DC loses it with a fan

The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

DC loses it with a fan

Post by The Sweeney »

Something to cheer your Friday afternoon up with - :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/1 ... 83120.html
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: DC loses it with a fan

Post by Kristatos »

"Usually composed Brit?" This is not the first story of this kind we've heard. And whilst it must get annoying being recognized wherever you go, the guy was only taking a photo on his camera, he wasn't pestering him for an autograph whilst he was picking out vegetables, or anything like that.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

I think Craig sounds very similar to Connery in this respect - not liking any fans approaching him in public.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Because supermarkets are bastions of privacy :roll:

I would think the time Craig does not have somebody to keep him calm that is the moment a fan hits the lottery. For the price of an iPhone they will be millionaires.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote:I think Craig sounds very similar to Connery in this respect - not liking any fans approaching him in public.

But the guy didn't approach him. Craig caught him snapping a photo and lost his rag.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:I think Craig sounds very similar to Connery in this respect - not liking any fans approaching him in public.

But the guy didn't approach him. Craig caught him snapping a photo and lost his rag.
Had mobile phones and internet uploads been available back in the mid 1960's, I'm fairly sure Connery would have taken the same stance reagrding strangers taking snaps of him in a supermarket.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Sweeney wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

Had mobile phones and internet uploads been available back in the mid 1960's, I'm fairly sure Connery would have taken the same stance reagrding strangers taking snaps of him in a supermarket.
Still not the same thing, girls climbing in windows and jumping in slow moving cars, photographers following him in to teh bathroom wiht his son, I think he'd be relieved with people keeping their distance and snapping a few pics with their phone, he if Connery does go anywhere now you can be sure dozens of photos are being taken just about wherever he goes. It's afact of modern life, if this guy were paparazzi following him Craig could go all Pierce Brosnan on him justifiably ;) This sounds liek it was just a guy in a supermarket shocked to see the guy he paid 15 bucks to see in Imax and $20 for the dvd, let him enjoy his moment.

I'm more bothered by the lecture on privacy I'd almost prefer the beating :lol: But seriously lecturing people on privacy in a public place is wrong, if Craig had taken a picture of the guy he attacked or if anybody else in a supermarket snaps away with their phone I don't see it as an invasion of privacy. And I take a lot of pics at teh supermarket, usually of canned goods with the text "Is this the one?"
:lol: :lol:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Speaking of Connery and rude I had to dig this up.

I know Connery had chip on his sholder in the 1960s I'm not sure I'd heard of him being rude to fans in general in recent years.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

"Why so serious, Mr. Craig?"

This sort of thing always happens with movie stars. It's just the way it is.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Didn't he do the same thing with a fan in line to see him in that stupid play? you know the one Were jackman flew off the handle when a cell phong rang :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Craig is hardly the most interesting actor at the best of times, but taking pics of him shopping? Why, did they miss Craig watching paint dry?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:Speaking of Connery and rude I had to dig this up.
Didn't that turn out to be a hoax?
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

I don't think anyone would like to be constantly harassed and probed in public, and unfortunately the bigger star you are, the more this will happen to you.
It's the downside to being famous. You can no longer wander into a local pub or Tesco and expect to remain anonymous. You've given up that right once you hit the public eye.

And it seems some actors cope with this pressure more than others. I think Brozza and Moore coped with it well during their Bond reign, whereas Connery and Craig don't seem to have the patience or time for it.

As I said earlier, during Connery's reign there wasn't such thing as mobile phone devices, were every single person he could have bumped into on the high street could have potentially taken photos of him. Had that been the case, I'm fairly sure there would have been a few smashed phones on the floor in the mid 60's..... :lol:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

I was looking through one of my Bond books titled For Your Eyes Only: Behind the Scenes of the James Bond Films, and there was a part about Dalton that I figured would be suitable to share in this thread:

"I happened to be doing this little documentary about wolves, and I was spending some time up in northern Canada and also northern Alaska. I went to live with the Eskimos while we were making it. And it was as far away from human civilization as you could probably get."- Dalton couldn't help but chuckle recalling the memory- "So here we are, skidding in on this ice runway near this remote village in the middle of nowhere. And suddenly, all these Eskimos came out, and when they saw me get off the plane they started pointing and shouting, 'It's James Bond! It's James Bond!' Dalton couldn't hold back the laughter. "I was just so completely floored! I mean the influence of these movies is completely total. It's just such a strange feeling that absolutely seizes you."

James Bond is a big deal all over the world. Being bombarded by fans is the price you have to pay when taking the role, or even if you're just a big movie star in general.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dalton didn't punch any of the Eskimos? What sort of a Bond actor is he? _.///
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

It's rather funny. Here we have Craig getting upset about lack of privacy in a supermarket, and then there's the story I mentioned of Dalton who gets eagerly approached by people calling him James Bond out in the middle of nowhere. There's really no escape when you're James Bond. Craig just has to learn to deal with it.

Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

Well, if this isnt proof Cr-egg is nothing more than a worthless, immature, overly agressive Football hooligan D-bag, nothing is. why wasnt he arrested?. if you hit your fans, your just a mindless Yob, and you should be treated like one, sent STRAIGHT to landing D at wandsworth, NO special treatment because "i iz big star", your a yob, nothing more.

i have no time for him.

also, sweeny, please, stop trying to flare everyones tempers, PLEASE, i had enough of it at the old mi6. there are NO similarities between Craig and Connery, yes, Connery would get Very angry about the intrusion of fans into his private life, and why, i do not know. but, i do not recall ANY stories of him using violence, shouting and being sarcastic, yes, but not overt violence. Because connery is and was a grown man

Craig is just an immature yob who belongs at wandsworth, not in front of a camara. Just Like Christian Bale. heck, they should make them cell mates.
Last edited by Glorious England on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Save The Queen.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

The Saint 007 wrote:I was looking through one of my Bond books titled For Your Eyes Only: Behind the Scenes of the James Bond Films, and there was a part about Dalton that I figured would be suitable to share in this thread:

"I happened to be doing this little documentary about wolves, and I was spending some time up in northern Canada and also northern Alaska. I went to live with the Eskimos while we were making it. And it was as far away from human civilization as you could probably get."- Dalton couldn't help but chuckle recalling the memory- "So here we are, skidding in on this ice runway near this remote village in the middle of nowhere. And suddenly, all these Eskimos came out, and when they saw me get off the plane they started pointing and shouting, 'It's James Bond! It's James Bond!' Dalton couldn't hold back the laughter. "I was just so completely floored! I mean the influence of these movies is completely total. It's just such a strange feeling that absolutely seizes you."

James Bond is a big deal all over the world. Being bombarded by fans is the price you have to pay when taking the role, or even if you're just a big movie star in general.
To be fair though, Dalton in appeared in only 2 Bond movies, which were no way in the same popularity league as Connery's or Craig's movies. Had Dalton appeared in a third, which raked in the same amount as SF, and started to get harrassed more in public, who knows how he would behave.

The only 2 actors to appear in the biggest global Bond films of all time are Connery and Craig, and out of all the actors it is only these 2 who have lashed back at being harrassed in public.

If I was a famous actor, shopping in Tesco on a Sunday morning, unshaven, scruffy, and wearing tracksuit bottoms (as I often do), and some unknown stranger started snapping photos of me putting a tin of Heinz beans in my trolley on their mobile phone, I don't honestly know how I'd react. If it was the first time it ever happened, I probably would laugh it off. If it was the 60th time it had happened to me, then maybe I would snap too.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Glorious England wrote: also, sweeny, please, stop trying to flare everyones tempers, PLEASE,
I've been on this forum since the very beginning. And who are you again? A new recruit? Welcome to the forum.

As you suffer from Aspergers, I'll assume that's what you thought my intentions were, but just to let you know, you were wrong in thinking this.
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

all are equal in the eyes of the maker..

Just saw the edit, yes, i assumed your intentions incorrectly. oh, and thanks for the welcome anyway.

ok, better way of putting my issues with craigs behavior.

Does Statham, who often plays a hot tempered and agry bloke on his films, go around mistreating his fans?, no, he will chat to em! even strike a pose!. so there is no excuse for cr-eggs behavior other than him not knowing how to behave.

Cr-egg and Sean Conery have Nothing in common, not even a charachter,. Connery Personofied the film James Bond created by terrance young. Cr-egg just plays matt damons Jason Bouring under an assumed name of James Bond, with a bit of manchester soccer rowdy thrown in! so it absolutely grinds my gears into a Powder when i see people try and compare cr-egg and connery.

a thug like Cregg , in my opinion has no place in film making, let alone playing "James Bond", why do you think cubby chucked "Bodie" (as lewis collins, actually a decent chap in RL, made the mistake of going in to audtion with his "Bodie" persona, and not as himself)out the office and hired Peirce instead? (before NBC pulled a fast one). because unlike that insane daughter of his, Cubby knew that you needed a Gentleman to play James Bond, not a Yobbo. why do you think he also screentested the late, much missed, Gareth Hunt? (who apparantly did very well), because he was a gentleman, who came very highly reccomended by Patrick Macnee.

Craig again, has no place in Cinema with his behavior, same as Christian Bale, same as any other thug who thinks being a big star means he can behave any way he dratted well pleases. they belong in prison with that attitude.

connery, yeah, he shouted, he got sarcastic, but was never violent, he had dignity. cr-egg doesnt, they cannot be compared.
God Save The Queen.