The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Image Redskins stadium 2 days ago in D.C. for the NFL game. :shock: Empty seats galore :!: The NFL ratings are way down again too but these clowns refuse to understand the pushback by the former fans of the game.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

There’s a Rumor that Craig wanted to kill off bond, which with Boyle leaving that would make it seem like Babs changed her mind and Craig wants a payday more than anything else.

I don’t know but that talk about repurposing Boyle’s script isn’t that kind of difficult with credit do to the original creators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Lots of blockbuster movie scripts are cobbled together from different drafts. It's not unique to Bond, though some times it's more obvious than others.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

https://deadline.com/2018/09/james-bond ... 202467247/

Eon Productions and MGM have set Cary Joji Fukunaga as the new director who’ll mount James Bond 25 with Daniel Craig in the starring role. Filming will begin March for a worldwide release date of February 14, 2020.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

This is the first time since LTK they are not releasing the movie in November. Also, the director is better looking than Craig.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Anyone seen this guy's work? Any thoughts (as opposed to knee-jerk "I've never heard of him, but I know he'll be terrible" reactions)?

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:Anyone seen this guy's work? Any thoughts (as opposed to knee-jerk "I've never heard of him, but I know he'll be terrible" reactions)?

He directed Jane Eyre and as far as I know the first season of True Detective. He could be good, I really don't have some kind of a strong opinion about him as a choice.
dirtybenny
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:Anyone seen this guy's work? Any thoughts (as opposed to knee-jerk "I've never heard of him, but I know he'll be terrible" reactions)?

Well, I've never heard of him, so I know he'll be terrible! :wink:

All kidding aside I don't think who the director is will substantially impact the film. Some of the best Bond films have been helmed by journeyman directors. More to the point EON apparently has their vision on this film set in stone, considering Boyle's split with the production over creative differences.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

David ESPESSET • 4 hours ago
I am utterly appaled to see Craig again back as Bond. Remeber ‘CraigNotBond’?… I truly hope Fukunaga will be able to deliver a genuine 007 movie, but I am afraid he won’t (because of the producers, who have gone haywire since they fired Pierce Brosnan). I still hope the picture will be more enjoyable than ‘Spectre’.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The film's released date has also been pushed back more than three months to "Valentine's Day" 2020................must be a Freudian slip by Broccoli to choose that day. Perhaps they will title it Fifty Shades Of Cr-egg?
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

bjmdds wrote:The Count has returned :!: Image
Thanks. :cheers:
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Bolo crushes Joji Fukunaga.

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Isn't Dark Phoenix an X-Men movie? Be interesting to see which one moves its release date first. There's no way they go head-to-head.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:Isn't Dark Phoenix an X-Men movie? Be interesting to see which one moves its release date first. There's no way they go head-to-head.

My mistake. That was 2019's schedule---------here is 2020: Friday 14
NEW IN THEATERS
James Bond 25
Action Daniel Craig MGM Wide
Nimona - Fox Wide
Untitled Blumhouse Productions Project I (2020) - Universal Wide
Untitled DC Film (Feb 2020)
Action / Adventure - Warner Bros. Wide
Untitled Disney Live Action I (2020) - Buena Vista Wide
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Count_Lippe wrote:Bolo crushes Joji Fukunaga.

[video][/video]
Is Enter The Dragon your favorite film Count?
dirtybenny
Agent
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:David ESPESSET • 4 hours ago
I am utterly appaled to see Craig again back as Bond. Remeber ‘CraigNotBond’?… I truly hope Fukunaga will be able to deliver a genuine 007 movie, but I am afraid he won’t (because of the producers, who have gone haywire since they fired Pierce Brosnan). I still hope the picture will be more enjoyable than ‘Spectre’.

I'm curious to read the rest of this article, who is David Espesset and where can I find him?

bjmdds wrote:The film's released date has also been pushed back more than three months to "Valentine's Day" 2020................must be a Freudian slip by Broccoli to choose that day. Perhaps they will title it Fifty Shades Of Cr-egg?
I think you just ruined my appetite!

bjmdds wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Isn't Dark Phoenix an X-Men movie? Be interesting to see which one moves its release date first. There's no way they go head-to-head.

My mistake. That was 2019's schedule---------here is 2020: Friday 14
NEW IN THEATERS
James Bond 25
Action Daniel Craig MGM Wide
Nimona - Fox Wide
Untitled Blumhouse Productions Project I (2020) - Universal Wide
[glow=red]Untitled DC Film (Feb 2020)
Action / Adventure - Warner Bros. Wide[/glow]
Untitled Disney Live Action I (2020) - Buena Vista Wide

It'll be interesting how Craig stacks up to the D.C. film, granted D.C. isn't as popular as Marvel but it'll still be interesting.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Thing about February releases is they usually don’t preform well, there’s always the Deadpool example and I assume a few others but it’s usually where studios stick films to get rid of them. It after awards season (that alone ought to piss Craig off) and before the blockbuster season (no really big pay day for Craig) . I wonder if this is on purpose on Babs and Craig’s part or if there are obligations that make a February release important.

Other thing is Craig giving Rian Johnson’s film priority is unheard of for bond, Brosnan and dalton contractually had to give eon first consideration, they put off roles to make sure they would be available whenever eon needed them, it’s part of the gig. Craig fires the director then tell eon who to hire next and to rewrite the script while he takes another job that both he and the director surely will not get in another year when the are older smellier news.

A lot of weird here. I know Babs is nuts for Craig and most common sense is out the window , still this is just weird.

About the director, um I like true detective season one well enough, it was innovative and interesting but by the end I really didn’t like any of the characters. Of course we binged watched it so that may be part of it. The material was never going to be feel good so, well he’s got talent I’m just not sure he can deal with the big time action movies. But then eon has a team that more or less do this sort of thing when they are not drunk on a flight trying to open the emergency door. Both director choices are small time suggesting this is the kind of ending they want for Craig. Which is not bond at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Imagine if someone told you in 2005 that Craig would still be Bond in the year 2020!
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
dirtybenny
Agent

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Thing about February releases is they usually don’t preform well, there’s always the Deadpool example and I assume a few others but it’s usually where studios stick films to get rid of them. It after awards season (that alone ought to piss Craig off) and before the blockbuster season (no really big pay day for Craig) . I wonder if this is on purpose on Babs and Craig’s part or if there are obligations that make a February release important.

I think the February date is more about Babz trying to force the issue rather than some master planned power move. I know I sound like a broken record but Babz is way out of her depth as a producer. She got off to a ridiculously late start on this film, remember Pervis and Wade didn't start their fist draft until just last July. Six months later they got jettisoned for Boyle, which was a waste of another six months. And by waste I mean a waste of Boyle's time, since he said from the very beginning the only way he would do the film is if he had complete creative control. Now we have Babz and Boyle parting due to "creative differences" whatever they may be, meaning Babz decided to renege on her end of the deal and meddle with the story. So now rather than taking a step back, starting over and delaying the release a year to do it right, she's pushing forward with a patchwork script and a rushed production to get this thing out as fast as possible. So to all those Craigees who are hoping for a "proper send off for Craig" unfortunately think more QOS than CR.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Here we go :!: ---------Comicbook.com: CAMERON BONOMOLO: Rumor Claims Superman Star Henry Cavill Wanted as Next James Bond :!: “The producers of this long running franchise don't care at all about the cloud swirling around the head of this foreign born former superhero,” reads the September 13th blind item. “They want to cast him as their next replacement.” A September 20 update reveals the long-running franchise as Bond and the foreign-born former superhero as British actor Henry Cavill, who played the Man of Steel across three DC Films productions :!: Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.