A Wave at the Lurkers (Welcome Thread)

News and other Non-Bond Discussions
katied

Re: A Wave at the Lurkers (Welcome Thread)

Post by katied »

carl stromberg wrote:This forum is busy lately. Now the MI6 forum has gone this is probably one of the top two or three most popular Bond forums. :cheers:

We've had a lot more new people and GREAT posts as a result.This can only be a good thing! :cheers:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

100 posts today!
Bring back Bond!
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

After Craig himself admitted that QOS was cobbled together, and Foster claimed QOS didn't turn out to be the movie he wanted, I feel sorry for all those Craig fans who thought there was so much thinking and planing behind it, all that frantic editing and camera angles, Ambiguous script. Weren't some attempt at High class movie making but rather Just a total F*** up, a bunch of fresh faced film students could of brought in a decent action thriller on time and on budget. Given the past success of the series.
Still it's nice to know DCINB.COM is still here pointing out" the king is in the all together". If I was a Craig fan I'd be spitting mad to think I'd been fooled. Then again they can't be seen to back down now as not to appear foolish for not seeing what many of us saw years ago. Hope more and more dissatisfied Fans find a Home here.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Thunderpussy wrote:After Craig himself admitted that QOS was cobbled together, and Foster claimed QOS didn't turn out to be the movie he wanted, I feel sorry for all those Craig fans who thought there was so much thinking and planing behind it, all that frantic editing and camera angles, Ambiguous script. Weren't some attempt at High class movie making but rather Just a total F*** up, a bunch of fresh faced film students could of brought in a decent action thriller on time and on budget. Given the past success of the series.
Still it's nice to know DCINB.COM is still here pointing out" the king is in the all together". If I was a Craig fan I'd be spitting mad to think I'd been fooled. Then again they can't be seen to back down now as not to appear foolish for not seeing what many of us saw years ago. Hope more and more dissatisfied Fans find a Home here.
They (the Craig fanatics) knew it was a load of old badly made rubbish but they could not admit it in public and tried to pretend it was a great piece of art.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Oh it's a piece of something Captain..........and you know what!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I think it's time that CommanderBond site was shut down. :cheers:
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:I think it's time that CommanderBond site was shut down. :cheers:
Wouldn't it just metastise into several competing sites like MI6 did, then? The Judean Commanderbond.net vs the Commanderbond.net of Judea?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Kristatos wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:I think it's time that CommanderBond site was shut down. :cheers:
Wouldn't it just metastise into several competing sites like MI6 did, then? The Judean Commanderbond.net vs the Commanderbond.net of Judea?
I think we ought to hasten the CommanderBond split. Here is my version: http://commanderbond.vanillaforums.com/ :evil:
katied

Post by katied »

Apparently Commander Bond has been going into the toilet for some time. From what I saw, closing the boards down might be a good thing. MI6 is still limping along.
Colt Bachman
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice

Post by Colt Bachman »

Hello all

I'm a contributor to the DCINB Bond 23 diary at: http://classicbond23diary.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to contribute any comment, gossip or thoughts.
katied

Post by katied »

Awesome!I'm on Blogger myself-I'll start following you so I can get updates! :cheers:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Welcome Colt!
Bring back Bond!
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Hello all, Daltonite Toothpaste here.

- As the name suggests, Dalton is my favourite Bond (and one of my favourite actors).
- I've been a fan of Bond since 1996, when my dad bought me a copy of the then newly released on VHS, YOLT. I saw my first cinema Bond with TND in '97.
- I love horror films, i'm a big fan.
- I'm also a fan of Doctor Who. My favourite being the litte man with the hat 'n brolley.
- At first, I did like both CR & QOS, but having had 6 years to digest them, i've come to dislike them.
katied

Post by katied »

Welcome, Daltonite! :cheers:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Thanks for the welcome. :martini:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Always nice to meet another Dalton Fan. :up: Welcome onBoard Daltonite Toothpaste. :cheers:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Hopefully your toothpaste will stop the decay caused by DC as Bond. Welcome.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

Alas i'm affriad the stain will be too much to remove from the series. I could use my time machine, but each time I use it, there's a chance that the sun could explode. But it would be woth it, right? :wink:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Alas i'm affriad the stain will be too much to remove from the series.

You got to agree with the toothpaste.
I could use my time machine, but each time I use it, there's a chance that the sun could explode. But it would be woth it, right? :wink:
The only way to stop the DC Bond virus outbreak is for Bond 23 to flop.

It's a good thing you're cured from this disease.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

bjmdds wrote:Hopefully your toothpaste will stop the decay caused by DC as Bond. Welcome.
We could put the toothpaste of the master copy of Sky-awfull and blow it up. :twisted:

Welcome to the new members.