Discussion SPECTRE: The Unofficial Novelisation

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Discussion SPECTRE: The Unofficial Novelisation

Post by Kristatos »

Alessandra wrote: I'm sorry for omitting some details! But I was TRULY making the point that the stuff is seriously TEDIOUS. I don't intend to write about Moneypenny scenes that are worth nothing, or C. LOL I omitted that entirely, guess we need to make up for it. I'll get to it in the next chapter.

GREAT job btw... I loved your new chapter!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks. No worries, I agree that a lot of this stuff was eminently skippable, though the scenes with C help set up the climax, if you can call it that. I just went back and made a minor edit to my last chapter. I had referred to Madeleine as being a psychiatrist, forgetting that she was supposed to work at Ikea in this version of the story. I just retconned it so that she had been a psychiatrist before her current job. A bit lazy, but no worse than having Bond mumble something about misdirection in QOS to explain why Gemma Arterton still got covered in oil. despite the villain's plot having been changed to controlling the water supply, rather than the oil supply.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

LOL! I haven't had time to post today because I had a super busy day AND I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 which meant being on my old laptop and keeping an eye on the new one AND I'm still not done. I will definitely get to it tomorrow.
"Are we on coms?"
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I've done 3 win 10 updates so far all worked out pretty smoothly . Even factory app/programs worked smoothly. All the Ms programs like word had no problems

Btw zone alarm if you use it will not work, you will need a beta zone alarm the just put up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Love'in the story!
I'll keep writing the chapters I stated then post them to a lost chapter area since they are behind the current timeline.

I was thinking of either a epilogue or new book, unofficial of course, called 'The Bond Identity', filling in the story after "Tracy's" untimely suicide. er, I mean death, by murder.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Blowfeld wrote:Love'in the story!
I'll keep writing the chapters I stated then post them to a lost chapter area since they are behind the current timeline.

I was thinking of either a epilogue or new book, unofficial of course, called 'The Bond Identity', filling in the story after "Tracy's" untimely suicide. er, I mean death, by murder.
You mean like the movie Airplane! when Robert Hays starts talking and the other person wants to commit suicide?

BOND: You know, Madeleine, this is really a chance for a new start. I mean, I know I thought I got off to a new start -- and even changed my appearance for a bit -- at the end of Skyfall. But this is the real thing. Seeing you and driving this 51-year-old Aston Martin DB5 makes me feel alive. Really alive!

You can sort of guess what happens next.....
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Napoleon Solo wrote:

You mean like the movie Airplane! when Robert Hays starts talking and the other person wants to commit suicide?

BOND: You know, Madeleine, this is really a chance for a new start. I mean, I know I thought I got off to a new start -- and even changed my appearance for a bit -- at the end of Skyfall. But this is the real thing. Seeing you and driving this 51-year-old Aston Martin DB5 makes me feel alive. Really alive!

Almost writes itself. Almost. :D
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Napoleon Solo wrote:

I was thinking this part needs her desperately looking for the ejector seat button. Perhaps being lectured by him on how lame gadgets are.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Blowfeld wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:

I was thinking this part needs her desperately looking for the ejector seat button. Perhaps being lectured by him on how lame gadgets are.
Sounds promising. As he drones on, she's desperately checking every knob, handle or switch before she finally finds the ejector seat button.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Hope I'm not being greedy, posting two chapters in a row, but nobody else had contributed anything in over a month, so I thought I'd better get things moving. And yes, the last gag was blatantly stolen from Blackadder. If you're going to steal, steal from the best. Excuse me, meester....
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

With this line:

"I'm going to see C".

Maybe make it:

"I'm going to see C, see?"

The exchange described reminds me of a scene from the 1966 Batman movie where Batman and Robin are solving a riddle from the Riddler.

"But it happened at sea, see?" Robin says. "C for Catwoman!"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I did think of making that scene a lot longer, but I didn't want it to outstay its welcome. I may go back and rewrite it.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

So, who wants to write chapter 34?
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:So, who wants to write chapter 34?
I had an idea for it and was actually going to put it together tonight or Thursday, unless someone else is chomping for it.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Laughed out loud at your chapter title, Benny.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Thanks Kris! :cheers:
I just wish the rest of the chapter had been as good. I've been carrying around the basic framework of that idea since you posted your chapter, but when I finally sat down to put it together it just sort of fell flat.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:Thanks Kris! :cheers:
I just wish the rest of the chapter had been as good. I've been carrying around the basic framework of that idea since you posted your chapter, but when I finally sat down to put it together it just sort of fell flat.
I know the feeling. But none of us is getting paid for this. It's just something we're doing for fun. It doesn't have to be MAD magazine standard.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I've written the final chapter. Sorry for being greedy, but nobody else seemed to be showing much enthusiasm. I'm afraid I couldn't get the gag about Madeline looking for the ejector seat to work. It ended up being too similar to the ejector seat gag in Skyfall. I don't mind ripping off Airplane! but nicking gags from a Sam Mendes "Bond" film is a bit like stealing recipes from McDonalds.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Try the leeks, a play on leaks?

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Try the leeks, a play on leaks?

*whistles innocently*
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

"...Sony hack."

"You mean John Logan?"

Priceless!