The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:I don't think it was "hubris" for the BBC to sack Clarkson for assaulting his producer. I wouldn't expect to keep my job if I punched my line manager. I wonder how long the boom in streaming services is going to last. I suspect that in the future, we'll see less original programming and more reliance on bought-in movies and TV shows.
Clarkson is an arse, no question. However there were a thousand better ways to contain the situation along with actually punishing the man ape. To me it was typical BBC politics, for internal reason at the top of the organisation they threw away potential to satisfy their click/tribe a knee jerk reaction to the previous attitude of protecting the talent at all cost, something the BBC hardly felt necessary during Clarkson's coloured past with them.

Any of of us would be out of a job acting out forget about assaulting a co worker. Althou I am not so sure in today's world extenuating personal circumstances would not allow for some leeway.

Not sure about the boom in original content for streams no services, I thought subscription or cable network original content would have died off by now so far it has only gotten stronger. Original content makes more sense for Netflix with 70 million people paying £5.99 a month, Prime videos seem like a loss leader for Amazon with shipping and music included in the price.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Speaking of the distant past one of the pro Craig arguments that really pissed me off was he's essentially Steve McQueen, I watched the original magnificent seven last night I kept thinking how the hell did anybody ever compare Craig to McQueen !?
Craig from one angle only one can be said to resemble McQueen but my god he's nothing like McQueen if he has to move his face, speak or act!
The McQueen comparison was one of the Craig fanboy /eon studio defenses that bugged the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

As the state of Texas considers a bathroom bill that would ban transgender people from using the public bathrooms in which they feel most comfortable, the NFL has issued a reminder that such a law could affect future Super Bowls in the state. :hair: Ronald Nelson · Colonel (Retired) at US Army Retired
The NFL is more concerned over the warped political correct views of the left than the safety or our women and children... it is time to boycot the NFL.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

If you listen to England’s Express, some form of production of the next film is imminent, the site reporting that the script is thought to have been finished (this despite the fact that there’s been no announcement of writers) and that the production team has secured a Bell UH-1D/Huey helicopter from a Germany aeronautical museum that will supposedly be destroyed in a major action sequence.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Guess we will find out soon. No distributor , no script, no lead actor . If production is starting soon I wonder if it's business as usual or plan b with a new actor.

I think Craig is busy until 2018 or 2019. But I didn't look it up

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Did a bond news search there was this story of a Indian actor and I guess his mom telling Craig how much she loved bond then said you are my favorite bond pierce

:lol:

The Lion actor - who is nominated for an Academy Award - recalled when he was celebrating Slumdog Millionaire at the BAFTAs and got into an awkward situation with 007.

“We went to the BAFTAs and she was at the afterparty and there was this wild Indian woman wildly gesticulating and a crowd formed around her,” he said of his parent.

“She was talking to Daniel Craig, talking about how much she loved James Bond.

“She said, ‘oh my God, you’re my favourite Bond, Pierce…!’”

Last edited by Omega on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I just tried to watch Spectre on EPIX. It's intolerable :!: It's not watchable :!: EON is using cinematic revisionism to create a so-called original film and it fails immensely :!: Cr-egg looks so hideous in profile, and the scene where he starts shooting a gun accurately after having holes drilled into his brain, yet no blood is on his face, is utterly ridiculous :!: Cuckoo :!: :ROFL: Please, send in Aidan or end the franchise :!:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:Did a bond news search there was this story of a Indian actor and I guess his mom telling Craig how much she loved bond then said you are my favorite bond pierce

The Lion actor - who is nominated for an Academy Award - recalled when he was celebrating Slumdog Millionaire at the BAFTAs and got into an awkward situation with 007.

“We went to the BAFTAs and she was at the afterparty and there was this wild Indian woman wildly gesticulating and a crowd formed around her,” he said of his parent.

I mean :ROFL: but how on earth can you look at Craig and think it's Brosnan. And how can one not know how his/hers favorite Bond looks like.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Omega wrote:Did a bond news search there was this story of a Indian actor and I guess his mom telling Craig how much she loved bond then said you are my favorite bond pierce

I would have told that lady to walk fast and walk far. We all know what a short fuse Craig can have and that's the sort of thing that could set him off :happy spin:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Is this CABLE material for Deadpool 2?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Image Is this CABLE material for Deadpool 2?
In the world of comic books, complete transformation is very common. Tom Hardy as Bane anyone.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Please, send in Aidan or end the franchise :!:
Aidan is not Bond by Babs' standards. He is:

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:

I would have told that lady to walk fast and walk far. We all know what a short fuse Craig can have and that's the sort of thing that could set him off :happy spin:
I want thinking the same. Imagine Craig was just on the edge of hulking out and thought "wait would this look like a hate crime"
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Omega wrote:
kater23 wrote:

I want thinking the same. Imagine Craig was just on the edge of hulking out and thought "wait would this look like a hate crime"
He's only a few sh!t fits away from needing a Hannibal Lecter mask! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He's been in his best behavior recently in that he hasn't been out in public really.
But 2008-9 when slum dog was out for the oscars Craig a long list of "incidences" where he lost it on adoring fans.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image First look at Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' starring Daniel Craig------another Cr-egg bomb in the making :!: 'no boubt adout it' folks :!: :clap: :down:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

At least he not trying to look smart when he does it for bond he looks smug at best. Bond actors never tried to look smart before him, they tried to look classy. Craig looks like a dumb thug not sure what he's trying to play .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The heist film follows two brothers Jimmy (Tatum) and Clyde Logan (Driver) as they set out to perform an elaborate robbery during a widely watched NASCAR race. Logan Lucky stars Daniel Craig, Channing Tatum, Hilary Swank, Katherine Heigl, Adam Driver, Sebastian Stan, Riley Keough, Katherine Waterston, Katie Holmes, David Denman, Jack Quaid and Seth MacFarlane. Craig plays 'Joe Bang' :ROFL: in the movie. Digitalspy's Louise McCreesh:"And we hate to say it, but he's looking shaken AND stirred." :ROFL:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:---another Cr-egg bomb in the making :!: 'no boubt adout it' folks :!: :clap: :down:
What's the budget for this? It could turn a profit if they keep down the costs.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

WWE reported this morning (Feb. 17) that Hall of Famer George “The Animal” Steele (real name William James Myers) passed away. He was 79 years old. No specifics have been released on cause of death, but just yesterday, Wrestling agent Eric Simms wrote on his Facebook page that Steele was in hospice receiving end of life care.