Predictions For The Next Movie

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Re: Predictions For The Next Movie

Post by Alessandra »

Veronica wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
bjmdds wrote:How any critics do not destroy this mundane plot will be revealing.
Oh they will destroy it. A hell of a lot of them already said when there were leaks (and I mean critics from the big entertainment sites) that it sounded like it was a disaster, convoluted and trite and nonsensical and boring.
I can confirm that's exactly what it is. It's also INSULTING to the entire Bond franchise AND to Fleming.
And as anyone can see from the trailer, the Bond girl is EXTREMELY forgettable and not beautiful at all. Bellucci is beautiful but she has two scenes at the beginning, one of them of course being sex cause that's all she does, and that's it.
I like Lea,she is a good actress. If I am going to watch Spectre its going to be because of her.
Anyhow,I guess Spectre is going to be another "realistic","dark","gritty" Bond movie that "explores Bond's character". Just because Bond is now depressed doesn't mean there is character devolpment.
I once read how Broccoli once said her father didn't want to sell the franchise to another studio because he thought that the recipe that made Bond so successful would be changed.
Well then Barbara why did you not only abandon that recipe but went all over it with a car?
THAT franchise and THAT recipe put her food and everything she wanted on the table. She was born with a golden spoon in her mouth because of those films but then she says we should forget everything about them and watch these nrw movies that she sells as "character devolpment" crap.
INSULTING.
If there's one thing Spectre is not, it's realistic. It's not like that IN THE SLIGHTEST. You just wait till you see the opening scene.

Lea is a completely unknown/irrelevant actress so I have never seen her in anything relevant, and I honestly couldn't care less if she's good at acting or not. Meryl Streep is the best actress we have, but she is not suitable to be a Bond girl. As in the main one Bond falls in love with etc. Streep would make a fabulous villain though. Same way, this other girl is absolutely unsuitable to be the MAIN Bond girl, no less. Absolutely insignificant in terms of looks. That's not how a Bond girl must be. Her character makes no sense whatsoever, on top of everything else, so there's that, too. But, the way she looks is absolutely inadequate for the role.

Anyway re: realistic. That's not what they're doing with this movie. THey are simply giving you a trite, ridiculous, boring, obvious plot that at the same time has too many different directions that don't make sense and that has
Spoiler
two villains, one of whom we absolutely NEVER get the slightest rhyme or reason for. And the other creates Spectre and does all he does, because he's jealous that daddy loved Bond more than him.
Again, not joking. This is what it is.
"Are we on coms?"
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I know,I read the leaks so I pretty much know what Spectre is about. It's amusing how they will try to sell that as some kind...good movie.Period. but wait-the second villain? Who? Isn't there Oberhauser guy a.k.a. head of Spectre a.k.a. Craig's long lost brother?
As for Seydoux,well,she was in Woody Allen's movie and MI Ghost Protocol,and she was one of the leads in that movie "Blue is the warmest colour" that won Palme in Cannes. And I think she was in Grand Budapest Hotel as well.
And Meryl Streep as a villanes? Yes! Hello,anyone who watched "The Devil wear Prada" knows what I am talking about.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:I know,I read the leaks so I pretty much know what Spectre is about. It's amusing how they will try to sell that as some kind...good movie.Period. but wait-the second villain? Who? Isn't there Oberhauser guy a.k.a. head of Spectre a.k.a. Craig's long lost brother?
If the second villain is Mr White, it's not quite true that we never get a motivation for him.
Spoiler
He is afraid that Oberhausen/Serban/Blofeld will come after his daughter if he does not comply.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Alessandra wrote:Anyway re: realistic. That's not what they're doing with this movie. THey are simply giving you a trite, ridiculous, boring, obvious plot that at the same time has too many different directions that don't make sense and that has
Spoiler
two villains, one of whom we absolutely NEVER get the slightest rhyme or reason for. And the other creates Spectre and does all he does, because he's jealous that daddy loved Bond more than him.
Again, not joking. This is what it is.
This Days Of Our Bond soap opera is becoming more ridiculous the longer the filmmakers try to milk their half-a$$ed story arc. You may as well watch this instead:

[video][/video]
Last edited by The Saint 007 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I think the the second villain Ale's referring to is C, head of MI5. Who apparently is betraying his country for shits and giggles, or if my plot line in the unofficial novel is to be believed, to spy in lady's locker rooms!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:I think the the second villain Ale's referring to is C, head of MI5. Who apparently is betraying his country for shits and giggles, or if my plot line in the unofficial novel is to be believed, to spy in lady's locker rooms!
Oh,I forgot about that character. Another ridiculous story and not in a way Jaws love story was ridiculous. That was in a pleasurable,funny way ridiculous. This is a ridiculous in a "don't-try-to-sell-this-as-realistic" way.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Alessandra wrote:Yeah Blofeld is the foster brother that feels like daddy always loved Bond more than he loved him, so he makes Bond's life hell by creating Spectre.
I wish I was joking.
It's not even just the unbelievable cringe factor of a plot like this. It's also one of the oldest cliches in the book. But apart from Cain and Abel and Darth Vader, it's also ripping off that other JB Bond rip off, 24 - where it's revealed that mysteriously Jack's brother and father were behind it all, the authors of all his pain.

I'm struggling to think how this alley they're steering the Bond movies down could get any worse. Like many other modern franchises they'll probably end up having to reboot it again eventually when even the hardcore Craigskis get tired of it. I hate reboots, almost as much as remakes. It's just lazy film making.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Post by bjamesobrad »

What? Is all this info true? Bond is truly f@&$ed. Haven't been on here in awhile so all this is news to me.
I must admit I was a bit hopeful about this movie with Mr Waltz aboard but now I'm back to feeling how I always feel about the new Bonds, unenthusiastic
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Predictions, lets see..: more meledromatic soap operatic bulls**t, more soul searching, troubled bond, hates the world, q still being an it guy and less of a gadget guy and not an impressive gadget guy at that either, more stabs at the older bond (as who would want an exploding pen...right), bond will cry just like in sf, film will get uneeded praise despite how bad it should be, every reviewer will say zomg best bond movie evar, all action scenes like sf are probably only the intro or a small part of the film, terrible music, a gun barrel that doesn't know where the hell it's supposed to be (just like bond).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

A gun barrel that doesn't know where the hell its supposed to be ... :lol: :lol: they are lost in their "revolutionary" reboot of course the gun barrel is confused as well. :lol:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

The gun barrel will appear in the middle of the film. Whatever ham fisted melodrama is going on onscreen, it will be stopped for a cheap looking gun barrel, and will continue afterwards.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

My biggest prediction for the next movie:

Craig won't be in it!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

dirtybenny wrote:My biggest prediction for the next movie:

Craig won't be in it!
Before his tantrum nobody would give you odds on it, today yes I think it is more likely than not Bond number seven will be the star, and Bond number six will be devoured by rabid fans who had cheered him.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think it's too early to say whether this will cause permanent damage to DC's career or whether it turns out to be a storm in a teacup.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:I think it's too early to say whether this will cause permanent damage to DC's career or whether it turns out to be a storm in a teacup.
It's definitely a big stain on everything but I wouldn't be that suprised if Barbara wanted him still.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I know she is unreasonably attached that man, however this is a big deal. Still she could try to play it down and spin it, she has not as of yet. The longer the PR team sits on their hands the longer this stains the Daniel Craig 007 era. Either she does not want to or can not act because there is more damage incoming. She should have responded to all the story requests by now. She was in front of the last storm where Daniel talked like he was done. It has been three days now, that is a long time for a disaster response.

However nothing else has gotten close to prying Daniel out of the job, perhaps this will have no effect either. Looking at the situation logically it seems clear however nothing has been logical about the Craig Era..
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

I was being a little facetious with that comment, I wouldn't be surprised if Dan comes back but this certainly opens the door to his exit, either ousted by EON or by his own hand. Whether its sooner or later I can't wait until he's gone and as Blofeld said once Bond 7 establishes himself, the bloom will be off the rose and Craig will be regarded as the hack he truly is!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

I've been digesting some of the rumors swirling around the internet lately concerning Bond 25, namely Dan and Babz gleefully wishing Bond dead, Idris Elba making some cryptic tweets about Bond specifically "the name's Elba... Idris Elba" and add to that the lack of fanfare surrounding Craig's return. I would not be surprised if Craig's Bond dies early in the film maybe even in the PTS and is replaced by Elba who takes on the mantle of James Bond via the codename conspiracy.Just my random thought of the day.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:I've been digesting some of the rumors swirling around the internet lately concerning Bond 25, namely Dan and Babz gleefully wishing Bond dead, Idris Elba making some cryptic tweets about Bond specifically "the name's Elba... Idris Elba" and add to that the lack of fanfare surrounding Craig's return. I would not be surprised if Craig's Bond dies early in the film maybe even in the PTS and is replaced by Elba who takes on the mantle of James Bond via the codename conspiracy.Just my random thought of the day.
I think you're reading too much into tabloid rumour-mongering.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

I think you're right Kris, but I thought I'd put it to paper just in case it does come true, so I can feel like Nostradamus!