Platform(s) PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, Game Boy Advance
Release date February 17, 2004
Genre(s) Third-person shooter
Mode(s) Single-player, multiplayer
Rating(s) ESRB: T
OFLC: M
PEGI: 12+
Media DVD-ROM

James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing is a 2004 third-person shooter video game, where the player controls Ian Fleming's master spy, James Bond. Bond is modeled after and voiced by the then-current James Bond actor, Pierce Brosnan. EA Canada developed and published Everything or Nothing for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and the GameCube. The Game Boy Advance version was developed by Griptonite Games. Everything or Nothing also marks the sixth and last performance of Pierce Brosnan as James Bond, both in game and film.

Overview

Everything or Nothing is the second Bond game played in the third-person and is the first Bond game to feature a two-player cooperative mode. However, unlike its modern predecessors, Everything or Nothing lacks a true deathmatch multiplayer mode, a popular staple in Bond games since 1997's GoldenEye 007.

For the first time in any James Bond game, Electronic Arts hired many actors to model the characters after as well as for their voice talents. In addition to Pierce Brosnan, this includes Judi Dench and John Cleese from previous Bond films and adds well-known actors Willem Dafoe, Shannon Elizabeth, and Heidi Klum, including classic 007 actor Richard Kiel who played Jaws in the classical 007 films returns to reprise his role as Jaws. Everything or Nothing is also the second James Bond game to have its own original theme song but the first to be sung by a well-known singer: R&B artist Mya, who also has a part as a Bond girl in the game. The soundtrack was composed by Sean Callery, best known for television's 24 and Nikita. The soundtrack features a new rendition of the famed James Bond music by Callery.

The game was written by screenwriter Bruce Feirstein, who also wrote the Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies and co-scripted the Bond films GoldenEye and The World Is Not Enough.

Everything or Nothing includes 29 missions as well as 4 unlockable bonus missions, numerous gadgets supplied by Q and the return of the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish from the 2002 film Die Another Day.

Plot summary

The story begins with Dr. Katya Nadanova, a nanotechnology professor at Oxford, being kidnapped by terrorists and taken to Egypt. James Bond is sent to rescue her and her new invention, a nanobot that can repair electrical wires. Bond finds her on a moving train, and is able to rescue her after a battle with the terrorist general, though most of the nanobots were destroyed. After Bond leaves her at a nearby military base, she meets with Nikolai Diavolo, a Russian businessman; he receives a vial containing a few of her nanobots.

Later, Bond is sent to look for 003, who has gone missing after being sent to investigate a Peruvian platinum mine. Bond enlists the aid of an American geologist, Serena St. Germaine, to help him find the mine. When he finds 003 in the mine, Bond discovers that he has been tortured and shot. With his dying breath, 003 tells Bond that something is going to happen in New Orleans.

In New Orleans, Bond discovers that the nanobots that Dr. Nadanova created have been altered by Diavolo to hold a chemical that can eat through any metal known to man, except platinum. Bond destroys the laboratory being used to make the nanobots, but finds out that a truck full of nanobots is being driven to the New Orleans levees, so they can destroy the levees and flood New Orleans. Bond destroys the truck before it can reach the levees.

Bond returns with Serena to Peru to learn more about Diavolo’s plans at the platinum mines. Once in the mines, he is captured by Nadanova and placed in a death trap by Diavolo. Diavolo explains that he intends to use the nanobots to destroy everything responsible for the destruction of his Soviet homeland. Bond breaks free of the death trap and escapes the mines in a helicopter piloted by Serena.

Diavolo travels to Moscow where he intends to use his nanobots to release toxic gas into Red Square. Bond follows him. After preventing the release of the gas, Bond discovers that there is a missile silo under the Kremlin. Diavolo has placed payloads of the nanobots on the missiles and plans to launch them at his targets.

Bond enters the silo and deactivates the missiles. He is then attacked by Diavolo and Nadanova in a Soviet jet. Bond shoots the jet down, killing Nadanova, but Diavolo ejects and manages to activate one of the missiles from a control tower. Bond shoots Diavolo with a rocket launcher, then destroys the missile with some well placed shots from a nearby rocket turret.

Vehicles

* Chimera Motorcycle
* Porsche Cayenne Turbo
o RC Car (a gadget)
* Helicopter
* Peruvian Tank
* Triumph Daytona 600
* Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
o RC Car (a gadget)
* Volotech Truck
* Limousine
* Rally Car
* Platinum Tank

Cast

* Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
* Shannon Elizabeth as Serena St. Germaine
* Mya Harrison as Mya Starling
* Heidi Klum as Katya Nadanova
* Willem Dafoe as Nikolai Diavolo
* Misaki Ito as Miss Nagai
* Richard Kiel as Jaws
* Judi Dench as M
* John Cleese as Q
* Vladimir Cuk as Jean LaRouge

Game engine

Everything or Nothing's game engine evolved from the engine used in Agent Under Fire. Like its predecessor, the driving sections were developed using a separate engine by EA Canada. Erik Strickland and Louis Gascoigne were the lead engineers on the 3rd person action portion of the game.

Music

The game features a title song of the same name performed by Mýa. Her song is equal to Madonna's "Die Another Day" in the fact that three different versions exist: "Everything or Nothing" has the main version, a Jazz version that plays when Bond is visiting the Kiss Kiss Club in New Orleans, and a techno version that plays over the end credits and during the bonus training missions; "Die Another Day" has the main version, a Dirty Vegas remix for the end credits of the film and a Deepsky Edit (which was not featured in the film). Mya and Madonna are also the only two artists to perform a Bond song and act in their respective Bond projects: Mya plays NSA Agent Mya Starling in Everything or Nothing while Madonna plays fencing coach Verity in Die Another Day.

The in-game music was composed by 24 composer Sean Callery, with additional music by Jeff Tymoschuk.
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Re: Everything or Nothing

Post by Skywalker »

I had this game and it was enjoyable.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Bond becomes invisible in the game.
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

FormerBondFan wrote:Bond becomes invisible in the game.
Nice touch and the rally race was excellent.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Skywalker wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Bond becomes invisible in the game.
Nice touch and the rally race was excellent.
And a reference to DAD.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Some people consider Everything Or Nothing to be Brosnan's last Bond outing. Even though it's a game, it's a very cinematic-like one, which uses likenesses and voice talent from real actors and actresses. Loved how this game was done in third-person perspective, as well as the story/adventure. The co-operative mode was a cool addition, but the battle multiplayer mode wasn't all that great. But overall, it's a very enjoyable Bond game, and I consider it to be EA's best.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Fantastic game, I rememebr back in Novemebr 03, being crushed by the news that it was going to be delayed for 3 months. EON was, imo, the last truly great Bond game. EA went downhill afterwards, but in the early 2000's, they really knock it out of the park 3 times. Nightfire is my favourite Bond game, but Everything Or Nothing follows at #2.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Fantastic game, I rememebr back in Novemebr 03, being crushed by the news that it was going to be delayed for 3 months. EON was, imo, the last truly great Bond game. EA went downhill afterwards, but in the early 2000's, they really knock it out of the park 3 times. Nightfire is my favourite Bond game, but Everything Or Nothing follows at #2.
Do you like EA's From Russia With Love game? I know it's not quite as good as Everything Or Nothing, but I still found pretty enjoyable. EA may not be the greatest company, but when it comes to the Bond games, they certainly put more effort into them than Activision. I had tons of fun playing Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, Everything Or Nothing, and From Russia With Love. I especially loved the multiplayer mode for Agent Under Fire and Nightfire. EA's The World Is Not Enough for the Nintendo 64 was pretty good too.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

The Saint 007 wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Fantastic game, I rememebr back in Novemebr 03, being crushed by the news that it was going to be delayed for 3 months. EON was, imo, the last truly great Bond game. EA went downhill afterwards, but in the early 2000's, they really knock it out of the park 3 times. Nightfire is my favourite Bond game, but Everything Or Nothing follows at #2.
Do you like EA's From Russia With Love game? I know it's not quite as good as Everything Or Nothing, but I still found pretty enjoyable. EA may not be the greatest company, but when it comes to the Bond games, they certainly put more effort into them than Activision. I had tons of fun playing Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, Everything Or Nothing, and From Russia With Love. I especially loved the multiplayer mode for Agent Under Fire and Nightfire. EA's The World Is Not Enough for the Nintendo 64 was pretty good too.
As a game, it was ok. As a Bond game, it butchered one of the best Bond films. EA started of ok with TND, 007 Racing, TWINE (both for the N64 & PS). They then hit their peak with AUF, NF (PS2/XBX/GC & PC) & EON. After EON, EA went downhill with FRWL & GERA. I will say this though, EA at their worst was better than Activision at thier [s]best[/s]... least worst.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
As a game, it was ok. As a Bond game, it butchered one of the best Bond films. EA started of ok with TND, 007 Racing, TWINE (both for the N64 & PS). They then hit their peak with AUF, NF (PS2/XBX/GC & PC) & EON. After EON, EA went downhill with FRWL & GERA. I will say this though, EA at their worst was better than Activision at thier [s]best[/s]... least worst.
Since it is a game, they'll have to make certain changes from the film in order to make it more adventurous for gamers. But overall, I quite enjoyed playing From Russia With Love. I haven't really enjoyed any of the other Bond games that have come afterwards.

Are you into any of the handheld Bond games? I haven't played every one, but out of the ones I have played, I like James Bond 007 for Game Boy and Everything Or Nothing for the Game Boy Advance.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

The only handheld Bond game i've played is James Bond 007 for the GB. But I don't rememnber much about it.

On top of the games i've allready mentioned, I also own: James Bond 007: The Duel (the Dalton game 8) ) for the Sega Master System 2* & The Spy Who Loved Me for the Amstrad.

* I like to set my Master System II up for a bout of retro gaming every once in a while. No saves, you run out of lives, and it's back to the beginning of the game. Kids today don't know how lucky they are. :wink:
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

GoldenEye for the Nintendo 64 was the first Bond game I played, but I would actually like to try some of the older Bond games you mentioned.

Good to see someone here is also into retro gaming. My first game system was the original Nintendo, which came with a copy of Super Mario Bros. 3. It was one of my favourite games, and I played it to the point where the cartridge didn't work too well anymore.

Thankfully, the Nintendo Wii has an awesome feature where you can download classic games from Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Master System and others. So now I'm able to enjoy some of the older games I used to play as a kid, as well as others I missed out on. There's even a suspend play feature, so you can stop at anytime during the game, and come back to the same place you left off later on. It comes in handy for really difficult games like Ghosts N Goblins. Yeah, I'll admit, modern gaming has spoiled/softened me up a little. I just don't have the time and patience to play through some of these challenging old games in one sitting, as I did years ago.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

I found this pic on DeviantArt:

As I've mentioned, there are people who consider Everything Or Nothing to be Brosnan's last true Bond outing, or that it would have made a fairly decent Bond film. With a little work, I guess a film adaptation of the game could be possible.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

I would not have wanted a 5th Brosnan film. 4 was enough, and after DAD, I do believe a new actor was needed (but not a *spit* reboot). However, EON probably could have been turned into a film quite easily. I mean, it had a ready made cast.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

This was the Bond film of the year 2004 for me! Great game and great script indeed!!! And a great BOND!!