The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

FBF as King of the anti-Eon minions :!:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Another despot bits the dust. Chavez is gone does his country melt down next?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, get a load of this great news :!: http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=794452 OTHER franchises until Cr-egg vacates the role :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Blowfeld wrote:Another despot bits the dust. Chavez is gone does his country melt down next?
Joe Kennedy must be heartbroken shilling for this guy with Citgo "earl" on USA tv.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

According to this article Sam Mendes will not be directing Bond 24.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Saint 007 wrote:According to this article Sam Mendes will not be directing Bond 24.
First bit of good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:According to this article Sam Mendes will not be directing Bond 24.
First bit of good news!
He cites his theatre commitments as the reason, but before, he had stated that his involvement was conditional on seeing a good script. Make of that what you will.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

He wanted moolah after Skyfall........he got bupkis :!: .......and left :!: Poor Danny. His favorite director has abandoned him. If the next film tanks, they will beg Mendes to return.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF, get a load of this great news :!: http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=794452 OTHER franchises until Cr-egg vacates the role :!:
Forget James Bond. Bring in Sheamus or other overgrown weightlifters as Bond for all I care. This will prove that bad winners do exist, and Babs is one of them. Babs is already a bad winner through Skyfall being nominated by many awards, especially the Oscars.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

The less Mendes-or no Mendes-the better. :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:FBF, get a load of this great news :!: http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=794452 OTHER franchises until Cr-egg vacates the role :!:
Forget James Bond. Bring in Sheamus or other overgrown weightlifters as Bond for all I care. This will prove that bad winners do exist, and Babs is one of them. Babs is already a bad winner through Skyfall being nominated by many awards, especially the Oscars.
Maybe Eon should team up with The WWE for the Wrestlemania event in 3 weeks and promote Cr-egg vs. Sheamus for the undisputed heavyweight moron of the world title. What say yee FBF? Sheamus vs. Cr-egg :idea:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

bjmdds wrote:He wanted moolah after Skyfall........he got bupkis :!: .......and left :!: Poor Danny. His favorite director has abandoned him. If the next film tanks, they will beg Mendes to return.
Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:
First bit of good news!
He cites his theatre commitments as the reason, but before, he had stated that his involvement was conditional on seeing a good script. Make of that what you will.
You both could be right. Every director says it is exhausted making a bond film, and I think they ask every director back as a courtesy almost. I think it would be funny if he was serious about coming back, making plans, and they were like, sorry we were only being polite :lol:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Whoever's chosen to direct the next Craig-Bond abomination, I'll bet the farm that it'll be another diletante one-timer just like all the others who've landed the job ever since John Glen was purged along with the rest of the old guard after Licence to Kill. Except the absurdly overrated Martin Campbell, who simply got lucky for having done the Comeback of Goldeneye, then made His Triumphant Return as the "savior" for Casio Royal after the remaining Pierce Brosnan Bonds got undermined by Babs & MGW's dubious choices of a hack (Roger Spottiswoode for TND), an indifferent "artiste" (Michael Apted for TWINE) and a complete NUT (Lee Tamahori for DAD) for what I can only speculate to be a subconscious act of self-sabotage that was somehow meant to render Brosnan and the Classic James Bond unpalatable by oversaturation in order to justify their "reboot" with the most UN-Bond like actor in the universe, while still preserving their Box-Office.

Hell, if they pay him enough, Campbell will probably come back for a THIRD time just to break in whoever the New "Bond" will be after Craig finally leaves and bask in the accolades for having saved/reinvented the series yet again before taking off as always. Then the current EON's same old ghastly pattern of picking snotty, holier-than-thou, "artistic" directors-for-hire can ruin the subsequent movies all over again and give Campbell more praise by default. The pompous @$$.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Maybe Eon should team up with The WWE for the Wrestlemania event in 3 weeks and promote Cr-egg vs. Sheamus for the undisputed heavyweight moron of the world title. What say yee FBF? Sheamus vs. Cr-egg :idea:
EON and WWE should team up.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli vs. Trish Stratus?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Broccoli vs. Trish Stratus?
Trish would kick the b1tch's @$$. That's for sure.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I would pay to see that and I am sure you would as well at Wrestlemania in 3 weeks :!: http://www.keyreads.com/2012/11/four-po ... bond-next/ G4 cable channel is showing the first 21 Bond films in order now. TB was just on. Tomorrow night is YOLT. A pleasure to watch real Bond films.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:I would pay to see that and I am sure you would as well at Wrestlemania in 3 weeks :!: http://www.keyreads.com/2012/11/four-po ... bond-next/ G4 cable channel is showing the first 21 Bond films in order now. TB was just on. Tomorrow night is YOLT. A pleasure to watch real Bond films.
Indiana Jones and Mission: Impossible are now the real Bond films.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, will you see ST 2 (Khan or no Khan) the same number of times as Potter? I plan on seeing it opening weekend.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF, will you see ST 2 (Khan or no Khan) the same number of times as Potter?
That's for the last Abrams' Trek movie as I did with the last Nolan Batfilm.
I plan on seeing it opening weekend.
So will I. I will see it on the opening night.