The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Image While the idea of Craig silencing his inner Dr. No to accept one of the most enormous actorly cash-grabs in Hollywood history has already seized the public imagination, sources with knowledge of the franchise’s casting decisions, who spoke on background, tell Vanity Fair the $150 million offer is as fictional as Francisco Scaramanga’s third nipple. Craig, 48, has been offered no such deal, sources say, and negotiations to pin down who will portray 007 in upcoming Bond installments are still ongoing. (Sony and MGM, the secret agent franchise’s co-distributor, declined comment.) In other words, British bookmakers handicapping the odds for James Norton, Idris Elba, Jamie Bell, Poldark star Aidan Turner, Damian Lewis, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ Jack Huston, Luke Evans, Henry Cavill, Tom Hardy, and (yes!) Gillian Anderson as the next 007 need not close the betting on Craig’s competition anytime soon. Craig’s “slash my wrists” comment didn’t exactly endear him to MGM’s chief executive and chairman Gary Barber who, Vanity Fair has learned, personally contacted the actor last year to express his frustration in no uncertain terms. “Gary hit the ceiling when he read the story,” says a source with knowledge of the situation, who declined to be identified because the person was not authorized to speak publicly about the matter. “He called up Daniel to yell at him. He was furious.”
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Our local paper says that Turner is currently filming the third (and supposedly final) season of Poldark here in Bristol. I don't know how long the shoot is, but unless it is exceptionally long, I can't see it stopping him from becoming Bond.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Meanwhile, conjecture continues to swirl around the “surprise” next moves of Eon’s franchise doyenne, producer Barbara Broccoli. She and she ALONE , as Skyfall and Spectre director Sam Mendes attested earlier this year, “chooses who’s going to be the next Bond: end of story.” According to a Mirror UK report last month, Broccoli became “impressed” with classically trained Method actor Tom Hughes who plays an MI5 operative in the BBC thriller Cold War thriller The Game and he is now “tipped” to portray Bond. As for Tom Hiddleston as the odds-on favorite to replace Craig? Forget it says Frederick Forsyth, author of the 1971 bestseller The Day of the Jackal. In a recent interview with The Mail on Sunday, he cited an anonymous source who told him the producer had cooled on the Night Manager star. “I understand Barbara Broccoli is no way gong to pick Hiddleston,” Forsyth said. “No way.” Tom Hughes: Image Image Image This child is NOT James Bond and Broccoli is once again out of her mind :!: It's Turner time or bust :!: She had Jackman and chose Cr-egg. She has Turner now and if she picks another off beat Joe the hell with it all :!: This Hughes guy belongs in the new Fantastic Beasts film or a Mick Jagger biopic, but NOT James Bond :!: [video][/video] Hughes could not beat the new effeminate Q in a fight. This is a joke :!:
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

bjmdds wrote:Mick Jagger
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Correct Count, he does not fit the bill.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I loved Hughes in "The Game". I liked him in one of the Miss Marple episodes where he was a psycho. But Bond?
There's just an "antagonist" vibe about him,just a little too much IMO. Personally I could see him more as a villain.
After watching the first episode of "And Then There Were None" I am team Turner completely. I wouldn't mind Cavill either. I think he was great in U.N.C.L.E. BUT,he is Superman now and I think it just might be the case of "James Bond is not Superman and Superman is not James Bond"...
What I wouldn't want is for someone like Turner to get stuck with the baffling scripts like the one for SP or pretty much any other of the three Craig movies.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Our local paper says that Turner is currently filming the third (and supposedly final) season of Poldark here in Bristol. I don't know how long the shoot is, but unless it is exceptionally long, I can't see it stopping him from becoming Bond.
it seems like he'd be free but all this is getting hopes up.
It is interesting the big payday for Craig stories have been debunked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Suicide squad funnily drop for the top 3

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Our local paper says that Turner is currently filming the third (and supposedly final) season of Poldark here in Bristol. I don't know how long the shoot is, but unless it is exceptionally long, I can't see it stopping him from becoming Bond.
it seems like he'd be free but all this is getting hopes up.
It is interesting the big payday for Craig stories have been debunked

I know who will be James Bond.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Good choice FBF. Introduce those things to Broccoli. :lol:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Tell me what those things are, BJ.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Langoliers are creatures in the Stephen King novella of the same name.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:The Langoliers are creatures in the Stephen King novella of the same name.
Saw the TV series adaptation?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You said a mouthful FBF.
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

When will the decision on Bond on the next film be made? I may be naive but I thought Hiddleston was going to be announced after all the news at the start of the year.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think they will drag it out as long as they can. How long was it between the announcement of previous Bonds and the start of production on their debut films?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Craig was October the filming by January. I think it was nearly the same for Dalton and Brosnan. That was also during the film ever other year cubby era.

But what did they do when Lazenby quit? When did they announce Connery was back?

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Powder Puff wrote:When will the decision on Bond on the next film be made? I may be naive but I thought Hiddleston was going to be announced after all the news at the start of the year.
Personally I think all the Hiddleston hype (as with all the casting rumors at this point) is just that, hype drummed up by the London bookies to generate some free advertising.

As to when a new Bond is, or is not announced there is only one person who knows for sure (Barbara Broccoli) and something tells me she's not posting on this forum.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Finally, a look and a role that suits him perfectly.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:Image Finally, a look and a role that suits him perfectly.
He was born for this role.