Craig is 'nothing' like James Bond

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Craig is 'nothing' like James Bond

Post by bjmdds »

It was not a good film Jack but for some reason the minions bought into it's false praise and will continue to do so out of curiosity. Broccoli wants Cr-egg forever. I doubt he gets a phone call firing like our boy Pierce did. Cr-egg will probably have a last fling over champagne cocktails with the green vegetable then he will dump her and she will feel rejected and in need of Cavill's comfort. :idea:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Well, here's something. Sam Mendes turned down the B24 whelming. I hope they literally fire Daniel Craig and Babs loses her part as a producer!!! MGM really ballsed it up within two decades, it's time to sell the rights to Warner Brothers, at least they still make old school action movies. And as well, the style of the films should revert back to the GE/TND formula with either Clive Owen or Michael Fassbender in the role of James Bond, a CLASSIC James Bond with manly persona like he was used to be from 1962 to 2004 (discounting DAD). I've had enough with an emotional cowardly liar and incompetent Bas***d taking the role of 007 and ruining the reputation of the franchise. It's time for Bond to be literally BOND again, the Sean Connery Bond that started in 1962 and ended with Brosnan. Gosh, I miss the old days. Yes, I know I may be too young to prefer old school, but that is how my father, a former Sgt. Major, brought me up. I prefer to be MANLY instead of being an emotionally unbalanced twerp like the modern protagonists in the films are, such as Twilight, Jason Bourne (discounting the literary original trilogy), and Christopher Nolan's pathetic Dark Knight. FULL STOP!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This exploration into the psyche of superheroes has become a joke. I hope they don't go down that path with The Man Of Steel. I want action, escapism, saving the world from lunatics and villains, not seeing why a hero is who they are, nor any Mommy Dearest Bond films like Skyfall.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:This exploration into the psyche of superheroes has become a joke. I hope they don't go down that path with The Man Of Steel. I want action, escapism, saving the world from lunatics and villains, not seeing why a hero is who they are, nor any Mommy Dearest Bond films like Skyfall.
Well said, sir. I couldn't agree more!!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Jack........YOU.......are "my kind of people" :!: :up:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:Jack........YOU.......are "my kind of people" :!: :up:
I'm really honoured. And yes, I hate Nolan's take on Batman and every other superhero. Where are the Frank Miller, Greg Rucka, Paul Dini's takes on the superheroes? They were manly with those authors! But, Nolan just emo-ized the series, same problem is with the Craig films. It's aimed at emos, not manly people. Once again, sir. Cheers!
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I second the sentiment..JackJamesBond, you're definitely going to fit in here. :cheers:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

kater23 wrote:

I second the sentiment..JackJamesBond, you're definitely going to fit in here. :cheers:
Thanks, Kater23. Finally, my point of views are appreciated.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

The Sweeney wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:Daniel Craig is James Bond, huh? Even my grandmother does a better act and she's asleep than Craig when he's doing his best. Best? He's nothing more than the worst.
Maybe so in yor opinion, but he has just starred in the most successful Bond film of all time.

It's difficult to dispute that fact.
That doesn't equal quality.
Bagging a lot of global awards, getting into the 90's on RT, global critical accliam, and the 7th biggest BO film of all time, its not a bad benchmark to go by....
I'd rather use the benchmark of whether I liked the film, not whether a lot of other people liked it.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Sweeney wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:Daniel Craig is James Bond, huh? Even my grandmother does a better act and she's asleep than Craig when he's doing his best. Best? He's nothing more than the worst.
Maybe so in yor opinion, but he has just starred in the most successful Bond film of all time.

It's difficult to dispute that fact.
That doesn't equal quality.
Bagging a lot of global awards, getting into the 90's on RT, global critical accliam, and the 7th biggest BO film of all time, its not a bad benchmark to go by....
I'd rather use the benchmark of whether I liked the film, not whether a lot of other people liked it.
Good one, Daltonite, love the choices of your films, by the way.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:Well, here's something. Sam Mendes turned down the B24 whelming. I hope they literally fire Daniel Craig and Babs loses her part as a producer!!! MGM really ballsed it up within two decades, it's time to sell the rights to Warner Brothers, at least they still make old school action movies. And as well, the style of the films should revert back to the GE/TND formula with either Clive Owen or Michael Fassbender in the role of James Bond, a CLASSIC James Bond with manly persona like he was used to be from 1962 to 2004 (discounting DAD). I've had enough with an emotional cowardly liar and incompetent Bas***d taking the role of 007 and ruining the reputation of the franchise. It's time for Bond to be literally BOND again, the Sean Connery Bond that started in 1962 and ended with Brosnan. Gosh, I miss the old days. Yes, I know I may be too young to prefer old school, but that is how my father, a former Sgt. Major, brought me up. I prefer to be MANLY instead of being an emotionally unbalanced twerp like the modern protagonists in the films are, such as Twilight, Jason Bourne (discounting the literary original trilogy), and Christopher Nolan's pathetic Dark Knight. FULL STOP!
Well at this point 10 years ago everybody expected Pierce to make his fifth, it was promised by EON, yet they took so long they successfully fired a good Bond adn hired a guy wiht relatively no on screen magnetism. Craig is good at playing a psychopath but that is not what and who James Bond is. Other movie series have adopted some of the Bondishness and Bond adopts more of the other movies persona and probably will continue to as long as Craig has the job.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Dr. No wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:Well, here's something. Sam Mendes turned down the B24 whelming. I hope they literally fire Daniel Craig and Babs loses her part as a producer!!! MGM really ballsed it up within two decades, it's time to sell the rights to Warner Brothers, at least they still make old school action movies. And as well, the style of the films should revert back to the GE/TND formula with either Clive Owen or Michael Fassbender in the role of James Bond, a CLASSIC James Bond with manly persona like he was used to be from 1962 to 2004 (discounting DAD). I've had enough with an emotional cowardly liar and incompetent Bas***d taking the role of 007 and ruining the reputation of the franchise. It's time for Bond to be literally BOND again, the Sean Connery Bond that started in 1962 and ended with Brosnan. Gosh, I miss the old days. Yes, I know I may be too young to prefer old school, but that is how my father, a former Sgt. Major, brought me up. I prefer to be MANLY instead of being an emotionally unbalanced twerp like the modern protagonists in the films are, such as Twilight, Jason Bourne (discounting the literary original trilogy), and Christopher Nolan's pathetic Dark Knight. FULL STOP!
Well at this point 10 years ago everybody expected Pierce to make his fifth, it was promised by EON, yet they took so long they successfully fired a good Bond adn hired a guy wiht relatively no on screen magnetism. Craig is good at playing a psychopath but that is not what and who James Bond is. Other movie series have adopted some of the Bondishness and Bond adopts more of the other movies persona and probably will continue to as long as Craig has the job.
Fans have suggested that EA Games gave Brosnan his fifth Bond outing with Everything Or Nothing. It's a great game, and it would have certainly made for a decent Bond film adventure with a little work.

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Dr. No wrote:
Fans have suggested that EA Games gave Brosnan his fifth Bond outing with Everything Or Nothing. It's a great game, and it would have certainly made for a decent Bond film adventure with a little work.

We're on the same page, Saint.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I read Babs was asked why Every thing or nothing was not made in to a movie her response was that was Pierce's Bond and we make Craig films now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Omega wrote:I read Babs was asked why Every thing or nothing was not made in to a movie her response was that was Pierce's Bond and we make Craig films now.

They'll print anything these days. :lol:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Omega wrote:I read Babs was asked why Every thing or nothing was not made in to a movie her response was that was Pierce's Bond and we make Craig films now.

Just like the "There's only one James Bond, and he's currently being portrayed by Daniel Craig" response to why Brosnan wasn't included in the GoldenEye remake. It's bad enough I no longer enjoy the Bond films, but they go and ruin the Bond games with mimicking Call Of Duty and all.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:

Just like the "There's only one James Bond, and he's currently being portrayed by Daniel Craig" response to why Brosnan wasn't included in the GoldenEye remake. It's bad enough I no longer enjoy the Bond films, but they go and ruin the Bond games with mimicking Call Of Duty and all.
Why play a rubbish remake when you have the decent original?
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:

It would have been nice if they had taken the original game and simply updated the graphics, gameplay, added online play, AI Bots, etc. But along with the original, there's always the GoldenEye Source version of the game to play. Even though the Source version is currently just a multiplayer game, it's still much more fun than Activision's remake.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:

It would have been nice if they had taken the original game and simply updated the graphics, gameplay, added online play, AI Bots, etc. But along with the original, there's always the GoldenEye Source version of the game to play. Even though the Source version is currently just a multiplayer game, it's still much more fun than Activision's remake.
Activision under Bobby Kotick really became more greedy and disgusting. They took the 007 license and turned every title they made to rubbish COD, yet they criticized GERA. At least, EA tried to come up with something new, unlike Activision whom I call them after Bobby Kotick got his hands to it, Craptivision. I mean come on, ever played Soldier of Fortune and Soldier of Fortune II? they were literally great first person shooters by Activision, but since COD arrived, they ruined everything.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:Activision under Bobby Kotick really became more greedy and disgusting. They took the 007 license and turned every title they made to rubbish COD, yet they criticized GERA. At least, EA tried to come up with something new, unlike Activision whom I call them after Bobby Kotick got his hands to it, Craptivision. I mean come on, ever played Soldier of Fortune and Soldier of Fortune II? they were literally great first person shooters by Activision, but since COD arrived, they ruined everything.
It's a shame that EA lost the Bond licence to Activision. I know EA isn't the best game company, but at least they tried to put an effort into their Bond games, unlike Activision who treats it like some cheap movie licence game you find in the bargain bin. It's almost as if Activision wanted to beat EA in the bidding war just for the hell of it. 007 Legends had the potential of being a great game, but they went and made another Craig Of Duty again. EON's arrogant attitude towards classic Bond will likely mean that we'll never get games featuring the older actors. I think it would be cool to have a Bond game with Roger Moore or Timothy Dalton.