The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

I can't even get away from Craig in my Duolingo Greek course. Image

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Janssen Vaccine-----Four serious cases of unusual blood clots with low blood platelets have been reported postvaccination with COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen, EMA reports. One case occurred in a clinical trial and three cases occurred during the vaccine rollout in the US. One of them was fatal.
dirtybenny
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm The James Bond rumours surrounding Regé-Jean Page have intensified so much that betting has been suspended. According to Betway, members of the public are so convinced the actor will overtake Daniel Craig in the role that they are taking no more bets. Betway spokesperson Chad Yeomans said: “Following the announcement that Regé-Jean Page has left his role as Simon Basset, the mysterious young suitor in Bridgerton, all betting on the next James Bond market has been suspended.
Oh boy, another bookie rumor! I don't doubt Babz may consider him, but she can't be arsed to think about Bond until the last minute, so I highly doubt she's given any consideration to recasting before this film is 2 years in the rear view.

Kristatos wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:44 pm I can't even get away from Craig in my Duolingo Greek course. Image

An apt description, unfortunately it's all Greek to Babz Broccoli!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Agent
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:13 am A rousing defence of AVTAK in, of all places, The Guardian: https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2021/a ... ssion=true

A decent article indeed and perhaps an indicator of the general audience's desire to return to form? On the other hand, especially if more articles like this emerge, it could be an attempt to smooth over the fact Babbzy's darling Danny is firmly in AVTAK territory, namely he's committing the one inexcusable sin Sir Roger did 35 years ago and one which even this article isn't prepared to absolve him from: Staying around too long and looking too old.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

(Newser) – A fifth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise is in the works, and it just landed a big-name female lead to co-star with Harrison Ford. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the star and creator of the much-praised Fleabag, is on board, reports Deadline. No word yet on who her character will be, but given that she is 35 and Ford is 78, Vulture has to wonder, "Does Indy uncover his long-lost daughter in this one?" The film is due out in 2022, with James Mangold directing for Lucasfilm.
dirtybenny
Agent

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:40 am (Newser) – A fifth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise is in the works, and it just landed a big-name female lead to co-star with Harrison Ford. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the star and creator of the much-praised Fleabag, is on board, reports Deadline. No word yet on who her character will be, but given that she is 35 and Ford is 78, Vulture has to wonder, "Does Indy uncover his long-lost daughter in this one?" The film is due out in 2022, with James Mangold directing for Lucasfilm.
Considering Indiana Jones discovered his long lost son in the previous film, finding a lost daughter in this one would be extremely unimaginative and unoriginal so it's entirely possible. Also one has to wonder, is there no classic film series phoebe Waller Bridge isn't willing to corrupt?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Warner Bros/Legendary’s Godzilla Vs Kong continues to dominate the global and international box office, now with a $288.3M cume offshore for $357.8M worldwide. It will soon cross Tenet globally and overseas. Domestically, it has overtaken Tenet to become the No. 1 grossing movie of the pandemic era. The full overseas weekend was $24.1M, a 66% drop from last frame’s holiday play.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Not sure whether to stream it on TV or wait and see if it gets a UK cinema release once cinemas reopen, It seems like the sort of film that needs to be seen on a massive screen with earthquake-level sound.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Not sure whether to stream it on TV or wait and see if it gets a UK cinema release once cinemas reopen, It seems like the sort of film that needs to be seen on a massive screen with earthquake-level sound.
It could be a good theater popcorn experience, we have a sound system that is a good experience sometimes better than movie theaters with poor Audio quality and that goes for most Christopher Nolan films. Piss poor sound in theaters that is usually fixed for home video.

It’s fun escape is him that doesn’t take itself too seriously.

Saving the cinema in not so sure it can be said to have done that, in the US it’s Texas and Florida which are leading the BO charts, meaning most of the Audiences in big cities like LA & NYC are staying home
If the trend stays Hollywood will start catering to TX and fla audiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:40 am (Newser) – A fifth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise is in the works, and it just landed a big-name female lead to co-star with Harrison Ford. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, the star and creator of the much-praised Fleabag, is on board, reports Deadline. No word yet on who her character will be, but given that she is 35 and Ford is 78, Vulture has to wonder, "Does Indy uncover his long-lost daughter in this one?" The film is due out in 2022, with James Mangold directing for Lucasfilm.
Considering Indiana Jones discovered his long lost son in the previous film, finding a lost daughter in this one would be extremely unimaginative and unoriginal so it's entirely possible. Also one has to wonder, is there no classic film series phoebe Waller Bridge isn't willing to corrupt?
Seems Kathleen Kennedy likes her.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Netflix is paying $469 million to release two sequels to the 2019 mystery film Knives Out, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The film’s director, Rian Johnson, and his producing partner, Ram Bergman, will reportedly each net “upwards of $100 million.” Daniel Craig, who starred as eccentric detective Benoit Blanc in the film, will also make $100 million to appear in the sequels. :hair: -----the guy has NO talent and it is unbelievable that he would command this kind of money :!:
Netflix has a habit of overpaying for unique content. So does Amazon for that matter.

I think they are betting on continuation of status quo if they’re willing to pay that kind of money for a third rate Series

Rian Johnson basically killed the Star Wars trilogy franchise and has to pretend he’s in demand, technically he’s got a Star Wars contract for three films that will never be made other than this he only has knives out which is a poor attempt at Branagh’s Poirot series
$200 million for the producers and one “star” is crazy. I wouldn’t be surprised is this deal collapses under it own weight , then again I wouldn’t be surprised is Netflix doesn’t even blink to payout this kind of money

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I watched Godzilla King of The Monsters and Wonder Woman 1984 today. You have to enjoy monster movies to be able to sit through this Godzilla film but it was a reboot of the 1960s Gidrah the Three Headed Monster with a different origin story. Mothra, Rodan, and others show up in this wild film. There was too much emphasis on the character played by Millie Bobby Brown as well. In regard to Wonder Woman 1984......what the hell was Patty Jenkins thinking wasting Gal Gadot in this horrific film :?: :!: I can sum it up as 'when you wish upon a star' meets Wonder Woman. It was one of the worst movie plots I have ever seen and I could not wait for the 2 1/2 hours to pass by to stop torturing myself with this mindless and boring pile of garbage! The ONLY good part was the opening scene.......it went downhill fast with idiotic performances by the other lead actors. I would give this MINUS stars if that was a measuring pole. Chris Pine should pack it in. He is horrendous as an actor and Kristin Wiig was a miscast and the lead villain is some unknown loser named Pedro Pascal I never heard of. :down:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Fan theory explains why Bond is so rubbish at actual espionage: https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3559 ... 7-bad-spy/

dirtybenny
Agent

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:00 am Fan theory explains why Bond is so rubbish at actual espionage: https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3559 ... 7-bad-spy/

Another article based on a Reddit post? And they say journalism is dead! My personal theory is Madam Broccoli is a s**t producer and hires terrible writers. Hey, maybe if I post that on Reddit this bloke will write an article about it!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Helen McCrory, who played the MP in Skyfall who gets poetry read at her by Judi Dench. But she also appeared in some good films, including playing Narcissa Malfoy in the Harry Potter series.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Following the news that Phoebe Waller-Bridge had landed the female lead in the next Indiana Jones movie, Lucasfilm has found Harrison Ford’s next co-star in Mads Mikkelsen, who is set to join the next installment. James Mangold is taking over directing reins from Steven Spielberg, who still is serving as a producer and is very much involved in various elements of the film.-------MP will be pleased.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

My fellow Mads fans on Twitter are THRILLED..though they do wonder:Which eye is going to have something wrong with it?
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

And I see that Aidan Turner is playing Leonardo da Vinci in a major new Amazon series. Hopefully that will raise his profile at just the right time.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Felix Silla, best known as the gibberish-spouting Cousin Itt on the 1960s TV sitcom The Addams Family, died today from pancreatic cancer. He was 84 and died in Las Vegas. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Several recipients of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have experienced sudden hearing loss, according to data from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. To date, however, there is no clear evidence that COVID-19 elevates the risk of the condition.Mar 17, 2021.------so why diid they lose their hearing?