The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

No side effects here(I had Moderna) except for a sore and then itchy arm.Not anything I couldn’t handle.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... e-23932047
James Bond No Time to Die premiere to be 'world's biggest ever' as £10m plans leaked

We’ve had a year of being shaken and stirred – now we’re gagging for a party. Thankfully, James Bond bosses are on a 007 mission to curate the world’s most extravagant premiere ever. I can reveal that movie bigwigs have set aside a staggering £10million for the UK celebration of No Time To Die, due out on October 8 – and it could well be shown inside a top London stadium.

My source reveals: “MGM and the Bond producers are in agreement. They think they can pull off the biggest in-person premiere of the post-pandemic era, and have already put aside a whopping £10million for an event in England that will signal the return of these kinds of flashy movie launches that everybody’s been missing for the last year. They are looking at the biggest venues in London, starting with Wembley and going down from there, and have enquired about the Staples Center in Los Angeles for a US premiere.

“MGM and the Bond team have never liked the idea of launching this movie without a red carpet event, which is one of the many reasons they’ve rolled with all the delays. You don’t cast Ana de Armas and then not give her the chance to walk the biggest red carpet on the planet. The money is set aside to do the biggest Bond blowout ever, and they’re full steam ahead on making it work, pandemic and all!”

In 2015, Bond threw one of the most epic parties I have ever attended to mark the release of Spectre. It was a Mexican-themed bash at The British Museum with fire-breathing dancers and tequila served in skulls. But this year’s extravaganza is expected to be even more impressive – which is fair enough seeing as it will be Daniel Craig’s last outing as the iconic spy.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think they pretty much have to pull out all the stops to revive people's flagging interest in the film. They can't risk it being another Tenet.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

A few notes:
007 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:18 am https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... e-23932047
James Bond No Time to Die premiere to be 'world's biggest ever' as £10m plans leaked

We’ve had a year of being shaken and stirred – now we’re gagging for a party. Thankfully, James Bond bosses are on a 007 mission to curate the world’s most extravagant premiere ever. I can reveal that movie bigwigs have set aside a staggering £10million for the UK celebration of No Time To Die, due out on October 8 – and it could well be shown inside a top London stadium.

My source reveals: “MGM and the Bond producers are in agreement. They think they can pull off the biggest in-person premiere of the post-pandemic era,(Wow, how impressive, especially considering it will be the only in-person premiere since the pandemic) and have already put aside a whopping £10million for an event in England that will signal the return of these kinds of flashy movie launches that everybody’s been missing for the last year.(Have we?) They are looking at the biggest venues in London, starting with Wembley and going down from there,(Kind of like Craig's Bond career, starting with CR and going down from there! and have enquired about the Staples Center in Los Angeles for a US premiere.

“MGM and the Bond team have never liked the idea of launching this movie without a red carpet event,(because they're stuck in 1958) which is one of the many reasons they’ve rolled with all the delays. (Money well wasted!) You don’t cast Ana de Armas (Who?) and then not give her the chance to walk the biggest red carpet on the planet.(Ah, the decadence of faux Marxists!) The money is set aside to do the biggest Bond blowout ever, and they’re full steam ahead on making it work, pandemic and all!”

In 2015, Bond threw one of the most epic parties I have ever attended to mark the release of Spectre. It was a Mexican-themed bash at The British Museum with fire-breathing dancers and tequila served in skulls.(Not stereotypical at all!) But this year’s extravaganza is expected to be even more impressive – which is fair enough seeing as it will be Daniel Craig’s last outing as the iconic spy.(Thank goodness!)
This makes sense as they've kicked this can down the road over 18 months and 3 botched premieres. Instead of blowing a couple hundred million on a media campaign for an opening that's not set in stone, they can just wait until the final hour when the premiere is eminent then hold a huge event to gin up "enthusiasm."
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Honestly that money isn’t going to buy much.

They’ve wasted many times that in the failed build ups and reshooting.

I expect they want the good will Kong v Godzilla is getting. But I think this film is stalled long ago, it should have been a 2017 film. To put in marvel term the audience understands the last film was out at the same time as avengers age of ultron and ant man, the audience has moved on long past spectre, the new film may still succeed beyond my expectations I still kind of feel Babs inability to be a producer has stalled the series well past the point roger Moore was in too long in view to a kill. I can’t see the average audience caring how Craig end his time as bond, the 007 name may still be a draw however they cheapened it with a new 007 meant to challenge audience expectations, they already plan on blaming the audience if the movies fails, not because they screwed up with a bad story. I think the lynch story about being upset and blocking out social media or whatever was meant to play at the original release date. So if the gambit fails it’s the audience that’s wrong like Kathleen Kennedy and her anti-fan last Jedi it was the fans who were wrong, sexist, anti female, anti puppet or whatever crazy thing they could throw at the wall.

I don’t get how Babs think less is more far as producing bond, she’s taken huge gaps in producing the movies under her leadership, so far she’s been rewarded for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:A few notes:
007 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:18 am https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... e-23932047

My source reveals: “MGM and the Bond producers are in agreement. They think they can pull off the biggest in-person premiere of the post-pandemic era,(Wow, how impressive, especially considering it will be the only in-person premiere since the pandemic) and have already put aside a whopping £10million for an event in England that will signal the return of these kinds of flashy movie launches that everybody’s been missing for the last year.(Have we?) They are looking at the biggest venues in London, starting with Wembley and going down from there,(Kind of like Craig's Bond career, starting with CR and going down from there! and have enquired about the Staples Center in Los Angeles for a US premiere.

“MGM and the Bond team have never liked the idea of launching this movie without a red carpet event,(because they're stuck in 1958) which is one of the many reasons they’ve rolled with all the delays. (Money well wasted!) You don’t cast Ana de Armas (Who?) and then not give her the chance to walk the biggest red carpet on the planet.(Ah, the decadence of faux Marxists!) The money is set aside to do the biggest Bond blowout ever, and they’re full steam ahead on making it work, pandemic and all!”

In 2015, Bond threw one of the most epic parties I have ever attended to mark the release of Spectre. It was a Mexican-themed bash at The British Museum with fire-breathing dancers and tequila served in skulls.(Not stereotypical at all!) But this year’s extravaganza is expected to be even more impressive – which is fair enough seeing as it will be Daniel Craig’s last outing as the iconic spy.(Thank goodness!)
This makes sense as they've kicked this can down the road over 18 months and 3 botched premieres. Instead of blowing a couple hundred million on a media campaign for an opening that's not set in stone, they can just wait until the final hour when the premiere is eminent then hold a huge event to gin up "enthusiasm."
Good points as always DB
They could rent one of the many abandoned movie theaters strewn across the country.

Guess everyone forgotten about that movie theater chain threatening to boycott NTTD because of universal release whatever movie it was digitally (trolls?)

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

"One recent producer of the Oscars, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss confidential metrics, said minute-by-minute post-show ratings analysis indicated that 'vast swaths' of people turned off their televisions when celebrities started to opine on politics,” the New York Times reported on Sunday.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I read that Craig will get $100 million to make Knives Out films for Netflix. He is probably a billionaire by now!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I feel seen.Image

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Of all of the former posters in this Bond fortress of solitude who have abandoned ship, who do you miss the most?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Of all of the former posters in this Bond fortress of solitude who have abandoned ship, who do you miss the most?
I can't think of any one person in particular, but I do miss the days when there were more than just a handful of us. I can see why people might not bother though, given that Craggy is going anyway (and would already have gone if EON were competent enough to get NTTD out in time for its original release date). Plus, the general public seems to have tired of him at last, so it's not like 2006 when the main fansites were filled with squeeing Craig stans, and we needed a "safe space" to get away from it all.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Sweeney and Ale!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:43 pm
bjmdds wrote:Of all of the former posters in this Bond fortress of solitude who have abandoned ship, who do you miss the most?
I can't think of any one person in particular, but I do miss the days when there were more than just a handful of us. I can see why people might not bother though, given that Craggy is going anyway (and would already have gone if EON were competent enough to get NTTD out in time for its original release date). Plus, the general public seems to have tired of him at last, so it's not like 2006 when the main fansites were filled with squeeing Craig stans, and we needed a "safe space" to get away from it all.

I'm inclined to agree, I also think most "classic fans" have read the "writing on the wall" and abandoned ship on Bond, seeing that Craig was only the tip of the iceberg (if you'll forgive the pun) and EON is embracing the foolishness as judged by the chaos coming out of NTTD. The general public has soured on Craig, however the fan sites still howl his praises when not deliberating over the details of his underwear choices.

To answer BJ's question, the first name to come to mind is The Saint.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

the saint , skywalker ,

The world moved on, bond hasn’t since 2015.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Box office is still anemic, moving but I wonder if the lock down hasn’t permanently changed movie viewing.
Over a year without a large number of people going to the movie. Looks like a small loyal base is still going but not enough to get to hundreds of million opening weekends

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The final Jeopardy answer is: 2021: 8.6 million/18 share

2020: 18.1 million/33 share

2019: 21.6 million/36 share--------------the correct question is: HOW LOW WILL THE OSCARS RATINGS GO THIS YEAR TO AN ALL-TIME LOW?--------case closed on Hollywood's narcissism forever as these mutants continue to preach to the world what is right and what is wrong.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 am the saint , skywalker ,

The world moved on, bond hasn’t since 2015.

What about FBF and Shaken Not Stirred?-------I am having cataract surgery next week so hopefully that goes well and my vision to read this marvelous forum clears to perfection.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Good luck with your surgery, hope it all goes well.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I hope you have a quick recovery BJ. :cry:

Dr. No has not popped in for a while.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Thanks fellow members. I was going to do it last year but Covid shut down elective procedures. A week from Thursday is the scheduled date.