RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Is Skyfall the Worst Bond Movie?

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote:That kind of makes sense...but it's just...don't critics know what REAL Bond is like?
In their eyes, real Bond is trashy, pulpy and not at all the sort of thing that respectable people ought to be wasting their time on. Which is all true, of course, but they make it out to be a bad thing.
They had real Bond for close to 40 years most grew up watching the movies. just like the kingsman speech of what a gentleman is, it seems out dated to a punk kid whos mom is stuck in a bad situation and he has a dead end life in front to him but it matters, there is a reason for the standard. may seem refreshing to have Bond piss on the trademark drink by saying do I look like I give a d**n. But there was a reason Bond behaved like he did for 5 actors.

It's kind of like goring up in a town where everyone works in a factory building hand crafted cars, but their kids want to drive fords.
............ :007:
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:That kind of makes sense...but it's just...don't critics know what REAL Bond is like?
No.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I just don't know why on earth would anyone consider Bond trashy.The character is a huge phenomenon.There are Bond perfumes and what not.I'll never understand it.For me,the only logical explanation is that they ARE paid to write such reviews.I mean Skyfall-is basically around nothing.We never learn on what kind of mission Silva was and what M did.All of that is mentioned in literally one sentence.Oh and about how realistic Craig is...lord,I wonder if real life spies are playing Home Alone. _.///

While Skyfall got positive reviews,the movie that actually had subtext,complexed characters and relations between them got mixed reviews because,IMO had the worst actress ever playing a character that actually graduated from college.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I mean,the worst thing about Skyfall?Lord,Craigers say how Craig is more "realistic" as a spy.REAL LIFE SPIES should be mentally stable because of the job the have.They don't do "oh,i-don't-wanna-now-i-do-" thing.They can't just dissapear,lead everyone that they are dead the come back after how many months.If real life agent did something like that he would be flying through the window in a second.In Skyfall,he doesn't pass the tests and M lets him do the task??Hm,no.That's just impossible. And then Craigers say how Moore was a parody.This isn't??It's practically a laugh at any secret service.It makes the image how they let people who can't shoot,have drinking and pill problems and what-not to do some task.At the end,this guy who is called James Bond doesn't save his boss.I wonder how he didn't get fired at least after that.And then,it's like it wasn't enough,the new boss says how they have lot's of work to do to a guy who wanted to quit his job because of a chick he met 2 days before,the spent the entire time revenging her death even though she actually cheated on everyone with her motives,not just and oh,then he gets offended because M said "Take the bloody shot" and plays "angry and wounded boy" on some island instead reporting for duty. :roll: Seriously,Broccoli what have you done? :cuss:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Someone wrote on the Skyfall review how"The only think secret about Bond now is how he got so high rating." I can only second that.