Have you ever been surprised when rewatching a Bond film?

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Have you ever been surprised when rewatching a Bond film?

Post by Kristatos »

I watched LALD again last night. It's been maybe 2-3 years since I saw it last. I try not to watch the same film too often, in order to keep it fresh. Anyway, I had remembered Rog being interrupted when trying to deliver the "My name is Bond, James Bond" line ("Names is for tombstones, baby"), but was rather surprised that he actually managed to say the line in full a couple of minutes earlier. I had always thought that the interruption was due to the filmmakers trying to downplay many of the familiar Bond elements like tuxedos and martinis to make it easier for the audience to forget Sean (again).

Has anyone else had these moments when your memory of a Bond film differs from the reality?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Re: Have you ever been surprised when rewatching a Bond film

Post by Goldeneye »

Yes. Most definitely. In my case some of this feeling may be from watching the Bond Marathons on cable tv, those are edited for time and other content. Still I know I had that feeling when watching the Roger Moore movies on DVD after Richard Kiel died I only watch Roger Moore on VHS or DVD because it always feels like it was too big an adventure to be broken up by commercials. I had that feeling in Moonraker, couldn't name what it was about off the top of my head today.