President Trump

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

President Trump

Post by bjmdds »

Image Atlanta (CNN)Donald Trump has been drawing large crowds at events throughout the country, but his next event in Alabama could draw his largest gathering yet.

Trump is holding a Friday night "pep rally" in Mobile, Alabama, and because of increased expected attendance, a last minute venue change is taking place, the campaign said Thursday.

Previously planned for the nearby Civic Center -- which can hold up to 4,000 people -- the event is now being moved to the 43,000-seat Ladd-Peebles Stadium, normally home to high school football games.

"It's because of Mr. Trump's message of making America great again which is why people want to come out and hear that message," Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told CNN.
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Re: President Trump?

Post by bjmdds »

Rasmussen's latest national telephone survey finds that 57% of Likely Republican Voters now think Trump is likely to be the Republican presidential nominee next year, with 25% who say it’s Very Likely. That compares to 27% who felt a Trump nomination was likely two months ago when he formally announced his presidential bid, a finding that included just nine percent (9%) who said it was Very Likely. At that time, Trump ran near the bottom among the 12 declared GOP candidates. Now he leads the pack of Republican hopefuls which has grown to include 17 prominent contenders.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Republican nominee: quite possibly (though I suspect the GOP establishment will pull every trick in the book to ensure that Jeb! is the candidate, just as the Democrats will do anything to stop Sanders getting in the way of Hillary's coronation). President: I doubt it. He has no appeal beyond Tea Party Republicans.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You are quite wrong Kris. There is a growing positive trend now amongst Independents for Trump. Jeb Bush has ZERO chance of being the nominee. He can take his superpack money and have a party with it for himself because nobody will show up :!: The establishment Republicans are DONE :!: :!: :!: :!: The hell with all of them. Hillary is likely to be indicted. The Bill Clinton appointed federal judge is fed up with Hillary's evasiveness and is cracking down on her. It now looks like a Trump-Biden contest and Trump will clean Biden's clock. People here are so fed up with CAREER politicians that ANYONE outside the system who articulates what they believe will be supported ENTHUSIASTICALLY for President. Oh-bama, Boehner, and McConnell are all part of the same corrupt machine in Washington DC. Mark my words, this will be a race for the ages starting with Iowa in February.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Nate Silver gives Trump a 2% chance of being the Republican nominee. I must confess, my eyebrows raised when I read that, but Silver has such a stellar track record when it comes to predicting elections that it's hard to simply write him off.

Edit: sorry, forgot the link. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/don ... s-of-doom/
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

President Trump? Are the Four horsemen far behind?

"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Walker is done as is the rest of the Republican field. Carson is a solid second. Forget the rest of the group: By a more than 2-to-1 margin, Republican voters nationwide say the country needs a president from outside government who can bring a new approach to Washington (67%) rather than someone with government experience who knows how to get things done (26%). A new Monmouth University poll released on Thursday shows Trump lapping his opponents. According to Monmouth, 30% of Republican voters nationwide say right now that Trump would be their pick for the Republican nomination.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Donald Trump? Jeremy Corbyn? What is going on???
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Change in the USA. The other guy is nothing like Trump. [video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Trump, Sanders and Corbyn all share one thing in common - none of them seems like a machine politician. Indeed, all three are loathed by their respective parties' establishments, which makes them all the more appealing to rank-and-file party members, and to independents.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump leads Democrat Hillary Clinton head-to-head, according to a new poll released Friday.

The poll by SurveyUSA finds that matched up directly, Trump garners 45 percent to Clinton’s 40 percent.

In other head-to-head matchups, Trump beats out Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) by 44 percent to 40 percent; Vice President Joe Biden by 44 percent to 42 percent; and former Vice President Al Gore by 44 percent to 41 percent.

The poll also found that 30 percent of respondents believe Trump will eventually be the Republican nominee, leading the field. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :yay: :yay: :yay:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Although the poll surveyed 1000 Americans, fully 900 of them were registered voters. Some highlights:

* Clinton wins among women 44-35. Trump wins men 50-35.

* The only age group Clinton wins is the 18-34 bracket, 50-31. Trump wins the 35-49 group by 47-35; 50-64 by 50-35; and 65+ by 55-37. Guess which age groups vote the most in elections? The 50-65+ brackets.

* Trump wins the white vote by 51-34 and gets an encouraging 25% of the black vote. Hillary wins the Hispanic vote 50-31.

* Among those paying “a lot” of attention to politics, Trump is beating Clinton 54-36. Clinton wins among LIVs by 43-34.

It’s hard to tell if these are anti-Hillary numbers or pro-Trump numbers. The usual Democratic constituencies are supporting Clinton; ditto Republicans. Trump is winning moderates and independents by small margins. Clinton’s “war on women” charge isn’t resonating. And her favorables are in free fall.

The important takeaway: Trump, despite claims from establishment Republicans, isn’t chasing anyone away and his style may be attracting older, established voters that are vital to Republicans for victory in 2016.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Um, I don't like trump but I'm starting to get why he is doing so well. He is basically doing the same act career politicians do but the opposite end of the spectrum.

Instead of being afraid of his own shadow like most politicians he unapologetically bluffs his way through every controversy.

The democrats who think he is a gift to them need to think again, trump is not really a republican and not really a democrat, I think he will pull votes away from Hillary in a general election.

Sander works for some of the same reasons but he will not pull republican voters away from their candidate.
Trump and sanders are themselves more or less, people like that.

The political observers who are betting both sander and trump are a flash in the pan I think will be surprised. They all expect the political world to go back to normal soon, and cause those pesky candidates to fail, I'm not sure it will.

In my life time I experienced the Clinton white house, bush II, Obama's hope and change, under each president government got bigger less responsive to the average person. Imo this is why trump and sanders to a lesser extent are not going to go away easy. People rather take a chance on some one they do not like but trust will be different for real when they get to dc.

I know I don't want bush III or Clinton II. Nobody wants al gore or mitt Romney as alternatives either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Also bush and Obama were not exactly qualified to be president either, both failed foreign policy questions and both nobody really knew. Obama and Jon Stewart laughed about president trump but Obama paves the way for him. Obama had nothing to recommend him for the job except he was not Hillary and he was a blank slate nobody could criticize. The unknown inexperienced Obama being elected throws the job open to anyone. Even sanders.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't know, a lot of my friends from South Carolina are posting pro-Sanders stuff on Facebook, people who I would never expect to support a Democrat. Interestingly, the ones who remain Republicans seem to be supporting Ben Carson rather than Trump. I don't know much about Carson, so I can't really comment, and I'm not going to make the mistake of painting my own particular circle of friends as representing wider public opinion, but I wouldn't be too sure that Sanders can't appeal to Republican voters. I think it's a moot point, though, since the Democratic Party establishment has already chosen Hillary as their candidate. The primary process is just there for show.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Trump?

Post by Omega »

Until trump showed up the republicans were anointing Jeb bush . Hillary had the fix in before she decided to run only person with the guts to challenge her is sanders

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

As Trump put it, the silent majority is FED UP with BOTH parties and they want a leader who will DO as they said they would once and for all :!: The political pundits can all go to hell :!: They know NOTHING of what the USA citizens are thinking.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Until trump showed up the republicans were anointing Jeb bush . Hillary had the fix in before she decided to run only person with the guts to challenge her is sanders

Yeah, but from what I understand, the Democratic primary process is far less...democratic than the Republicans'! The way it was explained to me, the idea that Ted Kennedy's primary challenge to Jimmy Carter cost them the 1980 election looms large in Democratic Party mythology, and since then, they've come up with all sorts of bulls**t rules to ensure that some votes are more equal than others ("superdelegates" and the like).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Until trump showed up the republicans were anointing Jeb bush . Hillary had the fix in before she decided to run only person with the guts to challenge her is sanders

Yeah, but from what I understand, the Democratic primary process is far less...democratic than the Republicans'! The way it was explained to me, the idea that Ted Kennedy's primary challenge to Jimmy Carter cost them the 1980 election looms large in Democratic Party mythology, and since then, they've come up with all sorts of bulls**t rules to ensure that some votes are more equal than others ("superdelegates" and the like).
yeah how the hell does Hillary have so many superdelegates? Not one vote has been cast for her yet

Imo jimmy carter was going to lose no mater what, they would been better off with Ted Kennedy although his scandals might have cost them the election anyway

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Of course when I was first aware of who the president was not just a name was bill Clinton and he had all kinds of scandals he just ignored , my feeling about carter is based on what people think of him years later . Um So that would be the 90s as well .