronic step-brother connection, which makes sense...........What happens if Broccoli does not replace Cr-egg with a 'person of color'? Will she be able to handle the woke mob's attacks on her? Is she afraid of the negative press they will harpoon her with if she does not cave? MGW will have no say again. A new replacement will be announced most likely next year, after NTTD's theatrical run is over. TO BE....WOKE, OR NOT TO BE....WOKE.....THAT WILL BE BROCCOLI'S QUESTION.
Irony-man
New Recruit

Post by Irony-man »

They have been talking about Moneypenny taking over as M since Lois Maxwell's days. "Plus ca change..."
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

A big nope on Moneypenny(my namesake LOL) as M.

BJ, we’re getting take out Thai food for dinner.Can’t wait.